Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Boosting the game for low graphic cards (geforce products only)

ringwraithsringwraiths MemberPosts: 55Registered Users
edited September 2013 in Total War Eras Support Forum
Hey guys, a tip to improve your graphic card preformance (if you have a NVIDIA or other Geforce product).

I have a NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT (wich is a low graphic card but within the min. specs for Rome II).

After setting my 3D options in the NVIDIA configurations menu to "preformance" instaid of "quality" i could play Rome II but with serious low frames per second.

Now i installed the program "Geforce experience" downloaded the latest update possible for my graphics card and from this point on i can play the game smooth on low settings :)

I recommend all NVIDIA users to do the same.
Post edited by ringwraiths on

Comments

• ryox82ryox82 Senior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have the 9800M GTS and have the latest beta and drivers installed. I actually got it to a point where I got 30 fps with graphics worse than Rome 1...but as soon as I go to play the actual game it is back to the stuttering.
  • uk500uk500 Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have a NVIDIA Geforce 9500 GT 1GB, I know its a bad card, however I was able to run shogun 2 on medium with decent frame rate.
    That was with mods too. I was also able to play a 40v40 battle without lag. The thing that really helped me, was turning of shadows.
    Really boosted my fps. I was expecting to be able to run at least low on Rome 2. However I get around 3-10 fps in battles.
  • DhauneDhaune Senior Member Posts: 129Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys, a tip to improve your graphic card preformance (if you have a NVIDIA or other Geforce product).

I have a NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT (wich is a low graphic card but within the min. specs for Rome II).

After setting my 3D options in the NVIDIA configurations menu to "preformance" instaid of "quality" i could play Rome II but with serious low frames per second.

Now i installed the program "Geforce experience" downloaded the latest update possible for my graphics card and from this point on i can play the game smooth on low settings :)

I recommend all NVIDIA users to do the same.

I have a 9600 GT, and the geforce experience wont even work.
  • GokhanOzcanerGokhanOzcaner Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    9800GT user here. try to turn off threaded optimization in nvidia control panel. improves performance.
  • ryox82ryox82 Senior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    9800GT user here. try to turn off threaded optimization in nvidia control panel. improves performance.

I will have to give this a shot when I get home.