Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome 2 "Not Responding" After patch

Comments

• wilkes3061wilkes3061 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Where do i get this ****ed patch, am sick of the feckin game crashing
  • Jackal16VXJackal16VX Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Guys please try:

I was suffering from the game not responding at startup after downloading the abominable patch last Friday.

I created an account on these forums in order to personally thank Hardwaremaster for taking the time to solve this problem (at least for me); the "full lobotomy" worked like a charm for me!

Creative Assembly, get your s*** together and put this man who obviously knows more than you do on your staff.
  • DeathLDeathL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    I have this same problem, except it didn't start until after they released the Hotfix for the Red Sky problem, and as everyone else launcher starts and then I get stuck on the Total War Rome 2 Logo screen with the Intel, Sega, and CA logos going no where :(
  • TagerianTagerian Member Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    Guys please try:

LIGHT LOBOTOMY
    Try going to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2 and delete the following folders:

army_setups
    battle_preferences
    fx_cache
    ui_cache
    Scripts

FULL LOBOTOMY
    Delete entire R2 folder

(If you cant find Appdata or the R2 files, they may be hidden and Ctrl+F and search should find them. ALternatively you an go to contorl panel and globally make all files visible.)

For some reason I do not have the command file map...my appdata doesn't have that, and I can't find the files. Where in control panels would they let me access?? (Windows 7 Hme Premium x64)
  • TagerianTagerian Member Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    Found it...keeping my saves and wiping game clean for fresh install.
  • YoungAkiraYoungAkira Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    i have been able to play the game up until yesterday i was in a battle a small one and the game stopped responding and from then on it has not gone into the loading of the game am i going to have to sit through the horribly slow download again? i boought a game not a drain on my internet
  • TibeTibe Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited September 2013
    same problem, test every solution but work only one time and problme return anytime, please fix it
    adjusted this problem before other
  • GASPiGASPi Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 27
    edited September 2013
    GASPi wrote: »
    I have the same issue.
    before patch 1 --> it works but with lags and low textures
    after patch 1 --> black screen after click on "play" from launcher
    after patch 1 hotfix beta --> same black screen
    after reinstall + patch 1 --> after click on "play" from launcher --> w7 error "Rome 2 has stopped working" (attached file)

I am really dissapointed. From 3.9. I was not able to properly play :(.
    Finaly I found solution and be able to run game --> http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/85308-Total-War-Rome-II-Has-stopped-working?p=743867&viewfull=1#post743867
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K (3,4GHz???), CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO, MB: ASUS Z87-A, GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G, DDRAM: 2x4GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX X2 Grey Series, SSD: CRUCIAL M4 256GB + SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB HDD: SAMSUNG HD501LJ 500GB SATA, DVD-RW: ASUS DRW-24B1ST, SOUND: ASUS Xonar Phoebus + Logitech Z-2300 + Sony MDR-1RBT, CASE: Antec P183 black, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, LCD: 24" Dell P2414H
  • SandlemmingSandlemming Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Hi,

I have had the same problems with it not loading, I've re-booted so many times with no joy. Just found this thread and followed the instructions of what folders to delete, still no joy then deleted the Rome2 folder and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!! It only took me nearly 6 hours to get to play the game.

Make sure you check your graphics settings cos mine changed from what I had them set as.
    edited September 2013
    :( still can't play after today's patch :/ Tried all the fixes and still nothing. I hope they get this fixed sometime soon because this is all I want to play, but I can't get it to launch to play.
  • Juan_22Juan_22 Member Registered Users Posts: 46
    edited September 2013
    Verify your integrity cache files.
    edited September 2013
    Juan_22 wrote: »
    Verify your integrity cache files.
    I have, multiple times, I've installed the game twice, tried deleting a few of the files, it worked fine before they started patching everything. Now as most people here it won't load past the Rome 2 Screen.
  • cop3cop3 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    fixed the problem pretty **** simple if you have problems launching the game and it freezes or just sits there loading and it is marked not responding on your task manager.... very easy to fix same problem with so many games iv played hearts of iron 3 is the same stupid problem ok simple to fix make a new folder on your back ground leave it open. alright go to appdata/the creative assembly/rome 2 them grab all the stuff in that folder into the new folder launch the game after that and vala! done the game makes a brand new start of the game because all the info about it is wiped and it should start for anyone having that problem

ps sorry for the **** grammer im dyslexic and it sucks but hopefully it helps

cheers cop3 have a good one guys

reposting because i cant seem to see my post come up
  • stryker37stryker37 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    I performed the light lobotomy, no go

performed full - Fixed.
  • MrKaupoMrKaupo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 237
    edited September 2013
    I am so angry that with new patch you can't play old saved campaign. It's so annoying. After patch2.0 beta i often get "exe stoping working - don't send error".why would i want to start each weekend new one? If I have time to play maybe 70 turns?
  • trojanj6trojanj6 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    I'm glad some of you managed to fix it but I'm still having the same problem even after the full lobotomy. Red screen comes up, and I have this area in the middle here my blue loading cursor turns to a white arrow so I know it's not working still. I've reinstalled, verified game cache, nothing. If anyone can help that would be great. Haven't been able to play in days which is bullcrap.
  • sirdib1sirdib1 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Im having the same issue. It seems its the second patch. I'll be playing fine on high graphics for hours, then the game would crash and say not responding.

