Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sorry From CA - Current State of the Game and What Happens Next (06 Sep 2013)

Comments

• BaiorOfRedBaiorOfRed Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    When I first uploaded the game it was a bit laggy and glitchy. Quick driver download and optimization and it runs flawlessly. I actually didn't know there was a problem until I came onto the forums to express distaste about capture points.
  • CaeserCaeser Senior Member Posts: 592Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    MannyRome wrote: »
    Don't you think your major complaints are a bit out of place, compared to the rest of us who have essentially lined their pockets for nothing in return?

They are still valid are the not though?
  • esnobleesnoble Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Count me in the no issues at all in terms of performance. My issues are with the game itself. I love the idea of many of the innovations, particularly the province system and the concept of limited army numbers. My issue is with the execution.

With respect to provinces, it creates new issues. It means I need to be careful about my vassals to ensure they never own one of my regions lest we go to war. I would rather see it "count" if a vassal owns a region for the benefits to apply (and whoever owns the capital gets to call the edicts).

With respect to the armies, I am very frustrated that I have almost never had actual army to army battles. The standing garrisons are tiny, so I always see army vs. garrison and end up chasing other armies around and them raiding towns. The other issue is that walls do nothing. Even without siege equipment, these armies are able to attack instantly. At the least, they should have to wait for siege equipment to invade giving time to protect your cities. Increasing the garrison size and making walls stop an instant attack would go a long way to improving the game's combat size.
  • vicvegavicvega Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    and i am not talking about DLC....lol. Fix the Problems for the ;) 2% ;) first and then lets talk about DLC
  • CloverClover Senior Member Posts: 4,964Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    Look at the amount of people viewing the general discussion forum, now look at the amount of people looking at the support forum. Now take into account 80,000 people play Rome II at the moment. Obviously more than 2% have issues. But if people don't bother posting, that's not CA's fault.

A lot of people just rant and leave, demanding for a refund in the process. That doesn't help CA because these gamers don't want CA to fix the game.

That isn't the way I read it. Look at the other words about the issue, the Steam page states that "It has come to our attention that several people may be experiencing slight graphical issues whilst running Total War: ROME II."

If they do indeed mean to say what you're saying they mean, then it needs to be a lot more carefully worded. Because it's only because of the rest of it that I don't feel like I was just slapped in the face.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
  • modymody Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    i don't want to post to forums...i just want to play a game that is finished and not broken because i paid 50euro for it...and i will spend my time at forums "helping''?oh come on...
  • Captain TackiCaptain Tacki Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    My CPU runs this game acceptably, I actually spent a tidy some of money on it through working long hours and scrimping and saving.

Except for one little bitty CTD with barbarian confederations... I'd rather take them by the sword anyway!
    Victory does not always rest with the big guns: but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,176Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thx, seems like the new patch increased some fps and graphics to the point of just being plyable, so you did something right. Long way to go though.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • KauzerKauzer Senior Member Saint-Petersburg, RussiaPosts: 320Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Well, please fix the perfomance,

This should be the top priority,

Is it normal when you run shogun 2 on high with high sized units perfectly and you can't run rome 2 on low?

Nah fix coop 1st. I have a good pc and dont have and problens with fps etc. But i cant play coz of coop Desync and 3 mins AI turn time...
    Time played in Attila : 804 hours
    Time played in Rome 2 : 1299 hours
    Time played in Shogun 2 : 621 hours
    Time played in Total War: WARHAMMER II : 1822 hours
    CPU : Intel Core i7 4Ghz 5960X
    GPUs : 2 x GTX 1080 Ti (Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme ed.)
    RAM : DDR4 32 Gb Corsair 2133Mhz
  • JackalcyJackalcy Member Posts: 73Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    BaiorOfRed wrote: »
    When I first uploaded the game it was a bit laggy and glitchy. Quick driver download and optimization and it runs flawlessly. I actually didn't know there was a problem until I came onto the forums to express distaste about capture points.

What system are you running? I have an i5 2500k @4.3 Ghz and GTX 680 and Historical Battle (Carthage) runs at about 20-30 fps with all the bells and whistles
    i5 2500k @4.5 GHz
    RAM 8GB @ 1600 Hz
    GPU EVGA 680 SC edition
    O/S Win 7 64bit

TW Rome II forest benchmark (extreme settings): 41 fps average (patch 4). 42 fps (patch 3). 42 fps (patch 2). 42 fps (patch 1)
  • TrochoskiTrochoski Member Posts: 75Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Please stop making videogames. This game cant be fixed because you will need to fix the base of it, and this will make you remake the game from the 30% of it. And go and buy some ambition with the money you stole from us, because you need it if you want to make videogames. This gameplay of the campaign is the worst thing ever, and the posibilities was more than infinite. Im fuking tired of those as.slicking guys because you are one of the proyect leaders, i tell you the things like it is, this game could have been incredible with the right lead designer and the right ideas with some ambition.
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Hi All - I’m just posting this on behalf of Mike Simpson, Creative Director on Total War here at Creative Assembly - Bart CA

Hi everyone and thanks for your attention.

