Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why the Hell?

GeorgemanGeorgeman MemberPosts: 87Registered Users
edited February 2011 in The Graveyard
Why was my siggy banned?? It had no ****, no Swearing, No offensive material whatsoever, so why?
Post edited by Georgeman on

Comments

• CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Have you Pmed a moderator about it?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • GeorgemanGeorgeman Member Posts: 87Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Don't know who they are :(
    edited February 2011
    I wander how long my sig lasts? Perhaps a evil worm is infesting the internet deleting my sigs and accounts ;)
  • vaptinvaptin Senior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Reposting your sig when it was banned is asking for trouble, quick change it before dalien gest here! If your lucky shireknight will see it first.

Guess its you advertising your blog, which seems quite political.

Anyway, please remove it, its things like this that mean we don't get a generally nicer forum, as it takes up loads of the mods time, they might even ask for sigs to be removed (for everyone).
    edited February 2011
    vaptin wrote: »
    Reposting your sig when it was banned is asking for trouble, quick change it before dalien gest here! If your lucky shireknight will see it first.

Guess its you advertising your blog, which seems quite political.

Anyway, please remove it, its things like this that mean we don't get a generally nicer forum, as it takes up loads of the mods time, they might even ask for sigs to be removed (for everyone).

I have seen people with links to there sites, so why am I not allowed?
  • Millst0neMillst0ne Senior Member Posts: 148Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    dalien is frooty sometimes. He sent me a warning cuz i passed the swear filter and said P.O.O.F. How was i supposed to know it means h.o.mo in British slang? Im a newfie (from newfoundland) for crying out loud (rolls eyes)
    Bunny for shogun:cool:
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
  • williamcarter1993williamcarter1993 Senior Member Posts: 636Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    I think certain people (moderators, and the folks from CA staff who are on here) are the only folks allowed to advertise their website. Regular forum people cannot. That's why they banned it probably. You should move it
    Yea verily, as I gallop through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no human, for I am the hungriest carnivore in all the land
    edited February 2011
    read my post.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
  • williamcarter1993williamcarter1993 Senior Member Posts: 636Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    He sent me a warning cuz i passed the swear filter and said P.O.O.F
    It happened to me too. I used a different word.
    Holy cow I didn't know that either. I can learn all kinds of words by reading the forums.
    Yea verily, as I gallop through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no human, for I am the hungriest carnivore in all the land
    edited February 2011
    like circumstances. See what it bleeps out? I didnt know that was a word. Little kids could find bad words by goin on this site.

I bet the filter finds a bad word it this: bahjkdvbkavbkabdvkbvkbvksbjkbka.lfjkdajkb.ajkd;bhn. Freudian\f /fjdhu;absf panjandrum, kmdf

EDIT- HOLY COW, NO BAD WORDS LOL!
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
  • Ancient_RuffianAncient_Ruffian Senior Member Posts: 2,748Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Testing .... circumstances, su****ious, s****ed...

It would appear that work is being done on the swear filter. Progress at last.
    OSWALD: This ancient ruffian, sir, whose life I have spared at suit of his gray beard,--

KENT: Thou whoreson zed! thou unnecessary letter! My lord, if you will give me leave, I will tread this unbolted villain into mortar, and daub the wall of a jakes with him. Spare my gray beard, you wagtail?
    - King Lear, Act II Sc. ii

The entity previously known as The Weaver.
    edited February 2011
    Oh, i didn't know you had a website in it, you are not allowed to advertise your websites, or make political statements. Although whats considered political can change from person to person..one might not be aware than an otherwise accepted issue is a hotly debated issue in another country. I have no idea what your blog says, but it could be one of the two reasons, or a combo of the two.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
    edited February 2011
    Clover wrote: »
    Oh, i didn't know you had a website in it, you are not allowed to advertise your websites, or make political statements. Although whats considered political can change from person to person..one might not be aware than an otherwise accepted issue is a hotly debated issue in another country. I have no idea what your blog says, but it could be one of the two reasons, or a combo of the two.

I think there is nothing wrong, as long as the website is not CAs Competition. Have a look for yourself.
  • vaptinvaptin Senior Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Georgeman wrote: »
    I think there is nothing wrong, as long as the website is not CAs Competition. Have a look for yourself.

Pm a mod, don't ask us lowly peasants.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,054Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited February 2011
    If you really want to find out who the moderators are there is a button at the top of the main forums page called "Quick Links". One of the links is called "View Forum Leaders" and lists all the SEGA and CA Staff, who use the forums, as well as the moderators.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited February 2011
    Here's your problem: http://forums.totalwar.com/announcement.php?f=30
    6. ... Please do not try to use these boards to openly promote your own site.
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Posts: 5,227Moderators
    edited February 2011
    For starters, your sig links to your blog which is highly political. Overt political statements and promoting your own site is not allowed. Sig removed again. Please do not post a link to your blog here again.

Thank you.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
    edited February 2011
    It is just a link, I am not openly promoting it, just there if you want to see it?
    edited February 2011
    Posting it is promoting it, even in a sig.
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
    edited February 2011
    mmurray821 wrote: »
    For starters, your sig links to your blog which is highly political. Overt political statements and promoting your own site is not allowed. Sig removed again. Please do not post a link to your blog here again.

Thank you.

You say it is against the rules to promote sites on this forum, but whats in your sig?
    edited February 2011
    mmurray821 wrote: »
    Posting it is promoting it, even in a sig.

Still staying as my homepage.
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,876Registered Users, Moderators
    edited February 2011
    You say it is against the rules to promote sites on this forum, but whats in your sig?

It's the forum rules and regulations. Something you should read before posting ...anything ...like this.
    edited February 2011

It is the terms and conditions of the site which is OFFICIAL. Read rule number 9 please.
    edited February 2011

Thats not true, i've seen a mod (Ace i think) take down someone's You tube link just a week ago.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    edited February 2011
    Looks like a refresher is in order:

Violation of the sig and other sites as mentioned by the lovely Clover:

3. You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful. You will not use this board to express your religious or political views.

8. Membership is at the discretion of the forum owners and can be revoked accordingly. If you follow these rules most of the time you will become a respected member of this community.

9. All actions taken by moderators are final and are not an invitation to begin a debate. If a thread is closed, moved or deleted it was because it violated one of the forum rules.

13. Images are allowed on this board if they are screen shots from the game. On occasion we do permit other images as long as you own the copyright to them, such as the poster who took pictures of the trebuchet he built in his garden. But generally we prefer for you to not use images as they slow the boards down.

~Closed
  • Ace_BlazerAce_Blazer Senior Member Toronto, CanadaPosts: 5,918Registered Users
    edited February 2011
    Clover wrote: »
    Thats not true, i've seen a mod (Ace i think) take down someone's You tube link just a week ago.

Links are allowed but generally discouraged. Linking to a place you run be it a blog, forum, or even a YouTube video account, will be taken down as advertising.

As said before, the links in the moderator sigs link to help sections and the ToC of the forum.
    My Rome 2 PC: Intel i5-4670, nVidia 760GTX, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, NZXT Vulcan mATX case
    Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions.
    Buttons the Kitten needs your help. Click here to save a kitten today.
This discussion has been closed.