Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sorry From CA - Current State of the Game and What Happens Next (06 Sep 2013)

13468955

Comments

  • CaepioCaepio Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks CA! Keep it coming!
  • EaglePhoenixEaglePhoenix Senior Member Posts: 1,268Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the clarification, CA.
    Team Empire!..and also tiny lil bit VC - but shhh
  • muppetlordmuppetlord Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    2%...i have hard to believe that...
    But anyway it's good to hear that you actually care and are doing your best to fix it.
    As long as turns out good in the end ill be happy.
  • Redron MannheimRedron Mannheim Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This post has restored a lot of my faith in CA - they still want to make this game great guys. I suggest we post all of our relevant gripes with game design or AI issues in the relevant support forums, hell if we flood those with the most relevant they'll have to prioritise them! I've done this already, I hope CA hears my voice :).
  • LinusNeumanLinusNeuman Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I continue to ask for a SLI profile, please collaborate with Nvidia to get this fixed!

    CA is the best studio in the world, noone else would do this.
  • SukulakuSukulaku Senior Member Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Very nice to get some response from the CA side. Much appreciated :)
  • CaepioCaepio Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    What percentage of the people complaining about tech problems have ****** computer systems? I'm wondering...

    Easy enough to blame CA if your rig isn't setup right.
  • ElicasElicas Senior Member Posts: 218Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I'm not interested in an apology, I'm interested in a straight up yes or no on whether the most pressing gameplay complaints from the community are going to be reworked or not.

    Are you going to add a family tree?
    Are you going to fix the way battles work so that they are slowed down and more tactical?
    Are you going to remove the magical activated abilities that have placed the battles in the APM side of RTS rather than the tactical side of RTS?
    Are you going to remove the capture points from open battles?
    Are you going to completely rebalance the Diplomacy AI so that it is more realistic?
    Are you going to completely adjust the UI so that unit cards are smaller and the Diplomacy screen is bigger?
    Are you going to completely rebalance the campaign AI so that it is both more aggressive and so that it used more infantry rather than skirmishers/ranged units?

    I'm disappointed at the state of the game, but I can wait for it to be fixed if you are actually going to address these complaints. If you're not, well that's fine. Our idea of what makes a TW game is obviously very different, and as the series creator it's entirely your prerogative to make the game you want to make.

    It's also my prerogative to say that if you don't fix these issues, I'll certainly never pre-order another TW again. I might just be one guy, but since I've bought every game since Shogun 1 at release and all your DLC I'd guess you've had at least £300 out of me on this series, it's money you won't get for your next releases.

    I'm sure many others want this as well, a simple answer. Not 'you're looking into it'. Not 'we're assessing the communities feelings on the matter'. A simple yes these will be fixed, no they were designed that way and are going to stay that way.

    Please.
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    katakroker wrote: »
    2% of people DON´T have red skies in the game

    We are aware that Patch 1 is causing red skies in some battle maps with some graphics cards – we’ve solved this issue and will hotfix in the near future.

    Thanks
  • robin2852robin2852 Senior Member Posts: 825Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Did not expect an apology tbh, though it is always welcome to have one.
    The game has problems, and i am sure it is as disappointing to you guys at CA as it is to us. Hopefully the issues cna be addressed as quickly as possible, so we can enjoy the game.
  • KingintheSouthKingintheSouth Senior Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    2%??
    2%??
    Did he confuse the percentage of ******-off players with the type of milk he buys?

    So somehow, 2 percent of players is accounting for a 4.4/10 on metacritic.
    "You wouldn't believe how many times I'm misquoted" Julius Caesar, shortly after defeating the Nazis during the Battle of Waterloo, 1975.
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Posts: 640Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    CraigTW wrote: »
    We are aware that Patch 1 is causing red skies in some battle maps with some graphics cards – we’ve solved this issue and will hotfix in the near future.

    Thanks
    So you admit that it´s not only 2%????
    "2%"
  • ZatarraZatarra Member Posts: 30Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Good to know CA guys are working on it. And not ignoring the posts.
  • moglornmoglorn Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to apologize about the behavior seen on this forum, and specifically this post, from the community.

    The majority of your community, the ones who want to help you improve the game, are always here to help. However, there will always be ignorant trolls who will attack you for anything you say. Don't let them get to you guys over there, they have nothing better to do and will always lament over how "they lost 60 dollars" and wouldn't even do a d*mned thing to try and fix their issues.

