Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Localization issue - No Italian audio for troops?

Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior MemberPalermo, ItalyPosts: 1,619Registered Users
edited September 2013 in Total War Eras Support
The game is advertised by Steam as fully localized in Italian.

z22y.png

Many players report troops speaking in English on the Italian forums at www.totalwargamesitalia.it
We'd like to know if Rome 2's audio is really fully localized in Italian. May we have an official statement by CA about this issue?
Thanks.
Admin of Total War Games Italia Youtube channel
TWGI clan
Steam Profile
My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
Post edited by Sirius 21 on

Comments

• RickyRossRickyRoss Member MilanPosts: 70Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    i've the same problem, with italian language.
  • gia90gia90 Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    same problem
  • FedozzoFedozzo Senior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Same problem here. No italian localization for troops while the game is sold as full italian localized.

Wait for an official statement about this problem.
  • PCMasterPCMaster Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have the same problem. :rolleyes:
  • NarakuNaraku Senior Member Posts: 178Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to know this as well, I loved the Italian dub for the original RTW.
  • pierluigipecoralepierluigipecorale Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    It 'an insult to hear Roman legionaries, I say Romans in English just with rome you had to do this? I say ROME, ROME! Not london or berlin or another city barbarians

Sorry my bad english
  • Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior Member Palermo, ItalyPosts: 1,619Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I think the Italian customers who paid 50 to 125 euros for this game, reading on Steam "Italian - full audio", deserve an official reply. If Sega sell this game as full Italian we expect it to have really full Italian audio. This is not a honest policy by Sega and I think Italian players might even start some kind of class action.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
    edited September 2013
    Sirius 21 wrote: »
    I think the Italian customers who paid 50 to 125 euros for this game, reading on Steam "Italian - full audio", deserve an official reply. If Sega sell this game as full Italian we expect it to have really full Italian audio. This is not a honest policy by Sega and I think Italian players might even start some kind of class action.

I just watched a German campaign video on YT and the game is fully localized in German, troops speak German and so does the announcer. If that's the case, I assume our version should probably be in Italian, but something might have gone wrong with Steam, must be some sort of bug.
  • PCMasterPCMaster Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The section on the relevant page of languages ​​steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/214950/) has been changed, of course only now.
  • TraianoTraiano Senior Member Posts: 239Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have the same problem, I don't understand why steam advertised full italian localization while actually it's not that way.
  • RaynysRaynys Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Same problem, i want full italian audio, now!
    edited September 2013
    It 'an insult to hear Roman legionaries, I say Romans in English just with rome you had to do this? I say ROME, ROME! Not london or berlin or another city barbarians
    The point is not that Romans speak English, the point is that Sega sells the product telling us "full Italian audio"! That's outrageous.

Now I see that someone changed the information on Steam! They removed the "full audio" advertising from the Italian page. Ha! Trying to prevent lawsuits? That's really outrageous.
    goot.png
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    edited September 2013
    So they outright lied about localization and their attempt at doing damage control is removing the tick sign from "full audio"?
    edited September 2013
    That's ridiculous. We bought the game when it used to read "full audio". And we have pictures of that. Editing the page on Steam won't give you better chances in case of a class action, Sega.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
  • Bart_CABart_CA Creative Assembly Horsham, UKPosts: 350Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    Hello there,

we're very sorry that you have purchased ROME II under the understanding it had Italian VO in game.

It's listing showing that on the Steam page was a mistake, and as you can see it has been corrected.

Apologies again, I am looking into this for you.

Bart CA
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited September 2013
    THIS IS RIDICOLOUS!

You dare do that to ITALIAN customers on a ROME game! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

You can't say now, when thousands of copies are sold, that there wasa mistake. this is a FRAUD!
    And I assure that will be LEGAL IMPLICATIONS about this.
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Hello there,

we're very sorry that you have purchased ROME II under the understanding it had Italian VO in game.

It's listing showing that on the Steam page was a mistake, and as you can see it has been corrected.

