Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sorry From CA - Current State of the Game and What Happens Next (06 Sep 2013)

Comments

• GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,179
    edited September 2013
    LOL. You think its my obligation to report all the issues with the game? and IN the support forum? For real? No wonder you guys are such nice beta testers.

But no honestly I have already forwarded a few issues by email to some devs. Have you? *burn*

Yeah, actually I have. I have reported tons of issues, posted replays and screenshots, benchmarks and detailed descriptions. CA has specifically asked to report issues in the support forum. Whether you're in imposter or not, you sure are bad at reading CA's statements.

Obviously you've not emailed anyone about issues. Posting in the support forums gains a lot more attention than emailing someone at CA.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • CakefishCakefish Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 183
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for update. I eagerly await the next patch. I have massive performance issues, can't get a stable framerate even on lowest graphical settings. In contrast, Shogun 2 performs like butter at Ultra settings. Intel Core i7-4800MQ and NVIDIA GTX 780M 4GB.
    Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2.7-4.0GHz
    8GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600MHz RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doeRegistered Users Posts: 1,144
    edited September 2013

Let not debate on the "number of people effected" by a poor Rome 2 Experience, because you will lose.
    Fix this game.

Hi Joe, we are looking into the issues that yourself and others have raised and we have a commitment to make sure that we deal with them. We're working flat out on fixes round the clock as we speak.
  • vladimusmaximusvladimusmaximus Member Registered Users Posts: 84
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for finally stepping up, I'm hoping your design team is scouring the forums for feedback; much of it seems to be common.
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doeRegistered Users Posts: 1,144
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for finally stepping up, I'm hoping your design team is scouring the forums for feedback; much of it seems to be common.

All of issues that people report are getting straight back to the development team, yes.
  • KaselKasel Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    We appreciate the apology, just fix the performance please, thank you!
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    edited September 2013
    CraigTW wrote: »
    All of issues that people report are getting straight back to the development team, yes.

Are they going to do something with it? The game runs just fine for me, but the combat is such a bad joke that after the first few engagements I quit the game. Crying inside.
  • LorimerLorimer Banned Banned Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2013
    to be fair - craigs actually online and responding

Wheres Matt ?
    edited September 2013
    Schepel wrote: »
    Are they going to do something with it? The game runs just fine for me, but the combat is such a bad joke that after the first few engagements I quit the game. Crying inside.

The guys are working on fixes for a few issues as we speak. Some will be quicker fixes than others.
    edited September 2013
    Pub on a friday ?
  • MannyRomeMannyRome Member Registered Users Posts: 76
    edited September 2013
    Is going to be that hard to make the game playable for mid to low end pc's? Who did you design this game for? NASA? I get 5fps, and haven't been able to even move a unit 20 yards smoothly and it takes about 2 years. Performance is your main priority not hot-fixes.
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Moderators Posts: 5,227
    edited September 2013
    Lorimer wrote: »
    to be fair - craigs actually online and responding

Wheres Matt ?

Check the support forums. That is his home now. CA chained him there.
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
  • ThalesMMLThalesMML Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    Can you give updates daily in these first hard days/weeks?
  • SonicSafaisSonicSafais Member Registered Users Posts: 95
    edited September 2013
    I am giving you a chance CA, I want Rome 2 to work, I hope it won't take you too long until you resolve performance issues.

All I want is smooth, epic battles!
    ::Watch this Cinematic Rome 2 Machinima::
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=77C1FCK1AMA
  • redxavierredxavier Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 114
    edited September 2013

Thanks Craig and all the others at CA.

After the Aliens Colonial Marines debacle, also by SEGA, it's refreshing to see some genuine eagerness to receive feedback, even negative.
  • Marcus OctaviusMarcus Octavius Member Registered Users Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for this message CA, We are all only human hope you guys can solve the errors quickly and get them resolved. It would be nice to get some daily updates that would dramatically improve the game play such as MPC getting the turns to process more quickly, I know many of my friends that got the game for that sole reason are not playing till that is fixed. And again slower combat would be great my spartan army just steam rolls, its great to see them do that but I want to appreciate all those combat animations you guys put into the game rather then catching just a glimpse of those animations before the enemy routes. Thanks again for all the hard work you guys are putting in.
  • EptesicusEptesicus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 422
    edited September 2013
    Craig, do you know the reason why even highly clocked modern i5's and i7's bottleneck everyones GPU's so much yet? CA really need to pin point this. The historical battle at Carthage for example runs awfully on low setting son an i5 2500K at 4.4GHZ and a GTX 670 ( i have two 670's but i know sli doesnt work yet). Low - extreme settings makes very little difference. There seems to be something inherently wrong with the code when there are more than 10 units on a battle map. If i zoom into any fairly large melee fights GPU usage will drop to as low as 25% on some occasions and the game will become a slideshow!

