Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Fixed the problem of the Stuck at the Sega logo.(well explained)

BarenBaren Junior MemberPosts: 22Registered Users
edited September 2013 in Total War Eras Support Forum
This does not ensure that it will work to you, But done to me.

*** CA note: we suggest that you make a copy of your saved parties before proceeding.
To do so, copy the entire “save_games” folder (C:\Users\Administrador\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games) in a safe location. Thank you ***

In mi case was:

1-
C:\Users\Administrador\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2 (AppData it's hidden)

If you don't find the folder of "AppData"

just search the Folder "Rome" with Ctrl +F will appear Rome2.

Delete the folder Rome2 completly

2-

When we erase that folder we go to.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\redist

And we execute and repair(it will appear the option don't worry):

vcredist_x86-90.exe
vcredist_x86-100-sp1.exe
vcredist_x86-80-sp1.exe

And it's done!

Hope you all fix it.

NEW ADD!!

Aparently there is more than 1 way to fix the problem.I personally recomend to use this fix , only in the case that the first way (firt part of the post) does not work, because can low the maximun
performance of Rome 2.

What are we going to do: Just Disable Directx 11.

1-
We look again for the folder Rome2.(I will use my pc as example.)

C:\Users\Administrador\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2

If it does not appear. Open "C:/" and press Ctrl + F to search for the folder.
Remember, look for Rome2 , not "Total war Rome II" (that folder it's were you save all the game files.)

2-
Inside the folder Rome 2 , we look for this other folder. "Scripts".

C:\Users\Administrador\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts.

3-
Inside that folder, there is a file (the only one) with the name of: preferences.script.txt

Open it.

4-
Seach at the line 18, were puts:

gfx_enable_directx11 true; # gfx_enable_directx11 <bool>, Enable DirectX 11 rendering #

Change the name of "true" to "false"

Example

gfx_enable_directx11 false; # gfx_enable_directx11 <bool>, Enable DirectX 11 rendering #

Save the file and close it and it's done!

Can be a little bit difficult for a people that does not understand of this(like me) but pacience.

I hope this way helps you all , and if you got a doubts, post it or send a private mesage if I can help I will do it very happy.

Enjoy the game as I do!
Post edited by Baren on

Comments

• BardibusBardibus Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This worked for me!

I'm going to disable SLI now as it isn't properly supported but thank you it loaded instantly this time!
  • UFLYANDYUFLYANDY Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    i think i messed up man , i erased the files and i cant repair. Anyway to fix that ?
  • nathan50poundnathan50pound Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Steam, then right click on ROME 2, then VERIFY CACHE, i think that restores them, not 100% sure though!
  • Mr_HydeMr_Hyde Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Verified... This works. If your having issues locking up on the Rome 2 splash screen. Try this.

-Thanks for posting this, I was actually on my way to posting the fix up as well.
  • BarenBaren Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    UFLYANDY wrote: »
    i think i messed up man , i erased the files and i cant repair. Anyway to fix that ?

Remember to erase Rome2 . WARNING: don't erase RomeII
  • HadryelHadryel Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Works...Thanks!
  • UFLYANDYUFLYANDY Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Dude you are the man , we need you to make this fancy and get an admins to highlight it I was at it for 8 hours from calling amd to Asus erasing and updating drivers thinking it was that. I learned more
    About pcs and how to read dx test lol. That being said it fixed my problem and you are the man we need to spreaD the world because CA is backed up and it's up to the community go fix it thanks once again brother !'
  • Griffinator CAGriffinator CA Creative Assembly Posts: 506CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    I would like to personally thank you for your help on this.

Thank you

Griff
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • ThatdudeThatdude Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    this might sound stupid (probably is) but where do you find the folder rome. I search it and cant find anything
  • Tyrannical TylerTyrannical Tyler Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I don't want to sound like a dirty, stinking hippy. But I seriously love you guys for helping me fix this. Thank you guys so very much.
  • JamesJJamesJ Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
  • GrickenGricken Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I found a folder called "Cradle of Rome 2" Is that it?
  • ThatdudeThatdude Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Can someone please help me this is driving me crazy!!!!!!!
  • AstraeusAstraeus Member BrittonisPosts: 134Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Same issue here. Worked fine for many hrs yesterday. Been playing just, however the launcher has now lost its 'announcements,' they are all blank, and game will not launch.

