Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sorry From CA - Current State of the Game and What Happens Next (06 Sep 2013)

Comments

• reidster338reidster338 Member Posts: 48Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I doubt that's Joe... that guy's got too much of a trollish attitude. The real Joe's a reasonable guy who was very hyped for this game, but like many others, this passion translated over to anger when he didn't like what he got. Therefore, we see his TWO videos devoted to showing gamebugs. Tis a shame the internet gaming community is like this.
  • nankuranankura Senior Member Posts: 454Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thankyou for the Apology, It's nice to see that CA is noticing the issue's and providing re-assurance that we will receive the update's we deserve and fix's

My Only Question relate's to the following
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/82113-Solutions-found-across-the-support-forums support-forums, if your issue is not solved by stepping through these solutions please do post your issue in the Support Forum and one of the team will get back to you.

I Hope CA is aware that 90% of these explanations of "low textures", graphical "fix's" and "solution's" provided in that link are only work-around's for what is essentially issue's with the graphic's engine and resource management with the game itself along with hardware compatability issue's

Basically, i hope CA isn't going to rely on work-around's to fix people's problem's temporarily and instead, actually go investigate the issue and fix the Core issue from occuring in the first place
    Never expect the corners, but take the turn's with a vice

steam: animegaia

<(^,^)> Mah PC ~.~
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 BE
    GFX: Gigabyte WF OC AMD 270
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaw-X Gaming Series 1600
    BOARD: 78LMT/USB3 Version 6 Gigabyte
    CASE: Thermaltake V3 Black
    PSU: GX 750W Gaming
  • NefariousNefarious Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    CraigTW wrote: »
    We are aware that Patch 1 is causing red skies in some battle maps with some graphics cards – we’ve solved this issue and will hotfix in the near future.
    Thanks

I'd hug you if I could. :)
    Fixes need fixing. True. But hotfixing this problem introduced by the patch is much appreciated.
    Every time I venture from New Orleans,
    I get the sensation of leaving Oz and landing on Kansas.
  • algorath123algorath123 Senior Member Posts: 132Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    2% ? yea right
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I continue to ask for a SLI profile, please collaborate with Nvidia to get this fixed!

CA is the best studio in the world, noone else would do this.

If you've reported it in the support forums I'm sure we're looking into it.
  • pannonianpannonian Banned Posts: 32Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    They didn't say 2% were having issues. They said 2% have REPORTED issues. English.
  • sisu07sisu07 Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the post. Seriously, it's straight forward in theory.
    1) Get rid of flags in open battles, they absolutely make terrain tactics useless and don't let us utilize the awesome line of sight feature you guys implemented.
    2) Stop having AI armies ignore my troops and walk into spears, or rush missile units into my troops to get to some stupid flag in a siege.
    3) Have AI armies correctly build, well armies. AI builds waaay too many skirmishers/support infantry and has little backbone.
    4) Battles are over in just minutes--more moral and less quick blob slaughters.
    5) Campaign AI is just weak all-around. I've invaded Italy 3 times to only find that Rome has ~4 small stack armies that individually attack me--this is on hard and very hard.
    Shogun 2 had far superior AI. I'm not trying to be malicious, but how on earth did you guys not see these issues in test? You guys have made awesome games and we absolutely love the TW series; however, the fact that you didn't disclose these issues to us beforehand really makes it feel like you stabbed us (your loyal and paying fans) in the back.
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,179Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    pannonian wrote: »
    They didn't say 2% were having issues. They said 2% have REPORTED issues. English.

So much this.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • AkkaAkka Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Instead of pointlessly battling about the exact percentage of people who have technical problems, you should report the things you consider broken in the game design to keep the thread informative.
    (and I'm speaking mainly to the community here, not CA)

Because the only thing that can save the game is if CA actually fix the DESIGN flaws, as even a flawlessly running RTW2 will still be boring and dumbed down if there is not core changes.
  • shipanda01shipanda01 Senior Member Posts: 206Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Styo wrote: »
    At least give us 1 free playable nation, after the game is playable.
    Yeahh!! :D
  • Germanicus75Germanicus75 Senior Member Posts: 143Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks, CA, for your support. We look forward to your patches and updates. Please ignore the simple complainers. Constructive criticism is what you need in order to improve this product. Not plain *****ing.
    edited September 2013
    Akka wrote: »
    Instead of pointlessly battling about the exact percentage of people who have technical problems, you should report the things you consider broken in the game design to keep the thread informative.

