Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Art of Warfare [Recruiting]

EiferEifer Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 16
edited September 2013 in Total War Eras Multiplayer
[TAW] The Art of Warfare

images.jpg

Who we are:

The Art of Warfare (TAW) was formed in March of 2001 by members who were playing Delta Force: Land Warrior and they wanted to form something special. From these humble beginnings TAW has grown into a World Class Gaming Community. TAW currently has over 2300 gamers from around the world. These gamers have come together with a common vision of Honor, Friendship, Loyalty, and Fair Play. TAW continues to adapt itself to the ever-changing landscape of gaming; however TAW is steadfast with its Code of Ethics. This is our bedrock in a world of games and clans that come and go.

What we do:

Our Community are seeking mature players that want to play and also those that want to lead teams.

Our focus is on accountability, training, teamwork, and communication. We treat all gamers with respect and expect our members to uphold these ethics. We also never put gaming above real life with the team, so don’t worry, you’ll still have a job, family and soul even after joining.

Why should you join TAW now?

Because Rome II is a new game, it is being created in TAW's "New Game Division" called Vanguard. Vanguard is a place in TAW where new games are spun-up, teams are built, leadership is found and the bonds of organization are formed. Joining now will let you have an impact on how this new division/game will be shaped as it grows to join the other 24+ game divisions within TAW.

What are the requirements to join TAW?

- 15 years of age or older.
- Mature gamers who are interested in team-based play.
- Have a working microphone.
- Speak English
- Willing to commit to two matches per week (real life comes first, so occasional misses are OK).
- TAW accepts people from any country in any time-zone. Our 2300+ gamers hail from many regions and nations.

How do you join TAW's Total War: Rome II team?

Because Rome II is a new game, it is being created in TAW's "new game division" called Vanguard. To join TAW's team simply:
1. go to www.taw.net
2. click the big "JOIN TAW" button on the top right of the page.
3. follow the steps to create a new account.
4. select Total War: Rome II as the game you're applying for.
5. select the battalion from the drop-down that fits your time schedule the best. (NA, EU)
6. answer the questions.
7. after applying verify your email address and wait for your application to be approved.
8. after your application has been approved, you begin our on-boarding process.

*** Please add your steam ID so we can contact you easily***

*** IMPORTANT: If you do apply, check your e-mail regularly! Whatever e-mail address you register with is where we'll get in touch with you first! ***

Team Leader - Eifer
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stonespitter/
Email: [email protected]

EU Representative - Qvist
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/qvist262/

NA Representative - ionO
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ionorulz/
Post edited by Eifer on

Comments

• HellowenistiHellowenisti Member Registered Users Posts: 110
    edited August 2013
    For a second I were shocked and tought that this is TAOW* recruiting thread for R2. Then I read the thread second time and realised that you're a "new clan". Anyway cheers and best luck for the beggining in TW games. We'll meet on the battlefields.

*(TAOW = The Art of War maybe the most famous and successful clan in Rome Total War history. TAOW had/has(?) very high standards for players who they chooce for their clan and they always had only handful of players. I would guess that they never did open recruiting.)
  • EiferEifer Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    edited August 2013
    I was never really active in the MP area of Rome, so I am afraid I don't known them.

We on the other hand, do not aim to be a lean mean killing machine but rather a more casual team.

See you on the battlefield :)
  • Sir TwiG of ShrubberySir TwiG of Shrubbery Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2013
    For a second I were shocked and tought that this is TAOW* recruiting thread for R2. Then I read the thread second time and realised that you're a "new clan". Anyway cheers and best luck for the beggining in TW games. We'll meet on the battlefields.