Bart CA
    I appreciate your reply, but I don't believe that page on Steam was a mistake. I don't know much about laws in the UK, but if a company sells a product saying it's round and red it must be exactly round and red in Italy because, for Italian law, when the company describes a product that description is part of the virtual contract signed by the customer when he buys the product. I hope you get my point and sorry but I don't know how to say some legal words in English.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Hello there,

Bart CA
    And by the way, descriptions on the game box report it as a full italian game. Is that a mistake too?
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
  • AltarisAltaris Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I'm really disappointed by the ca, i'm not interested in excuses now (I appreciate them but not enough), but only what we have been promised
  • JokerisJokeris Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    it's embarassing
  • BruceCampbellBruceCampbell Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This is the last time I preorder a game from you. This is a ****, really a ****.
  • LeonardXXIIILeonardXXIII Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    here's what I on the cover of my game: (look the photo)
    IMG-20130903-WA0002.jpg

Why are the audio is in English and not Italian if you have written completely in Italian? D: : Mad:
    edited September 2013
    In ANY phisical copy of the game in Italy is written "Completamente in italiano" that means " COMPLETELY IN ITALIAN".

So, if you really don't have dubbed the full game and any voice, any preorder and any phisical copy sold is a FRAUD FOR ITALIAND AND EUROPEAN LAW AND A CLASS ACTION WILL BE DONE AIDED BY ITALIAN CUSTOMER DEFENSE ORGANIZATIONS.
  • neltolneltol Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    class action is what they deserve and what they will have. Shame!
  • MagnumRuctoMagnumRucto Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have no words to describe my feeling right now ....
    We have a pre-paid game with doble language when it was written "full italian".
    This is NOT CORRECT ! It's a shame.

Hope you'll find a solution as soon as possible.
  • Legio XIIILegio XIII Senior Member Posts: 235Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I'm frustrated too and here in a post started by me i've also received some insults, everithing of this is great, at this point i really hope for a patch with full Ita audio or if you start a class action count me in, i'm also inside the TS of the community Strategy Games Italia, you can contact me there, my nick is Simon1279

Raynis il bello è che lo hanno cambiato dopo mezzogiorno e cioè dopo 3 ore dalla release ufficiale
    Mortvi solvm finem belli vidervnt
    (just the dead have seen the end of war)
    Plato
    I found Rome a city of bricks, i return it made of marble
    Emp. Avgvstvs

ONE OF THE OLD GUARD TOTAL WAR BOYS , FAN SINCE 2001, I LOVE HISTORY BASED TW GAMES.
  • MungaHMungaH Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Still can't believe they removed Italian audio localizaton for the first time after more than 10 years from the first RTW release.
    What's the problem ? sudden lack of founds ?

If the retail box says "completely in italian", the game we play MUST be in italian.
    We are talking about Sega, not a random indipendent publisher.

Apart from your excuses, we want to know WHY this happened, and HOW you will solve this problem.
    I guess we all agree that "sorry" is not enough
    edited September 2013
    MungaH wrote: »
    Still can't believe they removed Italian audio localizaton for the first time after more than 10 years from the first RTW release.
    What's the problem ? sudden lack of founds ?

If the retail box says "completely in italian", the game we play MUST be in italian.
    We are talking about Sega, not a random indipendent publisher.

Apart from your excuses, we want to know WHY this happened, and HOW you will solve this problem.
    I guess we all agree that "sorry" is not enough

yes this will be a step forward instead of apologies
    Plato
    Emp. Avgvstvs

ONE OF THE OLD GUARD TOTAL WAR BOYS , FAN SINCE 2001, I LOVE HISTORY BASED TW GAMES.
    edited September 2013
    If I get it correctly, it is called "False advertising" in English.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    edited September 2013
    ITA: per favore postate in inglese o non ci considerano

ENG: please guys post in english or we will be ignored

CA/SEGA, please this is a serious matter not an issue any answer will be appreciated, and needed, considering what happened here, this is not an issue, in italy for italian laws this is a crime and it is a serious matter much more important than a simple issue

we're waiting for serious, complete and clarifying answer as soon as you can, for our country's law this is a crime and a serious matter, please give us some official words, we don't need apologies and words like to this is an issue sorry for that, we're in legal/crime terrain right now so please tell us if you intend for to make a complete audio text localisation such as was advertised on steam before today 2,00 PM and written on boxed versions, and as you've done with french and german versions, or tell us if you don't want to do it, what exactely you intend to do.
    If you read the mattacchioneweb entire post in page 3 there is the crime explanation about our law system, in italian you need to translate it
    We have the evidences of everything
    thanks in advance
    Plato
    Emp. Avgvstvs

This discussion has been closed.