Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sorry From CA - Current State of the Game and What Happens Next (06 Sep 2013)

Comments

• modymody Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 26
    edited September 2013
    the game is very dissapointing...i have nothing else to say...i hope they can fix it but the problems are so many it will take months...
  • Xtreme_ChaosXtreme_Chaos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 226
    edited September 2013
    Not sure if this is a technical issue, but technically, the Multiplayer feels unfinished and rushed and an afterthought and an inferior version of what we had in Shogun 2.

#2%
  • KitKatsAreTastyKitKatsAreTasty Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    The 2% statistic is probably pulled out of their *** as damage control, it is in no way verified, proven or seemingly correct.

The mass lack of optimization for general hardware puts WAY more than 2% of people in the "issue" category.

The UI + AI issues put everybody in the "issue" category.

The AI turn time in co-op but EVERYBODY in the "issue" category.

Stop lying, stop avoiding the issues, the fixes in your support forums are work-rounds for niche issues, but not all the lack of optimization, you just pretend they are as damage control.
  • break99break99 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 293
    edited September 2013
    ^

My feelings exact.

It's just very disappointing
    i7 4770k
    GTX 780 3GB
    16GB RAM
    Asus Z87-PRO
    256GB SSD M4
  • willyum32willyum32 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 545
    edited September 2013
    moglorn wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to believe it is 2%? i play this game and a lot of people that i know on teamspeak and none have them have issues, ok a bug here and there but nothing serious to make the game unplayable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGFcUWzzO-8
    Nothing serious? your ignorance is laughable. get off your knees and wipe off your lipstick
  • rome_edrome_ed Member Registered Users Posts: 29
    edited September 2013
    I don't mind what you're doing. You're messed up! I would like a refund, contacted SEGA (they do nothing), contacted Steam support, I hope they can help. It is outrageous and scandelous, very sad it happened. Never had any problem before with CA products as other people say but now I can imagine how they felt, feel. Shame!
    Lucky to have Paradox strategy games. ;)
    Reacting to Rome 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC4b1DN7238
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 640
    edited September 2013
    I feel insulted by CA now.2%??????????????
    such an arrogant sorry from CA
    "2%"
  • coverour6coverour6 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    Balance, Avatar Campaign Map for the Multiplayer, will be very nice after the technical problems are fixed
  • MannyRomeMannyRome Member Registered Users Posts: 76
    edited September 2013
    2%? Your facebook posts are now riddled with complaints as well. You have an easy loophole where you don't have refunds, so it's all sorted for CA.
  • ZatarraZatarra Member Registered Users Posts: 30
    edited September 2013
    You mean 2% are people who report issues. The rest are just have top machines or skipped to other game waiting patiently for the fixes.
  • break99break99 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 293
    edited September 2013
    @mody

My feelings exact.

This game has just been disappointing
    i7 4770k
    GTX 780 3GB
    16GB RAM
    Asus Z87-PRO
    256GB SSD M4
  • Xtreme_ChaosXtreme_Chaos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 226
    edited September 2013
    Tornadium wrote: »
    Technically they don't owe us anything but a working product that is up to the standards of the previous titles.

Asking for free dlcs is a bit over the line.

Calling Rome 2 a 'working product' is a stretch. It CERTAINLY didn't hold up to the standards set by Shogun 2.
  • ExGreyFoxExGreyFox Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 107
    edited September 2013
    2%? I must have just fallen from the sky.
    ​Intel i7-3770k Ivy [email protected] 1.35v
    Maximus V FORMULA Z77
    2x SLi EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC
    G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 1600
    Thermalright SB-E Extreme
    OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SATAIII SSD (OS)
    Crucial M4 128GB SATAIII SSD
    Hitachi 500GB 7200rpm
    Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt
    Tritton AX720 5.1 Surround
  • CaeserCaeser Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 592
    edited September 2013
    Thanks CA its nice for to see you guys are doing everything to fix it :)
  • BongologistBongologist Member Registered Users Posts: 91
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for this.
    ~ Intel i5-2500 3.30 Ghz - Nvidia GTX 570 2GB VRAM - 8GB DDR3 - Windows 7 64bit ~
  • athroposathropos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 146
    edited September 2013
    "At the moment we are seeing 2% of people playing reporting a technical issue."

Have you ever taken a statistics class? When 2% of people report issues, or say, 2% of people appear to commit crimes in a statistic for a country should that mean that only 2% of all people commit crimes? No, it means that at the time the statistics were taken, only 2% got caught and processed by police and then reported in the national statistics. The actual real value is probably higher.

What you muppets did was see "okay so we have about 10 000 active forums posters here who complain out of 200 000 players online on steam at the moment so really only 2% of people have issues"

Do you understand how wrong and insulting you are?
    edited September 2013
    Caeser wrote: »
    Thanks CA its nice for to see you guys are doing everything to fix it :)

Why troll, I thought you mentioned before that it worked perfectly. Are you just genuinely trying to wind people up?
  • DripfedDripfed Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    CA post a well reasoned response.

The thread fills with entitled teenagers who think shouting and screaming will get them everything they want.

Up yours you arrogant and ignorant little sods. Rome II is working wonderfully for me. Of that I am greatful, but if it wasn't, I wouldn't feel inclined to pull my *** cheeks apart and take a giant dump all over the people who are working to get things sorted for you.

Did you not ever consider the reasons behind why PC launches are problematic? A billion and 1 potential combinations of hardware/OS/whatever you have plugged into your rig + all the bad habits people have with their rigs.

