Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit voices in english, but everything else dubbed to Spanish?

Danny-DynamitaDanny-Dynamita Senior MemberPosts: 420Registered Users
edited September 2013 in Total War Eras Support
I don't know if this is actually a bug, but in the Spanish version all the units speak english, but the advisors and the dialogues (the Benchmark, the cutscenes of the Prologue...) are in Spanish. The game is "half-dubbed"?

Just asking. If someone from CA can answer this, it will be very much appreciated.
Post edited by Danny-Dynamita on

Comments

• RomarockyRomarocky Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have the same problem with the italian copy of the game.
    After nine years of waiting from Rome Total War, I booked Rome 2 Total War with great enthusiasm.
    I bought the physical copy of the game. On the case it says "completamente in italiano" but in the game the sentences of the troops are in English. This thing besides being a crime of fraud, it is very disappointing especially for all fans of Italian and Spanish (for Spanish customers there is the same problem). For the trust that the fans have for the Creative Assembly, we expect a patch as soon as possible to resolve the unfortunate situation.
  • Legio XIIILegio XIII Senior Member Posts: 235Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys welcome aboard, i'm italian, just read the same post about Italian, in audio troubleshooting http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/76627-Localization-issue-No-Italian-audio-for-troops and you'll discover a nice surprise, they said until yesterday at 14,25, it was full italian, spanish, english, german, french, but yesterday after 14,25 (5 hours after release) they've changed in steam the localization specs, nomore full italian, nomore full spanish, and also in italian boxed version (and maybe in yours too) there's written "compltetamente in italiano" which means totally localizated in Italian, and maybe in your boxed version there's written on "completamente en español", but it isn't, if they don't add full italian localization we're going for a class action, if you want to join the cause, you're welcome, us southern european, we're always pi--ed off by the others EU countries, that's the sad truth
    Mortvi solvm finem belli vidervnt
    (just the dead have seen the end of war)
    Plato
    I found Rome a city of bricks, i return it made of marble
    Emp. Avgvstvs

ONE OF THE OLD GUARD TOTAL WAR BOYS , FAN SINCE 2001, I LOVE HISTORY BASED TW GAMES.
  • Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior Member Palermo, ItalyPosts: 1,619Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Welcome in the club, Danny-Dynamita http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/76627-Localization-issue-No-Italian-audio-for-troops
    The game has been advertised as totally localized in Italian and Spanish but we are in front of a clear case of false advertising.
    Admin of Total War Games Italia Youtube channel
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
  • aressaress Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    SONO INDIGNATO, e lo scrivo in ITALIANO, è una FRODE

per gli amici anglofoni: for English-speaking friends, I am outraged, it's a FRAUD
  • EndovellicusEndovellicus Senior Member Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have not received the game yet but this is very disappointing. From the first Rome, all TW games have been translated and this is what appeared on the description of the game (and on the box, like you have told) before I bought it.

Spanish and Italian are even closer to the "real" language of the Romans (latin). Playing in English... is not the same for me.
    Legio XIII wrote: »
    and you'll discover a nice surprise, they said until yesterday at 14,25, it was full italian, spanish, english, german, french, but yesterday after 14,25 (5 hours after release) they've changed in steam the localization specs, nomore full italian, nomore full spanish

But is this a decission from CA or from Steam?

I mean, for those who buy the physical game, is it translated or not? ;)EDIT: I've seen now the post of Romarocky, so it seems it is not translated either...

And will we have translated voices later or it is going to be this way?
    edited September 2013
    I have not received the game yet but this is very disappointing. From the first Rome, all TW games have been translated and this is what appeared on the description of the game (and on the box, like you have told) before I bought it.

Spanish and Italian are even closer to the "real" language of the Romans (latin). Playing in English... is not the same for me.

But is this a decission from CA or from Steam?

I mean, for those who buy the physical game, is it translated or not? ;)EDIT: I've seen now the post of Romarocky, so it seems it is not translated either...