For CA info, I was playing historical battle, T Forest, paused game for doorbell, it wouldn't unpause or quit to windows, so I quit Steam. That caused this lock-up for me.

Did post's roaming fix. Verify cache. It downloaded an 11.8MB file/s.

The total war website pages are back on the launcher. The "continue campaign" button is not there any more. Steam friends is. Launch button does not launch game.

Is there a way to bypass the launcher/launcher altogether please? (via steam launch options perhaps?)
  • EisenhartEisenhart Senior Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Steam, then right click on ROME 2, then VERIFY CACHE, i think that restores them, not 100% sure though!

I tried that and it didn't work. On the hand what OP suggested worked like a charm. Thank you! Do you know what causes this problem exactly?

WARNING! Before deleting Rome2 folder, go to C:\Users\[insert your username here]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games and copy your save files to another location. Once, you have completed the repair, copy them back to the folder. If you don't do this, you'll lose all you campaign progress.
    I came, I saw, I took a capture point.
  • PatrickJSPatrickJS Member Posts: 30Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    no 'execute and repair' message popped up as was promised.
  • EisenhartEisenhart Senior Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    PatrickJS wrote: »
    no 'execute and repair' message popped up as was promised.

It does that with vcredist_x86-80-sp1.exe file. Just ignore that. Launch it, it will do some loading but that will be it. Just carry on launching the other two files after that.
    I came, I saw, I took a capture point.
  • AstraeusAstraeus Member BrittonisPosts: 134Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    With nothing better to do i've tried this again.

No difference except the "continue campaign" button has reappeared in addition to "play" and "friends" but still it does not launch the game...
  • mlshaxmlshax Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you so much!!!
  • DrastiCDrastiC Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    CTRL+F and search The Creative Assembly.
    I found but i still have same problem with crash.
  • HunterRTRHunterRTR Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Meant to comment on this last night as I saw it right after the OP posted it. It WORKED!!! Thank you so much Baren, you are a genius. But this makes CA and SEGA look really bad. Pretty sad one of your customers on a forum had to solve one of your bugs for you within 48 hours after launch. SMH.
    edited September 2013
    HunterRTR wrote: »
    Meant to comment on this last night as I saw it right after the OP posted it. It WORKED!!! Thank you so much Baren, you are a genius. But this makes CA and SEGA look really bad. Pretty sad one of your customers on a forum had to solve one of your bugs for you within 48 hours after launch. SMH.

You are very wellcome , but i did nothing dude! there already were post with the fix , but were confusing and I just said... Lets explain fot the people that don't have a lot of idea of how this works... (like me).

And that is the only thing that I have done , but thank you! and I am Super happy that I helped the people and this post could be for help. (sorry for my english. I am spanish)
    edited September 2013
    DrastiC wrote: »
    CTRL+F and search The Creative Assembly.
    I found but i still have same problem with crash.

It get stuck at the sega logo when you run it?
  • cheeteurcheeteur Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I was hoping to play this on my bday, but this fix didn't work for me. I still get stuck on the Sega logo. I guess i'll just do something else.
    edited September 2013
    cheeteur wrote: »
    I was hoping to play this on my bday, but this fix didn't work for me. I still get stuck on the Sega logo. I guess i'll just do something else.

Have you completly erase the folder Rome2?
  • AlmightyBashAlmightyBash Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Worked For me , although i lost my saved games, thank you very much hopefully those who are having the same problem can get help from here. Great Work
  • TarmarovTarmarov Senior Member Posts: 125Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I cannot find This Rome2 folder to delete... help please nothing is working...
  • WalbebWalbeb Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Well it worked, then the game crashed after a hour of playing and this fix won't work anymore. I'll just be patient and wait for the offical fix. I'm not too sure what they did to get the game to stop working for people when it was working for everyone (myself included) yesterday.

Not a good start for one of the more anticipated titles this year.
  • cheeteurcheeteur Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hello Baren, I tried it again but this time I also ran the DXsetup and that seems to have fixed the issue, thank you!
  • walrusmongererwalrusmongerer Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I've had the same problem. I played for a while came back and it would get stuck on a screen with the a red backdrop Rome Total War II in bold in the middle with the SEGA logo below. I tried this fix but it isnt working. I delete the Rome2 folder completely run and repair the three things and then when i click play the Rome2 folder reappears and the game still doesnt work. help plz
This discussion has been closed.