Don't defrag? Take few precautions when downloading trainers, cracks or torrents? Don't keep your drivers up to date? Frankly, the number of things that can go wrong when you have millions of people playing on PCs is vast, I'm surprised games ever work.

Keep your heads down CA and ignore the utter ****e that is spewed out by children who do not know much beyond the nose on their face.
  • Achilles284Achilles284 Member Registered Users Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    Yeah 2% is just ridiculous... That's not even enough for just performance issues.. Let alone gameplay issues
    edited September 2013
    MannyRome wrote: »
    Why troll, I thought you mentioned before that it worked perfectly. Are you just genuinely trying to wind people up?

Yes mine is running fine and I did say it was unbalanced with bits, hence why I said about them fixing it. besides how am I trolling your the one instigating an argument
  • MalhardMalhard Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited September 2013
    The fault must always be ours. This company will never admit that failed with their customers. They should be ashamed!
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,179
    edited September 2013
    athropos wrote: »
    "At the moment we are seeing 2% of people playing reporting a technical issue."

Have you ever taken a statistics class? When 2% of people report issues, or say, 2% of people appear to commit crimes in a statistic for a country should that mean that only 2% of all people commit crimes? No, it means that at the time the statistics were taken, only 2% got caught and processed by police and then reported in the national statistics. The actual real value is probably higher.

What you muppets did was see "okay so we have about 10 000 active forums posters here who complain out of 200 000 players online on steam at the moment so really only 2% of people have issues"

Do you understand how wrong and insulting you are?

What? People whom commit crimes tend to avoid to report themselves you know. Their sole purpose is to avoid attention while commiting crimes.

If people have serious issues, they'd have posted them in the support forum already. People who have issues, want attention. As of now, trusting CA's source, only 2% have posted their issues in the support forum. Therefore mere thousands of people are facing serious performance/gameplay issues. While hunderds of thousands do not feel the need to ask for support.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • ScreenNameScreenName Member Registered Users Posts: 51
    edited September 2013
    jonsnow wrote: »
    thanks but i still dont think its only 2%. i mean youtube, steam, amazon, this forum, metacritic, all the other forums in gaming sites.
    This is also actually a huge number of people to be reporting issues (and I think CA is well aware of this, and hence the apology). 2% of people reporting means at least a factor of 10x (20%) of people actually experiencing issues. Many people simply play through the issues, read the forums and don't post, or put the game away waiting either for patch fixes or to discard it never to be played again. This number must be extremely worrying for both CA and SEGA, and I can't imagine that the next game in the series (likely an expansion.... alla Napoleon) will follow in the same suit.
  • james b nutterjames b nutter Banned Banned Users Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    Think about all the work you have to do now to actually live up to this statement, and the past ones? They have made false statements(lied) before, so I guess we will wait and see. We aren't forgetting about them just because you've made a new statement. The core mechanics are garbage, make polls do whatever you want to convince yourself otherwise, you won't find your supporting evidence that people like these decisions.

You should have just done the work the first time, then you wouldn't be in debt to your fans and to Sega. I see a bunch of late nights in your future and a workforce spread too thin on too many projects...I'm sorry, but you made your decisions, live with them.
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 640
    edited September 2013
    chernobyl total war
    "2%"
  • florinsflorins Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 205
    edited September 2013
    Great, now go back to fixing the game. Hopefully you will not ignore our disappointment with the game's design decisions.
    edited September 2013
    Caeser wrote: »
    Yes mine is running fine and I did say it was unbalanced with bits, hence why I said about them fixing it. besides how am I trolling your the one instigating an argument

If it was running fine why are you worried about stupid unbalanced fixes, it's not even running at all for some people.
  • SeccirsinTheVlachSeccirsinTheVlach Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 103
    edited September 2013
    In my honest opinion if you would have left the 2% part out(a marketing gimmick and a kick in the balls to all the people having issues)you could have saved some face.
    My suggestion?
    The money grubbing manager should not use delegates and have the balls to at least pretend he gives a **** and make the excuse himself.If you only want to think of us the customers as some stupid sheep-like statistic then by all means be my guest.
    It's a buyers market this day and age and you live and die by reputation.It won't be quick and you won't enjoy it.
    Remember, Remember the 3rd of September
    The Gun powder, Treason and Plot
    Observe the docile fanboy in it's natural environment.Notice the way he's so eager to buy faulty products and pay for useless content and it's happy doing so,never even questioning the way he's being treated and just accepting it.Scientists have determined they may be very closely related to sheep,but they didn't make that statement official because they fear it might insult the sheep.
    edited September 2013
    It's not stupid lol I thought as I paid £30 i was aloud to complain? Or does that only count if I'm someone who is complaining lots?
  • athroposathropos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 146
    edited September 2013
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    What? People whom commit crimes tend to avoid to report themselves you know. Their sole purpose is to avoid attention while commiting crimes.

If people have serious issues, they'd have posted them in the support forum already. People who have issues, want attention. As of now, trusting CA's source, only 2% have posted their issues in the support forum. Therefore mere thousands of people are facing serious performance/gameplay issues. While hunderds of thousands do not feel the need to ask for support.

Are you completely unable of abstract thought? I used the crime analogy as an example as for why you can't base yourself on reported statistics to beleive it represents the whole problem accurately. Of course criminals dont report themselves. Are you daft? Do you really think that 100% of people with a problem with the game are posting in forums and reporting it? And do you think CA keeps track of every forum? Trust me I have a feeling the real number of people with issues exceeds far beyond 2%

No need to be a CA apologist here as well. You're not helping anybody, or making the game any better.