    It's an internet thing and I'm sure you know this, but nonetheless, keep it up. :)

    could not agree more my thoughts exactly
  • robin2852robin2852 Senior Member Posts: 825Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    2%??
    2%??
    Did he confuse the percentage of ******-off players with the type of milk he buys?

    So somehow, 2 percent of players is accounting for a 4.4/10 on metacritic.

    You underestimate the power of nerdrage.
  • MatiMati Junior Member Posts: 29Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Caepio wrote: »
    What percentage of the people complaining about tech problems have ****** computer systems? I'm wondering...

    Easy enough to blame CA if your rig isn't setup right.

    I have a Samsung Gamer 7 Series which cannot be customized. It runs Battlefield 3 on Ultra, Shogun 2 on Ultra... And actually this is the first game it cannot run on Ultra. I do not think it's just the people taking the time to post who have problems with the performance of the game in their systems.
    Mati :p
  • KingintheSouthKingintheSouth Senior Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I just figured out the math.
    It's 2% because 8% can play the game fine and the other 90% have shelved the game.
    "You wouldn't believe how many times I'm misquoted" Julius Caesar, shortly after defeating the Nazis during the Battle of Waterloo, 1975.
  • twirpdktwirpdk Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    felixlulz wrote: »
    can you explain what problems fall into the 2% catagory? iam sure me and a lot of others dont know what the 2% actually mean.

    also i can say i havent lost faith in CA. you guys have done amazing games before. we know its in you guys. BUT you have to fix this game. atm its just not worth the total war name.

    There is little reason to report commonly known bugs, and don't underestimate the amount of people that never used a forum, and doesn't undestand any of the support languages.

    I have nothing to back this up with, but i would assume that only a tiny amount of people would actually report anything, unless it's game breaking crash and lockups.
  • CoggleszCogglesz Member Posts: 45Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I apreciate the response and apology from CA, highly apreciate it infact, Many people wouldn't bother with that in todays industry.

    I'm not mad or angry, its a game, i'm only displeased that Sega let such a great franchise have such a rough unfinished release, I feel in due time this game will be an epic experience, but i can't say i'll ever pre-order anything from CA again, I really want to support the franchise, proof of that is pre-ordering the game a week in advance, but with the publisher rushing things i doubt we can expect a nice stable release next time round.
  • Bart_CABart_CA Creative Assembly Horsham, UKPosts: 350Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    felixlulz wrote: »
    can you explain what problems fall into the 2% catagory? iam sure me and a lot of others dont know what the 2% actually mean.

    also i can say i havent lost faith in CA. you guys have done amazing games before. we know its in you guys. BUT you have to fix this game. atm its just not worth the total war name.

    Hi Felixlulz,

    Yes I can roughly, and I apologise because I am not that technical, but this includes hardware issues not game design. So for example if you feel that the battle speed is too slow or too fast we of course cannot know that unless you tell us - which is why we appreciate people posting their opinions in general discussion.

    As Mike says, the team really do read these forums and take notice.

    Bart CA
    Forum Terms & Conditions

    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • AkkaAkka Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Please do keep posting your concerns, our code team are focussing on tech issues to get people playing, but our design teams are very aware of your concerns and are already looking at ways to add further options and rebalance aspects of the game.
    Actually, technical problems are VERY secondary for me - not that they're unimportant, but they are fixable. What ruined RTW2 for me are design decisions making the game boring/irritating, and they're even more maddening by the fact that they, all, every single one of them, were either (and often both) obvious from the get-go, or things that were good in previous iterations and you actually worked to break.

    - The UI is simply horrible. I dislike the ugly "pottery icons", but at least they are thematic, so I can accept them.
    But how could you leave the atrocious Win8-like black boxes, while you already took a lot of flak about them in previews ?
    Even much worse, the interface is utterly confusing, cramped and impersonal. It's impossible to get a clear, global view of the tech trees, or to grasp easily what's actually happening in a city. STW2 had a clean, simple, to the point and very clear interface. How the hell could you ruin it so much ?
    Also, ugly little icons in the place of pictures of the buildings, and bare numbers in a black box, destroy any immersion and personnality the cities or generals could have.
    Inversely, WTH is this uninformative health bar on units ? I don't care about a near-invisible line of colour, I want to see the NUMBERS of mens still standing. And I'd like to see the status of the unit without having to constantly hover my mouse on them. Why couldn't you just do the same than in previous iterations and display the status directly on the card (you got it right before, why break it now) ?
    Seriously, just copy-paste STW2 UI and add some columns and marble to look Roman-like, it would be INFINITELY better than the horrible mess we have now.

