Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Round Table Knights Clan

RTKBossTycoOonRTKBossTycoOon Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 117
RTK is one of the oldest clans at 11 years old and is one of the most continually active clans in the Total War community. We are a collection of mature players who strive to show respect for the game, for the community and for its players. Many of us have been friends on and off the battlefield for years, and we have hosted clan reunions in both the US and the UK, drawing many of our players near and far. We have always valued new recruits and look for strong, active players, with the qualities of character that would allow them to carry on the tradition of RTK.

RTK has a long history of contribution to the Total War community. We strives to be an active, positive contributor to the community at large, and evidence of this is shown by the stewardship of many community tournaments by RTK admins: Adminship of CWC, CWB, Charity tournaments, Team tournaments, and flash tournament through The Holy Grail Wars (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/THGWs).

RTK has been committed to achieving excellence in tournament play for every edition of Total War. Along the way, we have racked up many tournament trophies, and many player and clan awards. This is a tradition we intend to continue.

In RL our members include various students and professionals, including two US army war veterans, a veteran of the Portuguese army, a physicist, a veteran of the Norwegian army, a Hollywood style guru, a couple professors, several students, Gareth Keenan, a couple transients (or soon to be), and Pete (who defies categories).

Current members are from all over the world, including Hungary, the U.S., the U.K., France, Norway, Poland, Lithuania, Canada, Spain, Denmark, and the Netherlands.

We ask all Pages, Squires, and Knights to follow the way of RTK, which is summarized below:

Honour .... Integrity .... Loyalty .... Respect .... Brotherhood.

Honour ~ as RTK, we have a deep sense of personal integrity coupled with respect for others.

Integrity ~ as RTK, we demonstrate uncompromising ethical conduct in all of our personal actions. We are honest and truthful in our dealings with each other, and with those outside the clan.

Loyalty ~ as RTK, we have faith in and place trust in ourselves, the clan, its Tenets, and in each other.

Respect ~ as RTK, we hold others in high regard, treating them with fairness, dignity, and compassion. We respect ourselves, we respect our clanmates whether they are peers, superiors, or subordinates, and we respect members of the TW community.

Brotherhood ~ as RTK, we are friends and comrades who share fellowship in a common bond ..... the values expressed here and in the "Tenets of the Round".

This is the way of the RTK, whether in-game, in our forums, or interacting with the TW community. Those who have these qualities progress within our ranks to eventually become Knights of the Round Table. Those who do not... we wish them good fortune as they journey elsewhere for what they are seeking to find.

At the moment RTK is invite only and we are NOT recruiting however I have made this thread so that I may change that at a moments notice sometime after the release of Rome 2.

If you have any questions please contact me through steam. My profile link is as such: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BossTycoOon/

Round Table Knights Forum: http://z4.invisionfree.com/Round_Table_Knights/index.php?

Round Table Knights Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rtktotalwar

The Holy Grail Wars Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/THGWs
Round Table Knights Emissary & Administrator of The Holy Grail Wars~
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BossTycoOon/

"Then I suggest to limit one squad of Sparta! All others will be peasants! ONLY HARDCORE" - ONL1FAN

"Rome 2 pitiful shadow '96 release one pixel" - ONL1FAN

"AI long stroke!" - ONL1FAN
Post edited by RTKBossTycoOon on

Comments

• HäxprocessHäxprocess Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 19
    edited August 2013
    Greetings, RTK!
    Looking forward to play with you folks.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.
    — Bertrand Russell
  • RTKBossTycoOonRTKBossTycoOon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2013
    Thank you sir! It would be our pleasure :)

"Then I suggest to limit one squad of Sparta! All others will be peasants! ONLY HARDCORE" - ONL1FAN

• AthelstanAthelstan Member Registered Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    If I may say so, an excellent post; thoughtful, informative and genuine. I respect that.

With players like these around, multiplayer becomes so much more attractive. I hope I come across one of you guys in my travels.
  • Arcani_HelikaonArcani_Helikaon Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited August 2013
    would just like to say, RTK is a fantastic clan, full of great guys, invite only yes, but if they ever do open their doors i recommend them to anyone. (and thats coming from me who is not and has never been in RTK so I am not bias).
    Helikaon Diplomat of Arcani
  • KronosKronos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 110
    edited August 2013
    I'd like to 2nd Heli's thoughts, if I weren't in Arcani, RTK is one of only 2 other clans I'd consider joining and have a great group of guys (+baz :p)
  • HaZE7HaZE7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 431
    edited September 2013
    RTK: A driving force of the total war community.