We just wanted to reassure you that we do know it’s an extremely annoying and frustrating time for some of you at the moment and we are working around the clock to sort out those issues that you are having. The first patch has just gone up - it's not trouble-free we know and are fixing with a hotfix, but there will be another next week and every week after that till the problems are gone.

At the moment it may seem that the changes are slight, but they aren’t the only ones we are working on currently and bigger changes are happening now for future patches.

If you are having a problem, it is totally unacceptable and a big deal for us, please know that we are spending all our dev effort on fixing outstanding issues.

I realise in our rush to do that we haven’t updated you on the situation, so if you are interested, please read on.

Scale of launch issues
    First and foremost let me say that if even one person has a problem running the game we would want to fix it, this is why we’ve set up 24 hour support and if you post in the support forums you will get an answer or discover a solution that’s already posted for your issue.

I appreciate that it doesn’t help to know this if you are somebody having an issue, but the vast majority of people are running the game without problems. At the moment we are seeing 2% of people playing reporting a technical issue. Let me be clear, that is 2% too many and we will be helping them into the game and working very hard to make sure they get the best possible experience.

To these people we are really very sorry that you are having problems, we really want to get you enjoying our game, please do take the time to post your issue in the Support Forum if there isn't a fix for you available in there already.

Technical Issues
    ROME II is a big and complex game and, especially on PC, we are always conscious of the wide variety of different combinations of hardware out there and, while we do test extensively before launch, it is clear that we have failed some of you and we will look at the way in which launch games in the future. Again, I know this is scant comfort to you if you have a set-up that is not performing well, but we do intend to fix your specific problem – whoever you are and whatever it is - as soon as we can.

Many issues have been alleviated by the workarounds and system tweaks posted about in the Support Forum, please do head to this thread as your first port of call http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/82113-Solutions-found-across-the-support-forums, if your issue is not solved by stepping through these solutions please do post your issue in the Support Forum and one of the team will get back to you.

Gameplay Issues
    If you have concerns on the actual features and mechanics, like gameplay balancing and AI behaviour, we do want to hear about them. As mentioned before launch we absolutely intend to support ROME II post-release with plenty of content, further development and comprehensive balancing through-out – and no I’m not thinking of DLC you have to pay for. We have already planned for some very interesting stuff and we wanted to do that with advice from the community.

Please do keep posting your concerns, our code team are focussing on tech issues to get people playing, but our design teams are very aware of your concerns and are already looking at ways to add further options and rebalance aspects of the game.

You will see our community team dropping into threads to ask questions, please do chat to them, but even if you don’t see a response please do know that we look at the forums every day here and do appreciate what you have to say.

Thank you for reading,

Mike Simpson
    i want customize my avatar!
  • MatiMati Junior Member Posts: 29Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Customer feedback is a gift, now matter how bad it is, and smart companies know how to use it to their advantage. Some of the feedback will not help much but it's better than no feedback at all.

Trolls do not help, of course. Fishing for trouble neither.
    Mati :p
  • Bart_CABart_CA Creative Assembly Horsham, UKPosts: 350Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

Please don't think that we consider 2% a small number in itself, given how many people are playing it still represents a large number of people who we will work on getting into the game. To be clear, we can tell quite accurately the number of people having issues, and it is not based on posting in forums.

Even if someone has a problem and doesn't post in the forum, we receive data that can help us to correct their issue. But if they do post, we are able to diagnose the problem with far more success.

Please do head to the support forum if you are having difficulty.

Bart CA
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • TaviTavi Senior Member Posts: 242Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Styo wrote: »
    At least give us 1 free playable nation, after the game is playable.
    "Give us a playable game after 3 playable faction you have already given" looks better
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Posts: 640Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    2% is so arrogant...
    "2%"
  • MatiMati Junior Member Posts: 29Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

Please don't think that we consider 2% a small number in itself, given how many people are playing it still represents a large number of people who we will work on getting into the game. To be clear, we can tell quite accurately the number of people having issues, and it is not based on posting in forums.

Even if someone has a problem and doesn't post in the forum, we receive data that can help us to correct their issue.

Bart CA

Well... that makes sense... as long Steam does not share the data with the NSA. lol. j/k
    Mati :p
  • LoukoumiLoukoumi Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you CA for acknowledging the landslide of comments from your customers. It's good practice despite staff like this "2%" that obviously brings people on the path of war - unlike your campaign AI which remains on the path of non-violence.

