Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Rome 2 Full Manual

redamo27redamo27 Senior MemberPosts: 322Registered Users
edited November 2013 in Total War: ROME II
So the retail players manual that games with with the discs mentions that there is a folder on disc 1 called "manuals" which should have the full manual for Rome 2, but when i open up disc 1 in windows there is no "manuals folder", is this a mistake on CA part? Where can i get a full manual?
On Hannibal "No captain ever marched to and fro among so many armies of troops superior to his own numbers and material as fearlessly and skillfully as he. No man ever held his own so long or so ably against such odds." Theodore Ayrault Dodge
Post edited by redamo27 on

Comments

• sukant0106sukant0106 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Facing the same issue cant find manual in disc 1 where to get this????
  • GMAK99GMAK99 Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I got the game from steam and there is no manual. Which is a must in this game.
  • XclusiveitalianXclusiveitalian Member Posts: 35Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have a retail copy and the manual isn't anything to impress about, some controls, copyright blah blah nothing of interest.
  • hedonisthedonist Member Posts: 65Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Manual is useless, just common how to install and that's it. I was looking forward for some story, chars, or even terms for the game but nothing lol.
  • Russ555Russ555 Senior Member Posts: 260Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Use the in game encyclopedia it has much more information than a manual ever could.
  • Ramesses II The GreatRamesses II The Great Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Dear dudes and dudettes, the Manuel is found by:

1) put game in window mode.
    2) right clicking on whatever it is you need information on.
    3) The Manual opens in another window with a full tech tree of whatever it is you are looking for.

You're welcome.
  • Russ555Russ555 Senior Member Posts: 260Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Dear dudes and dudettes, the Manuel is found by:

1) put game in window mode.
    2) right clicking on whatever it is you need information on.
    3) The Manual opens in another window with a full tech tree of whatever it is you are looking for.

You're welcome.

That is the in game encyclopedia and it doesn't require windowed mode...
  • Bart CABart CA Creative Assembly Horsham, UKPosts: 334Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    redamo27 wrote: »
    So the retail players manual that games with with the discs mentions that there is a folder on disc 1 called "manuals" which should have the full manual for Rome 2, but when i open up disc 1 in windows there is no "manuals folder", is this a mistake on CA part? Where can i get a full manual?

Hello redamo27,

Apologies, this is badly worded as it is intended to refer to the encyclopaedia 'in-game' rather than 'on-disc' - you can access this by hitting 'F1' or right mouse clicking on most interface elements like the unit cards.

Thanks,

Bart CA
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • redamo27redamo27 Senior Member Posts: 322Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Hello redamo27,

Apologies, this is badly worded as it is intended to refer to the encyclopaedia 'in-game' rather than 'on-disc' - you can access this by hitting 'F1' or right mouse clicking on most interface elements like the unit cards.

Thanks,

Bart CA

Ok no problem. Thanks for the responses everyone.
    On Hannibal "No captain ever marched to and fro among so many armies of troops superior to his own numbers and material as fearlessly and skillfully as he. No man ever held his own so long or so ably against such odds." Theodore Ayrault Dodge
  • DogOfWarDogOfWar Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited September 2013
  • Optio82Optio82 Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Manual doesnt answer questions I have and have had to mostly guess on my own... like:

1) Dust/dirt in the city
    a: Construction?
    2) Green confetti like stuff floating in the city
    a:?
    3) Raiding coins floating around the unit
    a: coins they are "raiding" but where is clearly shown the amount they are "raiding" (answer I think is you minus 2500 from the base and the difference is the "raiding" gain? So like 50 gold a turn with 2 different units raiding? that's it ?)
    4) Hammer floating over city
    a: means I can build something there
    5) People dying like every 4 turns
    a: stupid--my spy gains like 3 abilities and then croaks? where am I hiring them from--the old age home?
    6) Small black and white helmet means a Veteran is there?
    a: yeah figured it out
    7) The unit banner on the campaign map gets frayed when units within that army/fleet are at low health?
    a: I think so
    edited September 2013
    8) Yellow and white feathers?? floating around the unit in the city?
    a: not sure
    edited September 2013
    .bump

Or how about any discernable matrix to show that you Enslaving the captured means anything...are you getting to close to having to many slaves? Is there an economic bump up from taking more? If I have a Slave Trader built does it make a difference? What gold am I getting for taking them as slaves? Or should I just kill them all?
  • skullman86skullman86 Senior Member Posts: 208Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    @ Optio82

1. Yes, unless it's green -- in which case, I'm pretty sure that is plague.

2. Provincial edict. It's a bonus applied to every city withing a province and each edict has a different color (you have to own all the regions in the province before you can issue an edict). This might be applicable to question 8 as well or maybe a unit level up...I would need to see a screenshot of it to be sure.

I believe slaves are good for income, but you will take a hit in public order if you have too many. One of the settlement windows shows slave levels and the amount of public order you get from it. Too many slaves should lower public order to the point where the icon will be red, though I haven't had enough slaves to see it happen yet. The icon also shows the positive/negative score associated with it, so I imagine there is a way to manually calculate everything on the settlement tab if you wanted to.
  • dragonlightdragonlight Senior Member Posts: 2,840Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The manual is in game !
    "Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear."

"Festina lente" (Make haste slowly)

My mini beast PC :

AMD FX 6120 6 core 3.5 Ghz
    10gb Ram
    EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Skullman86

Indeed you are correct - the Edicts were causing the white and yellow feathers or whatever it was to float above the cities in that province
  • feralferal Banned Posts: 38Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    lazy cheap assed *******s

couldn't even manage a decent manual

i'm getting angrier by the second
  • RyusaiRyusai Senior Member Posts: 127Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The mod already answered this. The rest stop crying -.-
    Processor : i7-377 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
    Memory : 16384mB
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Video : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Titanium 4038mB memory

Keyboard : Logitech G19 gaming
    Mouse : Razor Lachesis gaming edition
    edited September 2013
    Green and white feathers floating above the city is for the Bread and Games Edict I think now
    edited September 2013
    Yes there is a manual - whoopy-do, it doesn't answer 75% of the questions I have...
  • RavenXRavenX Senior Member Posts: 156Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    DogOfWar wrote: »

Indeed that's the actual manual. It was "supposed" to be included on Disk 1 as a PDF in a "Manual" folder but someone didn't put it on the Disk.

A Shamefur Dispray, indeed.
    edited September 2013
    Another question... are there no veterans to add to Fleets? So we cannot train fleets to improve?
  • XoralisXoralis Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Ssssooooooo likely hood of getting a PDF version of the encyclopedia so I don't have to be in game to
    read it? As in I have an option to read the manual on the bus to work or when I should be paying
    attention in class perhaps?
    Wouldn't mind a non in game version..just saying.....
  • familyman80familyman80 Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    how I put game in window mode??
  • ImNotCrazyImNotCrazy Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    Xoralis wrote: »
    Ssssooooooo likely hood of getting a PDF version of the encyclopedia so I don't have to be in game to
    read it? As in I have an option to read the manual on the bus to work or when I should be paying
    attention in class perhaps?
    Wouldn't mind a non in game version..just saying.....

The best thing I can find is this online encyclopedia.... http://dsi0fanyw80ls.cloudfront.net/en/home