Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Champion effects/skills

MrMTMrMT Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 17
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
There are a couple of things I don't understand about Champions/skills.

- when training an army, does that consume the champion forever?
- in skills like, for example, the 'wardancer' skill what does "accompaying general" mean?
- also, in skills, what does "this action" mean?
- what does "local province" mean in skills?

Thanks!
Post edited by MrMT on

Comments

• FreedomteaFreedomtea Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 26
    edited September 2013
    In Shogun II you could attach units to an army increasing its morale, so on and so forth.

It's a continuation of that, but in RTW2 you can only have one (Champion, Druid thing or Spy/scout) with the army.

No it doesn't consume it and you can remove it whenever you like.
    I have a champion with all her points on training, with my army.

This action: You gain an action, like the ability to bribe on the campaign map
    This province: The area the character is in, e.g. Britannia
    Accompanying general: If its like +8% movement speed, you get the bonus for the army the champion is attached to, or accompanying.
  • YurtleYurtle Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 154
    edited September 2013
    I've been searching around but I can't seem to find any good information on choosing which skills lead on to being able to pick others. Does anyone have any links or proper knowledge of them?

For my Champion I'd quite like to get the Militancy skill (extra boost to training armies) but I can't for the life of me work out which skill I need to choose prior to unlock it. It says it's a zeal skill, but the way it branches after the first zeal choice is very confusing.

It frustrates me to no end that CA have this branching skill tree system in place for generals and agents but then don't tell you the pre-requisites (Not even in the wiki) for obtaining the "higher" skills.
  • bors0047bors0047 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    Did you figure this out Yurtle? I have the same desire and my guy is level 6. Generals don't get any new traits after the 5th level so I figured the same would be for the rest of the characters, too. No such luck figuring it out on my end.
  • Jerk113Jerk113 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    HOW do you detach a champion training an army? I select the agent, try to move him, and the WHOLE army goes there! I'm sure there is a way but it is not immediately clear. Why do I have to go to forums repeatedly to find basic game functions?
  • Siven80Siven80 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 484
    edited September 2013
    Agents and Generals skill tree is hidden away in the encyclopedia.

They should have kept it how it was in Shogun and kept the Skill tree in the characters details tab and you put your points into it there.

Why they changed it i have no idea. Its now much harder to plan you characters build.