Seriously now, for me there is one and only question, well put by Tornadium:
    Tornadium wrote: »
    Does this mean Gameplay Overhauls are on the table or not?

Edit: To further clarify, I don't mean stat balancing or small things. I mean overhauls of core gameplay mechanics.

I look forward to getting an answer and I really am glad you are responding.
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,179Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Clover wrote: »
    That isn't the way I read it. Look at the other words about the issue, the Steam page states that "It has come to our attention that several people may be experiencing slight graphical issues whilst running Total War: ROME II."

You will have to take my word for it, but I can assure you CA is working hard on resolving all the issues. A lot of people are actively trying to find bugs and report them to CA as we speak. The reason why CA uses the term several and slight is to prevent this forum from exploding even more. And really, 2% is a lot of people considering how many people bought the game.

@thread

I suggest everyone who hasn't gone to the support forum already, and yet needs desperate help, create a thread in the support forum asap, along with a detailed explanation, screenshots/replays (if possible) and dxdiag. The more the information, the better.

If you do this, CA will be able to fix your problems. Every issue individual people are experiencing may be caused by different instigators. If you do not find the need to post your issue, there's always a chance future patches might not fix it for you.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • ChipMHazardChipMHazard Member Posts: 79Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    While I don't really believe that it's only 2% whom are having issues I do commend you (CA) for owning up to it and adressing your community. Kudos for that.
  • A_Parked_CarA_Parked_Car Member Posts: 85Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    It is nice to get a response like this. I'm still deeply irritated with my performance and gameplay issues, as my $60 game is currently unplayable. The "2%" comment has rubbed me the wrong way, as I know of no one on my Steam friends list who is even playing the game anymore. Only one of them (and myself) are hardcore Total War fans, so they never really bothered reporting their issues. They just went back to Starcraft, DOTA or whatever.

I would be lying if I said that my trust in CA/Sega (certainly Sega, as they have now been dumped on my 'do-not-buy' list along with EA) has been restored in any way, but this is at least one small baby-step forward. I certainly hope that the next patch will at least smooth out my performance issues so that I can get a decent frame-rate while I try to play this train wreck.
    "The historian without his facts is rootless and futile; the facts without their historian are dead and meaningless." - E. H. Carr

"I'm not here to tell you all of the answers. Rather, I'm here to merely get you acquainted with the questions." (Speaking of the study of history.) - Dr. David C. Wright
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hi all, thanks for your feedback in this thread. We're looking into the issues raised and I'm sorry if you've been having problems.

As Mike said, we're absolutely on board with taking on feedback on gameplay issues as well as technical ones.
  • FhearFhear Senior Member Posts: 142Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the response CA! It is a great step forward to not remain silent like other game developers. THANK YOU!
  • SnakeplisskenSnakeplissken Senior Member Posts: 132Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Core mechanics meaning features like a family tree, AI and things that modders can't touch without CA implementing them first.
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Posts: 640Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    2% of people DON´T have red skies in the game
    "2%"
  • break99break99 Senior Member Posts: 293Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    They're only sorry for the 2%
    i7 4770k
    GTX 780 3GB
    16GB RAM
    Asus Z87-PRO
    256GB SSD M4
    edited September 2013
    CA is becoming a joke, like a minor studio trying to make some easy money
  • felixlulzfelixlulz Senior Member Posts: 219Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

Bart CA

can you explain what problems fall into the 2% catagory? iam sure me and a lot of others dont know what the 2% actually mean.

also i can say i havent lost faith in CA. you guys have done amazing games before. we know its in you guys. BUT you have to fix this game. atm its just not worth the total war name.
    edited September 2013
    if im Sega i would say : MIKES GO RESIGNS! we have enough about your work
  • reidster338reidster338 Member Posts: 48Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

Even if someone has a problem and doesn't post in the forum, we receive data that can help us to correct their issue. But if they do post, we are able to diagnose the problem with far more success.

Please do head to the support forum if you are having difficulty.

Bart CA

I'd like to apologize about the behavior seen on this forum, and specifically this post, from the community.

The majority of your community, the ones who want to help you improve the game, are always here to help. However, there will always be ignorant trolls who will attack you for anything you say. Don't let them get to you guys over there, they have nothing better to do and will always lament over how "they lost 60 dollars" and wouldn't even do a d*mned thing to try and fix their issues.

It's an internet thing and I'm sure you know this, but nonetheless, keep it up. :)
  • randir14randir14 Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for issuing an apology. But I find it highly doubtful that only 2% of players are experiencing problems.