I look forward to great Rome Era skirmishing against the mighty Round Table Knights :D

Where do I get paid for the good review?
    edited September 2013
    Athelstan wrote: »
    If I may say so, an excellent post; thoughtful, informative and genuine. I respect that.

With players like these around, multiplayer becomes so much more attractive. I hope I come across one of you guys in my travels.
    Hey man you can just add a few of us if you want to play with us :)

@Heli,Kronos&Haze Thank you all for the very kind words :D It has always been a pleasure to speak and play with you guys (even infinitum ;). I know the great friendship between our two clans shall continue throughout Rome 2! And no Haze you don't ^^

• RTKMercuriusRTKMercurius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 156
    edited September 2013
    Aww... Thanks all. :o

Eh, Kron, you know there's only one other clan for you. ;)
  • alQamaralQamar Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,904
    edited September 2013
    Hail RTK! Please leave your official statement here
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/76675-Clans-of-Total-War-please-answer-me-one-question-honestly
    it is urgent!

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Hemisphere al Qamar
  • RTK AdelmoRTK Adelmo Member Registered Users Posts: 36
    edited September 2013
    In all honesty, I don't believe the poor design of the chat lobby has any impact on RTK. Sure it could be better, but other issues I would place as a priority.
    edited September 2013
    Hi thanks for your reply. But how do you communicate live with other clans then, organize games and tourneys?
    edited September 2013
    Steam, forums, voice chat
    edited September 2013
    alQamar wrote: »
    Hi thanks for your reply. But how do you communicate live with other clans then, organize games and tourneys?
    I would go to the large tournament groups such as BETA, HGW, TWCC, TWN etc to look for tournaments to join. As Adelmo said just adding other clan players on steam also.

edited September 2013
    this is odd, if you want to play with "anyone" from "any clans" not on your list and outside of tourneys.

I cannot understand why it is so unaddictive to support finishing a feature that is working 98% already. By the way 3% of all players (so proovingly only about 3500 individual players world wide!) have played Rome 2 multiplayer for more than 10 battles. This is ridicilous.

Somehow the US community really diverses from EU community in terms of TW, even this is an european made game in an european themeing. I am speechless we cannot act as a community again but let us seperate by CA into small controlable groups.
    The forums are full of fights!

game flawless vs game bad (atm)
    yes avatar out vs I refuse to play without avatar
    1v1 quickmatch players and tourneys vs old school TW clans teamplay / tourneys
    static steam groups vs live communication (aside teamspeak)

This is really the fate for this game. I am sorry I cannot convince you to get back to good old times mate.

Hail RTK anyway.
  • Sir TwiG of ShrubberySir TwiG of Shrubbery Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 390
    edited September 2013
    Chatting on steam and organizing games over steam isn't that different from doing it over a global chat lobby

Many of the clans know each other and arrange team games frequently I don't think there is a division in the mp community

It may be difficult to find if u don't know where to go but as boss and adelmo joining those steam groups and adding those ppl is a good start to finding clan team games and such
    RTK | TwiG
    edited September 2013
    you cannot endless add people to your list, as there is a limit, and it is really nasty to crawl groups instead of seeing live who is on right now.

The community is scattered. That's it.
  • Sir TwiG of ShrubberySir TwiG of Shrubbery Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 390
    edited September 2013
    Eh not really there's been weekly flash tourneys every weekend if you believe that just join beta and hgw steam groups
    RTK | TwiG
    edited September 2013
    alQamar wrote: »
    this is odd, if you want to play with "anyone" from "any clans" not on your list and outside of tourneys.

I cannot understand why it is so unaddictive to support finishing a feature that is working 98% already. By the way 3% of all players (so proovingly only about 3500 individual players world wide!) have played Rome 2 multiplayer for more than 10 battles. This is ridicilous.

