Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

First Total War: ROME II Update this Friday

Trish CATrish CA GuestUnregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 635
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Hiya guys,

At Creative Assembly we are very pleased with the response to ROME II, with hundreds of thousands of players enjoying the game so far; but we do know that, as with all large PC releases, the variety of hardware and general system specifications can cause issues for some people and we are urgently working to help get them the right experience.

As announced last month, we are also planning to tweak the balancing, AI routines and other features now that we’re getting real-time metric feedback from thousands of players.

The result is that the first update to the game will drop this Friday, with the intention to update the game on a weekly basis in the immediate future.

Full patch notes will be available on Friday, but the update will address known instances of crashes due to hardware conflicts alongside several other performance fixes.

In addition, anyone experiencing graphical issues including low resolution textures, should check our support forums at www.totalwar.com/rome2support which contain suggestions for settings which will improve visuals in almost all cases.

There are also a variety of other fixes suggested in our support forum, please head there to find out more or report your own problem directly to the CA team who will assist you.

Thanks!
Post edited by Trish CA on

Comments

• Maximus ThraxMaximus Thrax Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,946
    edited September 2013
    Will this patch improve the perfomance on 9800 GTX's? or is it just high cards
    Don't go Ad Hominem
  • King_RichardKing_Richard Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 161
    edited September 2013
    I knew people were panicking for no reason, thanks Trish!
    Dell Inspiron 7577
    CPU: i7 7700HQ
    GPU: GTX 1060 6Gb (w/ Max Q)
    RAM: 16Gb at 2400Mhz
  • SheperdSheperd Member Registered Users Posts: 77
    edited September 2013

No reason? There are a lot of things wrong with the game that a quick patch won' fix
  • LegatusSchmidtLegatusSchmidt Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited September 2013

They are panicking because they paid 55€/60$ for a broken product, so there is a reason :D
  • FennoFenno Member Registered Users Posts: 84
    edited September 2013
    Oh noes:(
    Steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198096468036/
    Etruscans need to be playable!!:mad::mad:
    European players add me
  • aggranothaggranoth Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 18
    edited September 2013
    I'm hoping they work abit on the multiplayer campaign turn lengths! but great news!
  • El MatadorEl Matador Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 153
    edited September 2013
    Is there a patch on the horizon to fix the broken game play? This game feels like it's in beta. We need an AI patch, a balancing patch, a missing feature/content patch.

Coming from a guy who can play the game perfectly well, if you're one of the people who can't, you're unfortunately not missing out on much.
    My Review
    ~*~
    >>2%<<
  • svehlic25svehlic25 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,174
    edited September 2013
    good to hear patches should be available every week. I am a tad dissapointed with the release of a not-so finished game, which in turn took away from my general feel for the game.

Its a great game, and with updates and patches it could be fantastic. Just need to tweek a few things. As of right now I am dissapointed, but I will sit back and give CA the benefit of the doubt with these patches...we shall see.

The ball is in their court. If they cant fix the big issues by mid october or so, thats just embarrasing.

cheers and good luck.
    MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon Z87 Socket 1150
    CPU: Intel i5 4670K at 4.4ghz OC
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition
    COOLING: Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W ATX Power Supply
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,673
    edited September 2013
    Thank you, Trish, you guys are awesome. :)
    Don't worry.
  • Sniper31Sniper31 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited September 2013
    Wow, I have had nothing but great experience so far with this game. Granted, I have a high end PC that I personally built, but its a two year old system and I can run TW Rome II on Extreme graphics settings without any problems. The game does not slow down for me at all. Also, great support from the TW team. I see the game as a huge success!
    MSI P67A MB, i2600k o/c 4.7 Ghz, 8 gb Patriot DDR3 1600 mhz RAM, Two EVGA GTX 670 GPU's in SLI, Coolermaster HAF 932 case, Ultra X3 1000w PSU, 28" LCD Monitor, Corsair H100i CPU Water cooler
    edited September 2013
    1.Complete UI revamp patch
    2.Performance Patch
    3.Balancing Patch
    4.AI Patch
    I can go on lmao...someone should get fired at CA because this is a complete joke. Already returned my game and got a refund. Not trusting CA on this one. I might rebuy it once the game is fixed but I'm not counting on it.
  • CloverClover Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,964
    edited September 2013
    Hot fixes? Oh..I'm getting flashbacks of Empire. I hope it goes better..

Thanks for the update.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • wildmugatowildmugato Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 474
    edited September 2013

lol..I would not say "panicking". It was more like ZOMBIE rage to the CA headquarters cause my 1994 pc is not working with your game comments/threads. :rolleyes:

Its all about patience. As they say, "ROME 2 was not built in a day" Good news. :o

Clover wrote: »
    Hot fixes? Oh..I'm getting flashbacks of Empire. I hope it goes better..

Thanks for the update.

