Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Boosting the game for low graphic cards (geforce products only)

ringwraithsringwraiths MemberPosts: 55Registered Users
edited September 2013 in Total War Eras Support Forum
Hey guys, a tip to improve your graphic card preformance (if you have a NVIDIA or other Geforce product).

I have a NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT (wich is a low graphic card but within the min. specs for Rome II).

After setting my 3D options in the NVIDIA configurations menu to "preformance" instaid of "quality" i could play Rome II but with serious low frames per second.

Now i installed the program "Geforce experience" downloaded the latest update possible for my graphics card and from this point on i can play the game smooth on low settings :)

I recommend all NVIDIA users to do the same.
Post edited by ringwraiths on

Comments

• ryox82ryox82 Senior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have the 9800M GTS and have the latest beta and drivers installed. I actually got it to a point where I got 30 fps with graphics worse than Rome 1...but as soon as I go to play the actual game it is back to the stuttering.
  • uk500uk500 Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have a NVIDIA Geforce 9500 GT 1GB, I know its a bad card, however I was able to run shogun 2 on medium with decent frame rate.
    That was with mods too. I was also able to play a 40v40 battle without lag. The thing that really helped me, was turning of shadows.
    Really boosted my fps. I was expecting to be able to run at least low on Rome 2. However I get around 3-10 fps in battles.
  • DhauneDhaune Senior Member Posts: 129Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys, a tip to improve your graphic card preformance (if you have a NVIDIA or other Geforce product).

I have a NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT (wich is a low graphic card but within the min. specs for Rome II).

After setting my 3D options in the NVIDIA configurations menu to "preformance" instaid of "quality" i could play Rome II but with serious low frames per second.

Now i installed the program "Geforce experience" downloaded the latest update possible for my graphics card and from this point on i can play the game smooth on low settings :)

I recommend all NVIDIA users to do the same.

I have a 9600 GT, and the geforce experience wont even work.
  • GokhanOzcanerGokhanOzcaner Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    9800GT user here. try to turn off threaded optimization in nvidia control panel. improves performance.
  • ryox82ryox82 Senior Member Posts: 122Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    9800GT user here. try to turn off threaded optimization in nvidia control panel. improves performance.

I will have to give this a shot when I get home.