Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Clans of Total War please answer me one question honestly

alQamaralQamar BannedBanned Users Posts: 1,904
How do you think that the listed clans here, most of you from Rome 1
www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?611861-Total-War-Rome-II-Multiplayer-Clan-List

can organize immediate games, tourneys, call other clan players to join games, build up relations to new players, new clans or existing one with an empty chat?

Please tell me that honestly. Are there excuses to a dead lobby?
ye7.png

ggjp.png
Post edited by alQamar on

Comments

• spectrespectre Member Registered Users Posts: 58
    edited September 2013
    Hi there...
    The game is not even 1 day out and you want the chat channels to be flood out with players?

And the game hasn't been released in all the countries yet. So, please, be patient. Complain about that next month.
  • alQamaralQamar Banned Banned Users Posts: 1,904
    edited September 2013
    no no no you misunderstood me. I am not talking about channels. I am talking about that you cannot see ANY people in the main lobby because it is still bugged, since Napoleon, and in respect of this there is no chat. Please be fair and compare the screenshots.

Rooms are there but the PUBLIC CHAT is not showing online players nor chat.

Can you please tell me why I have to wait if there are currently over 50 players online on the left. Thanks.
  • rissoxxrissoxx Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    They really need to fix this chat! We have been asking for them to fix the chat for so long! I play only MP and I want a proper chat to work! In rome1 it worked perfectly, why cant you guys make it work now? I actually paid alot of money for this game!
  • MoussoliniMoussolini Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    I haven't bought rome2 yet, but I will probs this week, and if the chat lobby is not working, then I think it's shameful from the developers side to not have fixed that bug before the release of the game. Pretty sure most people looked forward to playing online right when the game came out.
  • dark as silverdark as silver Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,510
    edited September 2013
    Isn't most of the rome 1 chat is between people who know each other and want to talk to each other?
    When we can just use steam chat the lobby becomes a lot less useful.
  • IdioManiacIdioManiac Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 330
    edited September 2013
    Moussolini wrote: »
    I haven't bought rome2 yet, but I will probs this week, and if the chat lobby is not working, then I think it's shameful from the developers side to not have fixed that bug before the release of the game. Pretty sure most people looked forward to playing online right when the game came out.
    watc my review b4 you do. I talk about a lot of the things any clan player would be interested in.
    Me
    [-DF-] Skritshell: Hey whats up?
    [-DF-] Chaos: about to start a tourney game
    [-DF-] Skritshell: cool guy any good?
    [-DF-] Chaos: Should win 2-0
    [-DF-] Skritshell: and?
    [-DF-] Chaos: lost 2-0
    [-DF-] Skritshell: ahhh
    [-DF-] Skritshell: well done
    [-DF-] Chaos: ty
  • SoulflySoulfly Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 310
    edited October 2013
    Always prefered the old lobbys :D Ahhh the good old days
    Celtic Alliance Clan

http://celticalliance.com/
  • bushrangerbushranger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 598
    edited October 2013
    Yes with steam-youtube-forums and many years in the community i could orginise a torny or clan battle without much trouble.global chat means nothing move on with the times dude.
  • El_Nacho_GrandeEl_Nacho_Grande Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 117
    edited October 2013
    easy, with steam. lot of groups and when you get interested to do something more active you join one. there you will find a lot of people to play against and also joining a clan in the first place makes you meet better people.
    "I am in shape..... round is a shape" - Peter Griffin
  • HellowenistiHellowenisti Member Registered Users Posts: 110
    edited October 2013
    Before the game was published I only had one, one wish for Rome2 and it were working global chat lobby. I feel so sorry that without global chat R2 will propably "die" in terms of multiplayer in next 2-5 years, even if they get the game working properly. With working chat lobby clan players will keep the game alive by keeping touch eachother easily and by helping new players to get in to the game.
  • GoTW KubeeGoTW Kubee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 153
    edited October 2013
    A working global chat lobby akin to the one we had in the original RTW would be awesome. They'd probably need to make ~5 separate rooms because of the large influx of players in the first 6 months and all the clan players would gradually gravitate towards one of the rooms and stay there (there were 3 rooms in RTW, but 90% of people and 100% of clan players hung out in the 'friendly' room). I agree that it isn't the most pressing issue that needs to be addressed atm but no one can deny that this would be a great feature and greatly expand the game's MP longevity.
    Admin on Total War Hub, the new home of the Rome: Total War Multiplayer community.
  • FantaPandaFantaPanda Member Registered Users Posts: 58
    edited October 2013
    Just look at Empire dude, probably good example. Very few people remaining and they can't even find each other. People who think forums and steam gonna connect those few remaining people are dreaming. Forums are dead in terms of connecting international players. That's where Rome 2 is heading toward if there is no global chat in the next 1-2 years which is when a new title release
  • LexorLexor Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 19
    edited October 2013
    Miss all the chat, the spam, the bragging. Was a great tool to connect with people, to expand a clan and to find the proper guys for a match quick.

RTW2 offers no organized gameplay and no social aspect (mingling) for most players, except for the few TW-diehards already connected with each other via Steam

It´s easy to criticize, but how is it possible to create a game with such elaborated graphic design / epic scope and not thinking of a normal working chat lobby?