    - The "magic ships" and the flag in open battle. Who the hell could have thought of this, and HOW THE HELL could you let it pass ? How idiotic, unrealistic and dumbed down is it to let a whole armies morph itself into a fleet ? Logistic and planning are a good part of a strategy game, why would you remove them ? I again can't believe that not only someone could think such idea was not horrible, but that nobody actually manned up and told him.
    I really want to keep it constructive and not antagonist, but seeing such things rile me up.

    - Same as above : it's a strategy/tactical game. Victory should be won by tactical/strategic decision. Not by giving plenty of arcade magic abilities to units and make us click them constantly instead of, I don't know, plan reserves and use real tactical decision on the battlefield ?
    Same as above again : stop dumbing down the game. It's a strategy one, not a console action beat-them-up.

    - Increase the zoom. Please. It's giving me a headache to be unable to get some height and actually see more than two province or a tenth of the battlefield at the same time. I feel like I'm smashed against the ground.
    And no the "tactical view" is not a replacement, I don't care for it and I don't want to use it, I want just to be able to do like in every other TW game and have a larger view of the situation.
    Again, why did you broke what was working ?

    - Yet again, why did you broke what was working by removing the family tree ?

    - Units cohesiveness. Seriously. In each TW iteration you've spent your whole time adding animations and trying to make a Hollywood movie from the game. Well, it's counter-productive, because maybe there is tiny, near-impossible to see difference in facial animation that nobody give a **** about, but the actual, real big thing that should look awesome (that is, big armies fighting each other) is ridiculous due to units splashing in a liquid waste, cuddling together around a few guys who are dueling. Yay, we can see plenty of animations you spent a lot of money about ! Too bad it looks idiotic because there should be two units crashing and fighting in ranks instead.
    In other words : less useless cinematic animations, more useful whole unit management.
    Even from a purely cinematic point of view, it will still looks better.

    - Exactly same reason as above : battle lasting 5 mn. Did nobody even played the game, or did you consider that motorbike-like running speed and fast-as-lightning battles were actually fun ?
    The worse here is that there was a dev who said in interview that the pace would be slower in RTW2. Why the lie ?


    Look, sorry about the agressivity. I know I sound antagonistic despite trying honestly to just bring constructive criticism.
    I'm just so horribly disappointed by the only game I was actually looking for this year. And more than that, I'm furious at seeing how the wrong things in design were all easily avoidable (or, worse, were already done right in the past and broke for this game).
    Hope you can still draw useful information from this, despite the bitterness.
  • SeccirsinTheVlachSeccirsinTheVlach Senior Member Posts: 103Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Guys(CA) don't post.It's like reassuring a guy who's house is on fire that all will be well.
    And it's always those soulless and official statements that are just blank,it's like talking without saying something.
    How about some "Yeah guys we ****** it up,we admit we don't really care about what you think,we just release something,throw some PR at it and hope for the best.We could offer refunds or some kind of tokens for future releases or purchases but we won't because you know..why should we?we got the money "
    I bet the next video will be "Total war:Rome 2 present the entire team measuring the immensity of the **** they no longer give..with Brian Blessed"
    Do note i have no ill thoughts for the poor guys(Bart and the other one...who cares) having to face the wrath of the customers here on the forums
    Remember, Remember the 3rd of September
    The Gun powder, Treason and Plot
    Observe the docile fanboy in it's natural environment.Notice the way he's so eager to buy faulty products and pay for useless content and it's happy doing so,never even questioning the way he's being treated and just accepting it.Scientists have determined they may be very closely related to sheep,but they didn't make that statement official because they fear it might insult the sheep.
  • AngryJoeShowAngryJoeShow Senior Member Posts: 149Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Hello,

    Please don't think that we consider 2% a small number in itself, given how many people are playing it still represents a large number of people who we will work on getting into the game. To be clear, we can tell quite accurately the number of people having issues, and it is not based on posting in forums.

    Even if someone has a problem and doesn't post in the forum, we receive data that can help us to correct their issue. But if they do post, we are able to diagnose the problem with far more success.

