Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

ROME 2 Encyclopedia

themanofsteelthemanofsteel MemberPosts: 95Registered Users
edited August 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Do you think that there will be an encyclopedia for rome 2 and what did you think of the Shogun 2 one?
Post edited by themanofsteel on
only when it is too late do you decide that the second plan was better

Comments

• firebird423firebird423 Senior Member Posts: 942Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I would be shocked if there wasn't, considering the number of units, buildings, and factions, I'd be using it far more than I ever did in Shogun 2
  • Blakeyboy1993Blakeyboy1993 Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I hope there is, actually enjoyed reading some of shogun's encyclopedia when i was bored at 3 am
  • ~Naberius~~Naberius~ Senior Member Posts: 336Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    LMAO Shogun 2's encylopedia was a joke! There was not any unit diversity it was a big rock paper scissors game set in feudal japan and the only variation between factions were colors.
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,006Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited August 2013
    ~Naberius~ wrote: »
    LMAO Shogun 2's encylopedia was a joke! There was not any unit diversity it was a big rock paper scissors game set in feudal japan and the only variation between factions were colors.

I thought the encyclopaedia was a great addition. And considering diversity is your only complaint, the encyclopaedia is a must have for Rome II.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • firebird423firebird423 Senior Member Posts: 942Registered Users
    edited August 2013
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKPosts: 5,336Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited August 2013
    Confirmed that a bigger and badder Encyclopedia is making a comeback for R2!
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • FinnishVikingFinnishViking Senior Member Posts: 715Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Mackles wrote: »
    Confirmed that a bigger and badder Encyclopedia is making a comeback for R2!
    Mackles does it again :P
  • Achilles LacendaemonAchilles Lacendaemon Banned Posts: 1,422Banned Users
    edited August 2013
    Do you think that there will be an encyclopedia for rome 2 and what did you think of the Shogun 2 one?

there is no need for one, at least to me.
    '' How glorious fall the valiant, sword in hand, in front of battle for their native land! ''
    '' Discipline, Glory, Conquest '' - Sparta
  • menaceukmenaceuk Senior Member Posts: 267Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    As a newbie to shogun 2, I found the encyclopedia a massive help. Even more so than the prologue campaign. I hope ROME 2 has one as good, or better.
    Every man falls beneath the heal of his hubris
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 6,730Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Mackles does it again :P

Mackles, Mackles, Mackles .... he gets all the credit. Bah! (turning green with envy)
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • robba9robba9 Senior Member Posts: 859Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I didn't really like the S2 encyclopedia, but the it was good they had one and I really believe it will play a more important role in Rome 2.
    Peace can only be achieved through war, TOTAL WAR!!!:p

No purple-pijama-cowards will stop me, PARTHIA WILL DIE!:mad::mad:

European players looking for some multiplayer add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037250771/:o
  • robba9robba9 Senior Member Posts: 859Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    @Ranknfile: He gets a sticky post and you don't, HAHAHAHA:D:D:p
    Peace can only be achieved through war, TOTAL WAR!!!:p

No purple-pijama-cowards will stop me, PARTHIA WILL DIE!:mad::mad:

European players looking for some multiplayer add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037250771/:o
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Posts: 6,730Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    robba9 wrote: »
    @Ranknfile: He gets a sticky post and you don't, HAHAHAHA:D:D:p

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rub it in, rub it in
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • TruthTruth Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    ~Naberius~ wrote: »

We're discussing the encyclopedia, not the game. Yes, there wasn't faction or unit diversity, but there were interesting facts and history to read about each unit and faction in the encyclopedia.
    "Why don't they just leave it in Rome so they don't lose it?" - Barca, on the use of Roman eagles and standards
  • AtteroAttero Senior Member Iowa, U.S.Posts: 1,359Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Of course there will be.
    "When the strong have fallen...we must call in the weak...because now...they are the strong"
    Me..when...just now...at that one time...at that one place....upside down...
  • NelecNelec Senior Member Posts: 417Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I think this time it will be much more useful than Shogun II's. No need to look up the other faction variants of units because they were all practically the same.
    CPU- i5 3570k @ 3.8ghz
    GPU- GTX 670 OC 2gb
    RAM- 16gb Corsair Vengeance
    Mobo- Gigabyte Z77X-DH3
    PSU- Corsair Gaming Series GS800 800w

Steam - Kooboh
  • bbironbbiron Senior Member Posts: 218Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Without it, I'm sure we'd have countless threads begging for units lists or other info on formations, etc. Great resource, as many have said, for the unit and faction variety.
    I am not a certified War Elephant Trainer. But I think I could be, if I only had an elephant. And a war. And a certification in War Elephant Training.
  • The Indomitable GaulThe Indomitable Gaul Senior Member Posts: 702Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    They have confirmed a new and improved encyclopedia for Rome 2.
  • LoolPoopLoolPoop Senior Member Posts: 168Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Also if you look Lets play carthage you can see 6 difrent buttons on main menu and one of them looks like encyclopedia (Campaings, Battles, Options, Probably an encyclopedia, Back button? (probably for changing between Singleplayer and multiplayer menus) and quit button.)
  • heinzheinz Senior Member Posts: 447Registered Users
    edited August 2013