Somehow the US community really diverses from EU community in terms of TW, even this is an european made game in an european themeing. I am speechless we cannot act as a community again but let us seperate by CA into small controlable groups.
    The forums are full of fights!

game flawless vs game bad (atm)
    yes avatar out vs I refuse to play without avatar
    1v1 quickmatch players and tourneys vs old school TW clans teamplay / tourneys
    static steam groups vs live communication (aside teamspeak)

This is really the fate for this game. I am sorry I cannot convince you to get back to good old times mate.

Hail RTK anyway.
    Grendel just said that there is no impact on RTK without an universal chat lobby... I'm not sure why you are acting as though we are sworn enemies of the concept of a universal chat lobby lol. If CA chose to implement one in the next patch I'm sure everyone in RTK would be happy with that decision.

edited September 2013
    fine than. But just signing the thread by the clans would be helpful to let them see there is a good portion that would like it.
  • VeritasVeritas Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 301
    edited September 2013
    Q'mar is just living in the days of R1... he misses the endless flame-wars and incessant chatter... good times. Round up the new R1 lot, I'm sure they'd support you in this. Otherwise you're just gonna have to get over it I think. :'(
    RTK | Yoshida
  • RTKMercuriusRTKMercurius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 156
    edited September 2013
    And yet, I doubt anyone in the clan wouldn't appreciate a global chat lobby if it were there and designed to be potentially ignorable. I see why CA doesn't want it, as what do you do with the neo-nazis, racists, and other forms of hate-spamming @$$&$$s of the community who cause them potential liability in various countries, I imagine. Other than that, I can't see a good reason why they wouldn't have a global chat. Chat ban tools seem easy enough.

But it would be good for the better parts of the community to have a global chat... makes it easier to get games organized, people can be told if their game is bugged and they need to rehost, and all other kinds of things that communication can be good for. I see what alQamar is saying.... we're not too fussed by it, but I understand.

Although, along with the good stuff, make sure you're prepared for some of the world's most annoying people to call it open mic night....
    edited September 2013
    Chat ban tools seem easy enough.
    That's it. And in Rome 2 as said the tools are even better than Rome 1. A relog will not unblock a player like in Rome 1.
    Q'mar is just living in the days of R1... he misses the endless flame-wars and incessant chatter...
    Seriously not :) I was often enough involved. mute is a valid button.
  • GwyndaneTWCCGwyndaneTWCC Banned Banned Users Posts: 30
    edited September 2013
    Flame wars or not, the community was a lot tighter.
    edited September 2013
    Flame wars or not, the community was a lot tighter.

Hi Gwyn. We moved that discussion to a more public place:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/98380-They-managed-to-get-the-multiplayer-community-apart
    Thanks for joining.
  • 24kAlchemist24kAlchemist Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    How does one apply for the RTK's
  • GwyndaneTWCCGwyndaneTWCC Banned Banned Users Posts: 30
    edited October 2013
    you must kidnap their women and trade them for a spot in the clan
  • 24kAlchemist24kAlchemist Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    sounds reasonable
    edited October 2013
    RTK has an invite only policy on recruitment at the moment, due to the high levels of activity within the clan.
    The best way to receive an invitation to apply to RTK, is to play lots of games with as many members as possible, if those members enjoy playing with that person, it would be a high level of probability they would get the desired invitation. There are no restrictions as to whether the player is new to the game, or a seasoned vet, so long as they have the commitment to be a long term Total War player, and willing to contribute to the goals of the clan. They must of course agree to follow the clan's tenets. :)
    The only other ruling being, that any applicant must be clanless at the time of application.

Chin chin
    Grendy
  • Marshal SuchetMarshal Suchet Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    edited December 2013
    *bump*

If you are interested in signing up, now would be a good time as we're considering accepting some new recruits in to the clan.

Officially recruitment is still closed, but if you demonstrate an interest and are prepared to train with our members you will get first preference for selection as squires when recruitment opens again.

We will only consider mature players who have a passion for the series and a genuine desire to contribute to the clan.
    RedStag
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,694
    edited December 2013
    There are like only four of you still playing the game! I want Shogun 2 days back, when I played with RTK guys almost on a daily basis. Never had that much fun on a TW game before, and I miss it :( Boss, Braver, Merc, and others all lost to the wind