Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Using Total War Gameplay Footage

Trish CATrish CA GuestPosts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Hiya guys,
I am sure that once ROME II releases, many people will be eager to produce their own content for an outlet (for example: YouTube).

Please note that there are certain guidelines that must be followed at all times when doing so.

Therefore, I have created a wiki page for those interested in using Total War gameplay footage to create their own content. I hope that it answers any questions anyone may have in the present and in the future.

You can find the wiki page here.

Cheers guys!

5 more days...

A link to a compendium of all official references on the forum to date is located here:
Compendium to permissions post
Post edited by Trish CA on

Comments

• RealWarfareRealWarfare Senior Member Posts: 2,036Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Sweet, thanks!
    The best is yet to come
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKPosts: 5,464Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Awesome fan support right there! I'm sure many youtubers, grizzled veterans and fresh-faced first-timers, will appreciate you clearing the air from the off. Cheers!
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • SpectorSpector Senior Member Posts: 767Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    The plot thickens. :cool:
    Playing Total War since the original Shogun
  • jpcqwjpcqw Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    edited August 2013
  • curvzcurvz Senior Member Posts: 102Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    SEGA have built up a bit of a reputation for removing videos from youtube recently actually, so its good to see that at least non-profit Rome 2 vids will be left alone.
    My specs:
    GA-Z87X-OC, 4770k (4.2GHz), NH-D14, G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz CL3 16GB, 840Pro 256,
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX, Corsair AX860, Xonar Essence ST, AKG Q701, Define XL R2
  • Palo KanPalo Kan Senior Member Posts: 422Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    perfect, will read through it now, as i planned on making Rome2-Youtube videos with a friend ^^
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/XpVersusVista/videos

my specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 Black 3,4GHz
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870, Lite retail, 1024MB
    6GB DDR3-RAM
    SSD 6Gb/s CORSAIR Force 3 Series, 120 GB (read 550MB/sec, Write 510MB/sec)

He who wants to protect everything, protects nothing ~ Adolf Galland

Only those who are able to sacrifice, will be able to lead with success ~ myself
  • greenmangreenman Senior Member Posts: 449Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Good luck moderating all the vids for suitable disclaimers ^^
  • markorplymarkorply Senior Member Posts: 733Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    I appreciate the support instead of just a complete block, kudos
    Add:markorply on steam if you like
    "There is no ignorance in those who can see beyond what they perceive and into what they have yet to learn in a positive and edifying way." -Hardwaremaster
  • Nelorix,the CaledonianNelorix,the Caledonian Senior Member Serbia,Jagodina/Finland,JyväskyläPosts: 2,163Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a lot for updating us with this !
    Reptilicus #1 Nomadic Warlord,multiple tournament winner and slayer of basement dwellers.

Team Lizardmen
    Team Slaanesh
    Team Beastmen

My Youtube channel,bringing you competitive multiplayer and campaign guides! :cool: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilicusJungleLair

Coming back on track with dem uploadz soon !
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,499Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Awww, that's nice. :)
    Don't worry.
  • ironman3112ironman3112 Senior Member Posts: 1,157Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    thanks for the information!
  • ROMANES EUNT DOMUSROMANES EUNT DOMUS Senior Member Posts: 412Registered Users
    edited August 2013
  • fms331fms331 Senior Member Posts: 263Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the info, I'll try and post videos.
    Like Me ?

Add meh on steam : G3M4Rz :D

This is why cats are evil...
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Posts: 5,227Moderators
    edited August 2013
    This has been a question for a while so it is good to see some official clarification on it. Thanks!
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
  • themanofsteelthemanofsteel Member Posts: 95Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    thanks
    only when it is too late do you decide that the second plan was better
  • HonoriusHonorius Senior Member Posts: 1,040Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    the whole point of uploading videos on youtube is to monetize them and get ad money. This is very disappointing and I may not upload any videos on my channel.
    edited August 2013
    Honorius wrote: »
    the whole point of uploading videos on youtube is to monetize them and get ad money. This is very disappointing and I may not upload any videos on my channel.

"Please note that if you do monetize your channel you will need to remove any Total War footage unless you have arranged a permission agreement with us. If you wish to do so please contact [email protected] and we will introduce you to our commercial licensing department at SEGA who can help provide this."

Read before posting.

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
    edited August 2013
    Is that why you have no views?
    "There is no ignorance in those who can see beyond what they perceive and into what they have yet to learn in a positive and edifying way." -Hardwaremaster
  • DaveTheBraveDaveTheBrave Senior Member Posts: 552Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the information!
    Remember, Google is always your best friend
  • SpectorSpector Senior Member Posts: 767Registered Users
    edited August 2013

Some people don't do it for the money.
    Playing Total War since the original Shogun
    edited August 2013
    Mackles wrote: »
    "Please note that if you do monetize your channel you will need to remove any Total War footage unless you have arranged a permission agreement with us. If you wish to do so please contact [email protected] and we will introduce you to our commercial licensing department at SEGA who can help provide this."

Read before posting.

they want money in return. please comprehend before posting.
    edited August 2013
    markorply wrote: »
    Is that why you have no views?

no. I dont have views because I do not market my channel. any other smart ass comments?
  • Hanno The ExplorerHanno The Explorer Senior Member Posts: 207Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Sweet, ty for the info Thrish
    edited August 2013
    no. I dont have views because I do not market my channel. any other smart ass comments?
    Yes actually,you do not have views because you only do videos to sell out..why do you deserve money for uploading videos of you playing a game?
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,179Registered Users
    edited August 2013

And that's a bad thing? About time SEGA did this. You're collecting money by using someone else's property.

They want their fair share. It's their game and their product.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
    edited August 2013

They own the rights to the game. If they wanted to they could simply have all your Rome II videos pulled down, then you would get no revenue. Unlike other companies that have done this, CA are giving you the opportunity to actually make money off their game and telling you exactly what to do to keep in line with the law. If they want a cut out of it then that is perfectly reasonable, considering they made the game.

• PrinceDragonheartPrinceDragonheart Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the info Trish :)

I'm looking forward to making my Rome 2 Let's Play video's next week :D
    YouTube 'Total War' Channel Below

https://www.youtube.com/user/DragonHeart1791
  • AnelikitalAnelikital Senior Member Posts: 214Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    Great move from CA i like it this way it make things simple and clear and we avoid getting into complicated or unpleasant situations, thank you CA.
  • karlthkarlth Member Posts: 76Registered Users
    edited August 2013
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    And that's a bad thing? About time SEGA did this. You're collecting money by using someone else's property.

They want their fair share. It's their game and their product.

Doesn't change the fact that it is highly unusual.
  • Trish CATrish CA Guest Posts: 635Unregistered / Not Logged In
    edited August 2013

Not really about money, it’s about correct permission from us that youtube will ask you for. This is how to get it. You’d have to do the same for posting any footage you don’t own the rights to from any company.