gtx 660
    i5 2400
    windows 7 64 bit
    8gb
  • lslaughterlslaughter Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Aynı sorun bendede var Yeteri kadar ingilizcem olmadığından türkce yazıyorum :)

En son gelen 3.patch ile oyuna girememeye başladım yanıt vermiyor hatası alıyorum. oyunu tekrar sildim yükledim ne yazıkki değişen birşey olmadı çözümü varsa öğrenmeyi merakla bekliyorum :)
  • oceanrageoceanrage Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 14
    edited October 2013
    fudge this, I'm eradicating the whole RTW2 folder and will reinstall this ***** of ****
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,173
    edited October 2013
    Stops responding for me too. Has been this way since patch 2 or 3 I think.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • LaucronLaucron Member Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited October 2013
    Thats exatly whats happening to me
  • kmickelzkmickelz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    Game was working fine minus some basic bug issues and glitches. Patch Downloaded today after 15 minutes. Clicked play, launcher came up, clicked Play, the title screen for Rome 2 with the crimson background loaded up then stopped there. Task manager said the program was not responding. Tried several more times, leaving it for longer and longer, with no effect. Uninstalled and re-installed the game. No effect. Verified the game content and files via Steam, nothing wrong there it said. Would really like to get back to my game.

Yea, sounds like the same issue im experiencing currently. Ive already logged 42 hours and would really like to get back to it as well.
    Im confident it is a serious patch issue.
  • kmickelzkmickelz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    Guys please try:

That completely worked as a fix!! I downloaded patch 4 and was getting the not responding issue at the loading screen.
    What I would recommend, is copy out your save games folder and you can re-paste them in after the new folders are generated, that way you dont lose all progress by doing the lobotomy!
    edited October 2013
    Wow, i tought i was the only one :l
  • Matthias CAMatthias CA Administrator UKRegistered Users Posts: 2,596
    edited October 2013
    Hi everyone,

Have can you confirm if you have any mods installed?

Could you as well link here your threads related to this issue please?

I would like to ask you to confirm in your thread the following troubleshootings have been completed (the following one as well) and give all information possible (including DxDiag and if available .mdmp files).

Thank you for your understanding,

Matthias
    PLEASE READ THIS THREAD BEFORE POSTING YOUR ISSUE ON THE SUPPORT FORUMS.

Need to contact us?

Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • altanneteropptattaltanneteropptatt Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 27
    edited October 2013
    This sorta happens to me too. Difference is that the "not responding" message displays just as I press play, then disappears and the game runs normal. Happens maybe 1 out of 7 times I run the game.
    I have 3 mods installed and it only startet happening after I installed the mods.
  • trentw1989trentw1989 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Guys please try:

Step 1)

LIGHT LOBOTOMY
    Try going to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2 and delete the following folders:

army_setups
    battle_preferences
    fx_cache
    ui_cache
    Scripts

FULL LOBOTOMY
    Delete entire R2 folder

(If you cant find Appdata or the R2 files, they may be hidden and Ctrl+F and search should find them. ALternatively you an go to contorl panel and globally make all files visible.)

This worked for me had to delete entire R2 folder so do it
    edited October 2013
    I made the full lobotomy, i deleted Rome2 with everything inside.
    The game still getting freezed at title screen, and when i try to close it it just get to a black screen.
  • Mobman777Mobman777 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    After patch 4 I haven't been able to play the game. It gets stuck on the red loading screen, then the white message comes up as Total War: Rome 2 has stopped responding. I have reinstalled it, verified it, done a full lobotomy on it and yet still no solution.

Might I also say that I ran out of disk space while downloading the Seleucid dlc patch and that may be one of the reasons for this balls up. But if anyone has the slightest idea on how to fix this then please inform me.
  • JaM1977JaM1977 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,793
    edited October 2013
    SOmething interesting happened to me last night.. I was playing the game, and suddently it Freezed, and was unresponsive.. I Alt-Tabed to desktop to kill the process and i found out my internet connection is down.. i have reseted the router, connection came up, and suddenly game started to respond.. Does Rome 2 require active internet connection to play the game? Sometimes i play it with steam offline, anyway it looks like network connection is checked when game already runs..
This discussion has been closed.