And will we have translated voices later or it is going to be this way?

boxed copies aren't related to steam but to SEGA, and it's not a decision it's a last minute particularity, i had a confirmation from a friend of mine this morning, he lives near madrid and in spanish boxed version also there's written on, at the back "completamente en español"

estos cojones
    usted no puede hablar español aquí

or they'll be censoring also this thread

No one knows if we will have full translated version in the future, but i'm not optimistic, considering how southern europeans are considered by northern barbarians
    Plato
    Emp. Avgvstvs

ONE OF THE OLD GUARD TOTAL WAR BOYS , FAN SINCE 2001, I LOVE HISTORY BASED TW GAMES.
    edited September 2013
    in spanish boxed version also there's written on, at the back "completamente en español"

Yes, I am sure of this. :) You only have to go to the Amazon page of the game and they show this image (I've drawn an arrow):

portada_rome.jpg

I don't know why they do this. They have always translated the games. :( Maybe it is too expensive to translate it into different languages but then... why do they translate it into French and German? Spanish is spoken by more than 466 million people (German and French less than 120 million).

Personally, I don't have any problem understanding english, but I prefer to have the game translated into my own language and I see you too!!

Besides, this is what we have bought as you can see on the boxes. :p
    No one knows if we will have full translated version in the future, but i'm not optimistic, considering how southern europeans are considered by northern barbarians

Unluckily you're right, friend. But in their favor I have to say that CA has always treated us well, I don't know why they have decided to do this now.

It would be nice to read an official statement about all of this.
    edited September 2013
    why do they translate it into French and German? Spanish is spoken by more than 466 million people (German and French less than 120 million).

That's a good point, spanish is the second language spoken in the world, ehm but we have spaghetti mafia and mandolino :D

French and German because they rule in europe
    Plato
    Emp. Avgvstvs

edited September 2013
    That's a good point, spanish is the second world language, ehm but we have spaghetti mafia and mandolino :D

haha :)

I just say that because there are some companies that realease their games only in one language (english), because it is cheaper or they say that it is convenient to the realism of the game. For example, what happens with Grand Theft Auto (and I agree).

But in a game based on Roman period, english language has the same sense as any other, since any of them were spoken by that age.

So, the only excuse they could have is the cost of the translations. But then I say, why the game is translated into those two languages? ;)
    edited September 2013
    They decided not to dub all of the dialogs for Spain and Italy because Shogun 2's sales were low in our countries. It's a precise decision by Sega, who didn't want to spend money for our markets. It's obvious, in my opinion. It would be no problem for me if they didn't advertised the game as totally translated. That is a fraud.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
    edited September 2013
    Sirius 21 wrote: »
    They decided not to dub all of the dialogs for Spain and Italy because Shogun 2's sales were low in our countries. It's a precise decision by Sega, who didn't want to spend money for our markets. It's obvious, in my opinion.

Well, it is understandable that people from Spain and Italy prefer a game placed in Europe than in Japan. ;) But now it is Rome again so... does it mean that if they sell a lot of copies here they will do the translations? Because I think they have sold a lot.
    It would be no problem for me if they didn't advertised the game as totally translated. That is a fraud.

Exactly.
    edited September 2013
    They decided not to dub all of the dialogs for Spain and Italy because Shogun 2's sales were low in our countries. It's a precise decision by Sega, who didn't want to spend money for our markets. It's obvious, in my opinion. It would be no problem for me if they didn't advertised the game as totally translated. That is a fraud.

Very smart to pretend italians and spanishes to buy a game about samurais, so do you think it is better to ask a refund, i prefeir to don't even see this game on my library at the actual state, i already have rome 1 and i have to say the campaign it's even better, does this means we will never see the total translation?

EDIT: for the spanish total localisation: does sega knows that Spain, all of the central american and southern american countries are speaking spanish?

does sega knows that all of that nooooo topics born on the notice of the release of shogun2, means i'll don't buy that cra....p, that just the tw fans bought it, and does sega asked to activision that rome 1 was one of the strategy games most sold in italy (i don't know about Spain)
    It's obvious, in my opinion. It would be no problem for me if they didn't advertised the game as totally translated. That is a fraud.

i've never bought it if i knew this, i've checked severl times during preorder if it was totally in italian, and then i bought it the 7th of july sadly
    Plato
    Emp. Avgvstvs

edited September 2013
    so do you think it is better to ask a refund

It would be a pity for me. I've been following the game all these months and I am still very excited about it. I really want to play it. EDIT: in fact, I bought a new PC just for the game :(.

But it is a shame that they do this to us (the fans) right now. Maybe they could have told it a few months ago. (Now I understand why they didn't realease a demo this time)

And like you all have been saying here and in the Italian thread, they advertised the game as "completely in Spanish/Italian". We should receive a compensation. I hope it is the translation, but maybe free dlcs (or whatever), like someone said on the other thread, could do the trick for a while.
    EDIT: for the spanish total localisation: does sega knows that Spain, all of the central american and southern american countries are speaking spanish?