I was yesterday.lol
    ========================================== The Wild Mugato ==========================================

TOTAL WAR: Three Kingdoms / Thrones of Britannia / Warhammer 1 & 2 / Attila /
    Rome 1 & 2 / Rome - Alexander / Empire / Napoleon / Shogun 1 & 2 / Medieval 1 & 2 / Medieval Barbarians /
    All games listed have all DLC's & Packs that were offered /

====================================================================================
  • TornadiumTornadium Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 318
    edited September 2013
    I'd really rather you focused entirely on fixing the issues with the gameplay. Specifically

- Static Pila Fire
    - Phalanx Issue
    - Combat Speed
    - Buggy BAI
    - Magic Abilities that have no place in a TW Game
    - Cut Content (Faction Selection Screen/Carthage Battle)
    - Auto right click run breaking formations
    - Unit balance

No point in you fixing the optimization to play a game that is fundamentally broken.
  • Titus AntoniusTitus Antonius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 273
    edited September 2013
    This is why once I saw that the core game was fun the plethora of other problems with the game didn't bother me so much. CA seems dedicated to its fans despite the rushed release.... and just like the pr side of their company was very involved in the community, now that the game is out its developments turn. They are going to wipe the turds off of this gem in time!
    The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.

-Marcus Aurelius

System Specifications
    MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth Z87 ATX LGA1150
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 3GB
    CPU: Intel core i7-4770k 3.5ghz Quad-core Processor
    RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB DDR3-2400 mhz
  • VenjinVenjin Member Registered Users Posts: 52
    edited September 2013
    Trish how could CA release the game like this? The battle system is a complete and utter mess. CA have taken the Strategy out of RTS. The battles are nothing more than a messy blob of units running at each other with no formation whatsoever and destroying one another in seconds. Like seriously release the mod tools and let the community fix this game. The game has so much potential but is almost unplayable as the battles are a complete waste.
  • BloodSpillerBloodSpiller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 542
    edited September 2013
    where the Eygptian archer charoit? my only problem is this one. NO archer charoit at all in the game.
  • DunlorDunlor Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 559
    edited September 2013
    reposting this again, since its needet

so the game is completly unplayable for ATLEAST 3 days, well, then its time CA makes a offical statement where they admit the game is broken/unplayable, that we can print out, and take back to the retailer to get refunds, despite the key being activated

Thanks
    edited September 2013
    wildmugato wrote: »
    lol..I would not say "panicking". It was more like ZOMBIE rage to the CA headquarters cause my 1994 pc is not working with your game comments/threads. :rolleyes:

Its all about patience. As they say, "ROME 2 was not built in a day" Good news. :o

So naive :D I think you're expecting too much from this patch. It will still be a **** game
  • greenmangreenman Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 449
    edited September 2013
    I've shelved the game for now, hope patches make it worthwhile in the future.
  • VenjinVenjin Member Registered Users Posts: 52
    edited September 2013
    Tornadium wrote: »
    I'd really rather you focused entirely on fixing the issues with the gameplay. Specifically

- Static Pila Fire
    - Phalanx Issue
    - Combat Speed
    - Buggy BAI
    - Magic Abilities that have no place in a TW Game
    - Cut Content (Faction Selection Screen/Carthage Battle)
    - Auto right click run breaking formations
    - Unit balance

No point in you fixing the optimization to play a game that is fundamentally broken.

This in a nutshell.
    edited September 2013
    As we've been saying, an optimization patch is NOT what this game needs.

It needs a complete overhaul of the battle system.
  • blazehenrysonblazehenryson Member Registered Users Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    Updates once a week is AWESOME! Sounds like they have a huge list of bugs they gotta work out if they plan on weekly updates. But still weekly is pretty dang amazing, however I do wonder how QA handles that. So do they already have several patchs getting ready for release and QA is like a few weeks ahead of the game.....food for thought.
    Alienware Aurora R7: Intel i7 8700k - NVIDIA 1080Ti - 16GB Ram DDR4 2666 MHz - 256GB NVMe & 2TB 7200RPM - Killer Wireless 1535 - 850PSU Liquid Cooled with Alienware 34" Curved Monitor AW3418DW (3440x1440) 120Hz GSync
    edited September 2013
    Optimization is EXACTLY what this game needs, it should be the number 1 priority, and no focuse on ANYTHING else, till its fixed

i don't care that the sandals are the wrong color, i wanna be able to play the actuall game
    edited September 2013
    Dunlor wrote: »
    Optimization is EXACTLY what this game needs, it should be the number 1 priority, and no focuse on ANYTHING else, till its fixed

i don't care that the sandals are the wrong color, i wanna be able to play the actuall game

You want to play a game that has so many horrible gameplay problems?

Really?
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    edited September 2013
    Finaly, I almost ruined my pc trying to find a way to make it work!! Now AMD support the game to!!!!
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
    edited September 2013
    You want to play a game that has so many horrible gameplay problems?

Really?

You want to pay for a car, and then wait for a year to to drive it, because everything on the car needet day 1 workshop repair?

Really?
    edited September 2013
    Dunlor wrote: »
    You want to pay for a car, and then wait for a year to to drive it, because everything on the car needet day 1 workshop repair?

Really?

That analogy doesn't really work, it's more like me wanting to wait for the car to be fixed so its not a deathtrap before I get that new paintjob it needs.
    edited September 2013
    That analogy doesn't really work, it's more like me wanting to wait for the car to be fixed so its not a deathtrap before I get that new paintjob it needs.

it works fine, and i find it very sad that people are whining about the wrong colors of shields, and whatnot, and demanding it takes precedence over people who can't even run the game, very sad
  • z07c06w93z07c06w93 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    Have always had faith in ya CA. Thank you!! Loving this game.