I really hope you are looking into this as it is the single biggest issue that is spoiling my enjoyment of this game.
  • EptesicusEptesicus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 422
    edited September 2013
    I am giving you a chance CA, I want Rome 2 to work, I hope it won't take you too long until you resolve performance issues.

All I want is smooth, epic battles!

1000x this. I cant even bare to start playing the game yet until performance is fixed.
  • L3gioXL3gioX Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    I have a question...I have the italian version of the game and in the box there is written "Completely in Italian" but troops, generals, agents, they all speak in english..so my question is: is this normal? Will we have a full italian audio translation?
    I hope you will answer my question.

Ps: Audio in the Prologue is all in italian
  • ZDTreefurZDTreefur Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 161
    edited September 2013
    Is this even a real response? The horrible grammar leads me to be skeptical.
  • AkkaAkka Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited September 2013
    The guys are working on fixes for a few issues as we speak. Some will be quicker fixes than others.
    Fixes for glitches, sure.
    But what about bad design decisions ? Will we see a rework of the core problems, or just a jury-rigging to make it hold until the next paid expansion ?
  • AngryJoeShowAngryJoeShow Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 149
    edited September 2013
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    Yeah, actually I have. I have reported tons of issues, posted replays and screenshots, benchmarks and detailed descriptions. CA has specifically asked to report issues in the support forum. Whether you're in imposter or not, you sure are bad at reading CA's statements.
    Thanks for all your hard work then. We both want the game back to its peak performance and potential.
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    Obviously you've not emailed anyone about issues. Posting in the support forums gains a lot more attention than emailing someone at CA.
    "Obviously" I havent, cuz? .....yea. Okay Grudge. That's cool if you don't believe me.
    Hi Joe, we are looking into the issues that yourself and others have raised and we have a commitment to make sure that we deal with them. We're working flat out on fixes round the clock as we speak.
    Sorry Craig, I just got a bit frustrated. I know you guys are working hard.
    :mad: Angry Joe
    AngryJoeShow.com
  • TheHandsyTheHandsy Member Registered Users Posts: 79
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for making an official statement. However, your latest patch has had the opposite effect on my game... It's lagging even more and has suddenly started to look a bit ugly, and Earth has turned into Mars. It's not unplayable at the moment which is why I'm not too concerned and believe you'll fix it. Just like the rest of the game's weird new features.
  • legion22legion22 Banned Banned Users Posts: 140
    edited September 2013
    I appreciate that it doesn’t help to know this if you are somebody having an issue, but the vast majority of people are running the game without problems. At the moment we are seeing 2% of people playing reporting a technical issue.

Utter ****. That people aren't reporting the fact that to play this game above "low" settings you apparently need some kind of hypothetical super computer from space as a technical issue, doesn't mean we don't have issues with it.
  • KarixKarix Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 231
    edited September 2013
    Im actually quite happy that CA has finally talked to us
  • Ico83Ico83 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 105
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for answer us.
    I hope you will fix this game as soon as possible, even If I perfectly know that you have a lot of work to do (specially on gameplay stuff).
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for all your hard work then. We both want the game back to its peak performance and potential.

Hey joe - spending my time between turn watching your shows - wished I saw it before I bought Defiance on Steam ....lol

Keep up the good work
  • ajwest24ajwest24 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    My game is running just fine. I would just like to know if you guys could slow down the fighting to the level of Medieval II pace. So the gameplay can feel more realistic and strategized.

Thanks
    edited September 2013
    Karix wrote: »
    Im actually quite happy that CA has finally talked to us

Sorry - cant resist : UK Guardian review influenced this much

C/N

Bet now :p
  • lexlugerlexluger Member Registered Users Posts: 87
    edited September 2013
    What SSE instructions does Rome II currently support? The main problem with the game seems to be CPU related. If game is only capable of using outdated SSE operations, it would severely limit cpu performance. Other games have had this problem, but few games truly require SSE 3 or better so issue rarely comes up.

If game doesn't at least support SSE 3, that should be changed. It would fix single biggest problem with game, which is the cpu bottleneck.