Stop bringing logic into this! Why would anyone report their issues in full detail?! CA should just fix them without having any background information :rolleyes:
    Grudge's Mods
  • FhreedFhreed Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited September 2013

I don't understand why it is relevant how many people are reporting problems... Putting it out there like 98% of the player base is having no problems at all. It is just a PR move it seems to me, like to throw people off on how bad of a state the game is in.
  • NorsaNorsa Senior Member Posts: 997Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for taking the time to write up this response!

For me, the gameplay issues are the most important, so i really hope some changes here are on the table!
    The two most important things for me are:
    1: The way to fast battles, able to skirmish whole armies to death due to high mortality and low morale
    2: The ai does not make armies (i play multiplayer campaigns, headsup with my friend. And we almost never get to do balanced fights when stepping in for the ai + fixing the out of synch/crashes in multiplayer)

I have alot of other points, but they are already summed up in a hundred threads by a hundred people so i wont repeat all of them. Im sure you guys already know about the most pressing issues from the community
    2%
  • sisu07sisu07 Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    Stop bringing logic into this! Why would anyone report their issues in full detail?! CA should just fix them without having any background information :rolleyes:
    I just clearly and expressly articulated 6 major AI issues.
  • misterbagginsmisterbaggins Member Posts: 52Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    How about just getting to actually start the game so I can play if it is at all possible?
  • CrackfoxCrackfox Senior Member Posts: 118Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This isn't really an apology is it?
    CA: Shameful Display!
    edited September 2013
    sisu07 wrote: »
    I just clearly and expressly articulated 6 major AI issues.

Good job. Now let's hope the mob will follow your lead.
    Grudge's Mods
  • RO37RO37 Senior Member Posts: 527Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Frankly, I'm just waiting for an AI patch before I play the campaign game again. Multiplayer, CK2, and CoH2 for me. The single player campaign is unplayable due to CAI.
  • NicolaihnsnNicolaihnsn Member Posts: 86Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Really nice to see CA trying to listen to their fan-base! Hopefully the patches will worth the and clear any complications we have seen so far in the game!
  • DzuariDzuari Member Posts: 68Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    You will see our community team dropping into threads to ask questions, please do chat to them, but even if you don’t see a response please do know that we look at the forums every day here and do appreciate what you have to say.

This makes me happy.
  • katakrokerkatakroker Senior Member Posts: 640Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    It would be great if IA makes armies (Legendary mode) to fight in battles and things like that...
    "2%"
  • War_HeroWar_Hero Senior Member Posts: 223Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This company really is the greatest.
    This...Is...Sparta!!!
  • Centurion10Centurion10 Senior Member Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    It's more like 70% are having major issues and 30% are lucky enough to not have them.
    I7 4770K

2x Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB SLI

8GB Ram 1866mhz

1000w Corsair RM
  • SijjilSijjil Senior Member Posts: 149Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Rome 2 is averaging 100,000 players, on metacritic so far 1001 user scores, almost 80% negative add to that those who don't go on metacritic and voice their opinion, I can see the 2-3%.
  • twirpdktwirpdk Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    So much this.

How about everyone that feel the game is badly optimized and encountered buggy AI go and post in the support forum?
    Hundreds of posts about the same issues, but at least they will be part of this amazing statistic.
  • MannyRomeMannyRome Member Posts: 76Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Filed for a refund.
  • Cobalt?Cobalt? Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I have had a great time with Rome 2 Total War, no technical problems whatsoever, but it was disappointing to hear that many others had problems. I have faith that CA will resolve bugs in the future, and this apology reassures my faith in CA.
    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you."-Anonymous
  • twirpdktwirpdk Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    So you're 40 times more likely to dislike the game if you're a metacritic user.
    Happy fuzzy throw bunnies to patches, all go delete your metacritic account.
  • AngryJoeShowAngryJoeShow Senior Member Posts: 149Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Then where's your thread in the support forum Joe? You're surely contributing a lot. Yeahno.
    LOL. You think its my obligation to report all the issues with the game? and IN the support forum? For real? No wonder you guys are such nice beta testers.

But no honestly I have already forwarded a few issues by email to some people on & close to the dev team. Have you?
    Also, ive created two videos detailing specific game breaking bugs and glitches which some members on the CA staff have seen.

Anything else?
    Look I dont meant to be a ****, but when your game isnt working like it should, one you love, you kinda get a bit ****ed off. Especially when someone is all like, NOPE 2% are having issues, BUT I GUESS we will help all you 2%'ers.
    :mad: Angry Joe
    AngryJoeShow.com