Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Next game available for GNU/Linux?

TeodosioTeodosio Senior MemberPosts: 127Registered Users
edited August 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Hello CA,
will the next Total War game be available for GNU/Linux?
Many companies are jumping on the boat these days, and besides the major effort put by Valve/Steam (they obviously want to leave Windows) we are getting other great games on GNU/Linux too, e.g. Europa Universalis 4 and the upcoming Tropico 5.
What about Total War?
Post edited by Teodosio on
SteamOS, here I come! Goodbye Windows! :D

Comments

• EndovellicusEndovellicus Senior Member Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if the performance of the game will be the same as on Windows systems. But I would like to see it. :)
  • drachenmauldrachenmaul Senior Member Posts: 275Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I don't think it is done by Valve/Steam, but rather by the individual developers to adress a bigger audience.
    Personally I don't care if it gets released on other platforms as long as the game quality doesn't suffer.
  • dragonlightdragonlight Senior Member Posts: 2,840Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    probably not.
    "Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear."

"Festina lente" (Make haste slowly)

My mini beast PC :

AMD FX 6120 6 core 3.5 Ghz
    10gb Ram
    EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC
  • TeodosioTeodosio Senior Member Posts: 127Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I don't think it is done by Valve/Steam, but rather by the individual developers to adress a bigger audience.
    Personally I don't care if it gets released on other platforms as long as the game quality doesn't suffer.

Valve (the company behind Steam) is pushing very hard to GNU/Linux. They have already converted all their main games (Half-life 2, Team Fortress 2. Dota 2, Left for Dead 2) and they are clearly trying to bring other developers with them.
    I don't know if the performance of the game will be the same as on Windows systems. But I would like to see it. :)
    Valve has been working a lot with Nvidia, AMD and Ubuntu. Performance for Valve games is better on GNU/Linux than on Windows! :D

Many other companies are jumping on the boat. Paradox Interactive has released EU4 and has committed to release all future games on GNU/Linux. I already own several great games running on Ubuntu, such as "Wargame: European Escalation", "Unity of Command", "FTL", "Trine 2", "The Book of Unwritten Tales".
    The upcoming games "Prison Architect" and "Planetary Annihilation" are already available on GNU/Linux as betas.

When is CA joining the rest? An official word would be good :D
  • Sublime PorteSublime Porte Member Posts: 65Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Not likely. The best is to get WINE to work well enough.
  • tigeracetigerace Banned Posts: 330Banned Users
    edited August 2013
    Just give it up wanna be "hackers", if you want to play games or use popular software get a windows partition, you end up using a windows virtual machine half of the time anyway hahahaha.
  • nomisumnomisum Senior Member Posts: 129Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I would like that. Games are one of the few things keeping me on Windows. I want the NSA to fiddle some time if they want sth and not to own the whole keychain.
    edited August 2013
    Starbound is coming out this year and it will be released on GNU/Linux too... come on CA, give us a sign ;)
    edited August 2013
    Today's news: "Metro Last Light" will be released on GNU/Linux later this year. Times are changing pretty fast... what is CA going to do for the next game? :D