*(TAOW = The Art of War maybe the most famous and successful clan in Rome Total War history. TAOW had/has(?) very high standards for players who they chooce for their clan and they always had only handful of players. I would guess that they never did open recruiting.)
    I think you forget how many clans have moved on from RTW since it was released, in the last few years they may have dominated although HoS can say the same. But to say they were the greatest in rtw history is a long stretch here's a link to all past tw tournaments http://rustw.ru/viewtopic.php?f=407&t=2341
    Sorry but I don't see them even getting in the finals of any cwc or Cwb
    RTK | TwiG
  • Thucydides!Thucydides! Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    I think you forget how many clans have moved on from RTW since it was released, in the last few years they may have dominated although HoS can say the same. But to say they were the greatest in rtw history is a long stretch here's a link to all past tw tournaments http://rustw.ru/viewtopic.php?f=407&t=2341
    Sorry but I don't see them even getting in the finals of any cwc or Cwb

Umm... yeah the thing is they were properly the best when i was on TAoW we had one of the best teams and players... at the time only good players who weren't on TAoW was paullus..
  • HellowenistiHellowenisti Member Registered Users Posts: 110
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for off-topic TAW.

To Sir TwiG - TAOW had many great victories even at their first year when they came to RTW fields (2007). You can even see it by yourself from those very same archives which you linked here. It's true that they did not dominate in 2005 or 2006 because their clan did not exist before 2007. However 2007 - 2013 is a very long time and I can say with my mind in ease that they were and still are one of the most famous and successful clan in RTW history. I've even no clue why on earth you had in your mind to come here to deny their success.

I don't even know why I'm here to defend them because I had nothing to do with TAoW. Actually I were in their "rival" clan in Hemishpere. But still what I can say is that I respected them years ago and I'm still considering them as one of the greatest clans in RTW history and maybe the best. (May I ask that which clan did you belong in RTW?)

I'm not going to link TAoWs achievements here because that's not my job. You can find them by yourself, if not then well then it's your problem. Anyway cheers and hopefully we'll see in the battlefields of Rome2. : )
  • Sir TwiG of ShrubberySir TwiG of Shrubbery Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 390
    edited August 2013
    Heh mate I'm not trying to put down taow my main point is they became strong when many had moved on from rtw on to BI or mtw2
    But then again I didn't play rtw mp back in the day my clan did (RTK)
    I guess what I'm saying is if a shogun 2 clan sprung up rite now and didn't move on to Rome 2 and dominated shogun 2 for 6 years could you really say they were the greatest clan in shogun 2 history when they didn't even exist in the most active years of the game

Just my opinion
    Sorry for high jacking this thread and gl with ur clan
    RTK | TwiG
  • EiferEifer Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    edited August 2013
    Gentlemen, I value a nice debate just as much as the rest. However, I'd prefer to keep this thread on the recruitment topic ;)
  • Formless NutFormless Nut Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys new pc gamer here I am building my computer now (fiquring out which parts to buy), I have already pre ordered rome 2 and will be playing it alot. looking for good people to play with and learn from.
  • QvistQvist Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    you are always welcome to join os if you are interesse in a clan
  • ionOionO Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    Lets get the applicants rolling in! TAW is an amazing place to build relationships with fellow gamers online. The community gives you the opportunity to play with the same clan on a multitude of games which is quite exciting.

If you are looking for a close knit community driven clan than this is the place for you!

Thanks guys.
  • ZeroCoolAZZeroCoolAZ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    TAW is a great place to meet new people, and make friends that are going to last for a long time. I recommend it greatly.
    edited September 2013
    Up for an amazing community!
    edited September 2013
    With the game launching tomorrow just want to let everyone know that recruiting is off to a great start for the TWII Division here in TAW. If you have any questions about TAW or our TWII Division within TAW feel free to email me @ [email protected] or contact me through steam @ master_of_orion.

Thanks and see you all on the battlefield!
  • ZeroCoolAZZeroCoolAZ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Now that the game is launched, I look forward to seeing more recruits, more friendships built, and more fun spread across the community of the Total War series!

Any questions? Please feel free to e-mail us, or add us on steam!
    My contact information:
    Steam - hofstefano
    email - [email protected]
  • HighwayForYouHighwayForYou Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    This sounds like a nice place to be a part of. i'm definitely applying right now!
    I'm Highway, The Great Dane, The Best Dane!
    i do regular Youtube videos, with a majority of it being strategy games!
    www.youtube.com/HighwayForYou
  • QvistQvist Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013