    Please do head to the support forum if you are having difficulty.

    Bart CA

    Translation:
    "Nope its 2%. Our numbers are right and you guys are wrong."
    Btw this is the apology thread for the release state of the game correct? *Checks again*

    Alrighty Bart.
    How about this. 2% of users may find serious technical difficulties (I.E. Graphics, Running the game, etc), but I can assure you the number of users who are encountering in game glitches, bugs, faulty A.I on both Battles and in the Campaign Map and Diplomacy sections of the game are near 100%.

    Because I know for a fact these systems have not been tested as thoroughly as they had been in Shogun 2. And you do too.

    I know a LARGE number of us are running into them. Which is why you, and others who have been posting on behalf of CA have all been very adamant about saying there are MANY MORE patches incoming for the foreseeable future to improve/fix the game. And not just "tweaking it for a better play experience" but fixing aspects of the game that arent operating correctly.

    Do you have a system in place that records how many button clicks it takes for the Naval Units to do what they are ordered to do? because its about 19 clicks of babysitting. As evidenced in my video proof here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpIENG0Y2k
    Or maybe you have accurate numbers of how the assault/ram button forgets its preset when issuing orders?

    Let not debate on the "number of people effected" by a poor Rome 2 Experience, because you will lose.
    Fix this game.
    :mad: Angry Joe
    AngryJoeShow.com
  • vizzovizzo Senior Member Posts: 527Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I've been very critical of the game, but this post is much appreciated.

    I do have hope that the game will be transformed into a universally applauded masterpiece in the coming months, as bugs are fixed and gameplay concerns addressed.
  • fieldbakerfieldbaker Member Posts: 37Registered Users
    edited September 2013
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,178Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Let not debate on the "number of people effected" by a poor Rome 2 Experience, because you will lose.
    Fix this game.

    Then where's your thread in the support forum Joe? You're surely contributing a lot. Yeahno.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • RayeRaye Senior Member Posts: 233Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for this post. It can be objectively stated that while 2% of players have reported issues that there are in fact many more experiencing them. I appreciate the fact that CA has issued a statement after assessing the feedback here on the forum. My sincerest hope is that CA intends to very seriously analyze the wants of their fans and prep for adjusting the core game mechanics accordingly.
  • modymody Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    for me the low fps and the bad textures i encounter are the main problem,even in lowest settings...but also the gameplay issues mentioned by the other customers are really annoying...simply, the game is unplayable...

    i7 QUAD 3.06GHZ
    GTX 480
    8GB RAM
  • zzman305zzman305 Senior Member Posts: 459Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Translation:
    "Nope its 2%. Our numbers are right and you guys are wrong."
    Btw this is the apology thread for the release state of the game correct? *Checks again*

    Alrighty Bart.
    How about this. 2% of users may find serious technical difficulties (I.E. Graphics, Running the game, etc), but I can assure you the number of users who are encountering in game glitches, bugs, faulty A.I on both Battles and in the Campaign Map and Diplomacy sections of the game are near 100%.

    Because I know for a fact these systems have not been tested as thoroughly as they had been in Shogun 2. And you do too.

    I know a LARGE number of us are running into them. Which is why you, and others who have been posting on behalf of CA have all been very adamant about saying there are MANY MORE patches incoming for the foreseeable future to improve/fix the game. And not just "tweaking it for a better play experience" but fixing aspects of the game that arent operating correctly.

    Do you have a system in place that records how many button clicks it takes for the Naval Units to do what they are ordered to do? because its about 19 clicks of babysitting. As evidenced in my video proof here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpIENG0Y2k
    Or maybe you have accurate numbers of how the assault/ram button forgets its preset when issuing orders?

    Let not debate on the "number of people effected" by a poor Rome 2 Experience, because you will lose.
    Fix this game.

    Angry Joe to the rescue
    Veni Vedi Veci
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Posts: 640Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »


    Hi Felixlulz,

    Yes I can roughly, and I apologise because I am not that technical, but this includes hardware issues not game design. So for example if you feel that the battle speed is too slow or too fast we of course cannot know that unless you tell us - which is why we appreciate people posting their opinions in general discussion.

    As Mike says, the team really do read these forums and take notice.

    Bart CA
    Red sky problem only the 2%??????
    "2%"
Sign In or Register to comment.