And also the Northern countries: Mexico and the USA. :)
  • Vitone83Vitone83 Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This is not to have problems with the English language, now known by millions of people around the world, this is misleading advertising that's the point! I feel cheated, is unacceptable behavior!
    They can not treat customers so badly! We should punish them with a calss action
    edited September 2013
    Vitone83 wrote: »
    This is not to have problems with the English language, now known by millions of people around the world

I agree with you, I think most of us are able to understand english, that is not a problem. :) But as costumers we're just asking about what we have paid for.

Most of us have played previous TW games and they have been always translated. So, now, if we see "completely in...", we all suppose that this is how the game is going to be. Nobody of us would have though on a possible misunderstanding, they cannot just say it is a mistake when writing the cover (or the steam description).

I have bought the game and I think I will spent a lot of hours with it for sure. But sadly this feel (that they have cheated us) is the kind of things that encourage people from not buying games.

I only hope this is all a misunderstanding, and we can enjoy the game properly in a few days/months. :)

Greetings from Spain.
  • NarakuNaraku Senior Member Posts: 178Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    We need an update about this situation from CA or SEGA.
    edited September 2013
    Naraku wrote: »
    We need an update about this situation from CA or SEGA.

if the are serious companies they never did this for sure, and if they did like they have done, we already got answers in the timeline of today, they are not and then you already have your answer, the game is as it is and end of the story, that's all, if they don't answer in truth they're answering you, such as do not disturb we've sold the game you've bought it, we will patch to fix bugs and sellin DLCs in the future, full translation? if they wanted to they alredy included it, and/ or they gave us thir answer wich is the one in the italian dubb topic, sorry for the issue we've fixed it, open steam and see, and that's all, they do not need to answer anyother thing
    Plato
    Emp. Avgvstvs

• BelfastBelfast Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Omg my legionaries talk in english! WTF in the back of my box put "completamente en castellano" ¬¬
    I hope they will release a update soon with the missing spanish and italian voices, for this and the poor optimization of the game I am very disappointed :(
  • AwVincentAwVincent Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The class action will arrive soon........
    Vincent (ID Steam)
    edited September 2013
    Belfast wrote: »
    Omg my legionaries talk in english! WTF in the back of my box put "completamente en castellano" ¬¬
    I hope they will release a update soon with the missing spanish and italian voices, for this and the poor optimization of the game I am very disappointed :(

believe me we understand you Hispanic brothers
    Plato
    Emp. Avgvstvs

edited September 2013
    believe me we understand you Hispanic brothers

We have to keep united!!
    edited September 2013
    :o together, united !!!!
    Vincent (ID Steam)
  • NinehighlanderNinehighlander Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    together brothers !!!
  • Drugotulo90Drugotulo90 Member Posts: 30Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Really absurd. Can't paly this game till the langueage will be fixed. I really can't understand why Creative Assembly could forgot to do it. Please fix it as soon as possible or Italian and Spanish consumers will do a class action, for fraud and false advertising. greetings from ROME, ITALY WHERE YOUR GAME IS SETTED.
    WHAT A SHAME....
  • DraculaDracula Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    On the box there is written "completamente in italiano" "completely in italian" but the troops speak english, well, that is a FRAUD, i hope it will be fixed once for all with a patch, for italian costumers with full italian language and also for spanish costumers with full spanish language.
    Thank you.
  • Dark DevilDark Devil Member Posts: 85Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    CA, you must fix the voices. We want them in our languages.
    FULL Spanish, please.
    I am disappointed with Creative Assembly.
    edited September 2013
    CA ! tell us something !
    Vincent (ID Steam)
  • Danny-DynamitaDanny-Dynamita Senior Member Posts: 420Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Hello,

just to mention that I haven't forgotten and this is something I am still looking into.

Thanks,

Bart CA

They already answered.
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to inform the Spanish players, CA and SEGA that some guys from the Italian community are seriously considering the idea of a class action for false advertising. Some are in touch with Italian consumer associations and are gathering informations in order to decide if there is a valid point from a legal point of view.
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
  • FedozzoFedozzo Senior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    They already answered.

That means nothing.

We want to know if they are going to DUB ALL THE GAME OR NOT.
This discussion has been closed.