Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

So what happened to the eagle symbol for your army?

ts8lemonadets8lemonade MemberPosts: 101Registered Users
edited September 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Playing as Rome, I used to be able to have an eagle as the symbol for my legions. Now it's nowhere to be found. Bug in the patch maybe? I really kinda liked giving all my glorious legions the golden roman eagle. Hope it'll make it's return!
Post edited by ts8lemonade on

Comments

• kstrifekstrife Member Posts: 101Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Playing as Rome, I used to be able to have an eagle as the symbol for my legions. Now it's nowhere to be found. Bug in the patch maybe? I really kinda liked giving all my glorious legions the golden roman eagle. Hope it'll make it's return!

omg i thought i was going crazy i have this same problem ??? :S
  • ts8lemonadets8lemonade Member Posts: 101Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    kstrife wrote: »
    omg i thought i was going crazy i have this same problem ??? :S

Haha well glad to see I'm not the only one!
  • ZhijnZhijn Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    You can change your emblem under unit roosters if thats what has done it?.

rome2.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Yeah I know you can change it, but for whatever reason the eagle symbol is no longer an option for me. It was there originally when I started my campaign. I'm not sure when it changed, but perhaps with the first patch it bugged.

I'll try starting a new campaign as Rome and see if the eagle is there. Maybe my campaign just bugged out with the release of the patch.
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!, SuperAdmin, Community Team
    edited September 2013
    First I've heard of this, but I'll mention it to QA, thanks.
  • joezenderjoezender Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I've noticed that once you use one emblem for an army, it isn't available for other armies. I'm not sure if that's an accident or on purpose.
  • ZDTreefurZDTreefur Senior Member Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Is it perhaps that army died, so you have to revive that legacy to be able to field that specific emblem?
  • DalamarthDalamarth Senior Member Posts: 202Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I think the last two poster may be on to something...
    edited September 2013
    Okay, so after a little further experimentation here's my findings:

I haven't had an army destroyed so I am not able to re-instate an army.

My navies DO have the eagle symbol, they also have a wolf-symbol available to them that I have never had available to my army.

Raising a new army by recruiting a new general, the new army does not have the eagle symbol either.

Starting a new campaign the eagle is there to select for army (so maybe just my current playthrough is bugged in some way). However, there is no wolf available for army, only for navy (not sure if that's how it's supposed to be).

Not a huge deal or anything, but just kinda weird cause I liked having the Roman eagle.

joezender wrote: »
    I've noticed that once you use one emblem for an army, it isn't available for other armies. I'm not sure if that's an accident or on purpose.

This has not been the case in my experience. Previously I had the eagle selected for all four of my armies. With the eagle gone, I currently have the wreath-olive-branch-thing selected for all four of my armies. So I'm sure you can use the same symbol for multiple armies (unless you're not supposed to be able to and my game is bugged).
  • Vash The StampedeVash The Stampede Senior Member Posts: 533Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Okay, so after a little further experimentation here's my findings:

I haven't had an army destroyed so I am not able to re-instate an army.

My navies DO have the eagle symbol, they also have a wolf-symbol available to them that I have never had available to my army.

Raising a new army by recruiting a new general, the new army does not have the eagle symbol either.

Starting a new campaign the eagle is there to select for army (so maybe just my current playthrough is bugged in some way). However, there is no wolf available for army, only for navy (not sure if that's how it's supposed to be).

Not a huge deal or anything, but just kinda weird cause I liked having the Roman eagle.

I seem to get different amount # of symbols available to an army as it goes. Sometime they disappear then they come back.
    "the stone is strong, Bran told himself, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. So long as those remained, Winterfell remained. It was not dead, just broken. Like me, he thought. I’m not dead either."
  • esnobleesnoble Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Some factions also seem to have pretty few options. As Egypt, I think there are only 3 options total. It's kind of silly to have the feature if you don't have enough to keep them unique for each army. They should have done Roman numerals or something to make it clear at least.
  • Lord DezLord Dez Senior Member Posts: 120Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    joezender wrote: »

This has been my experience with the emblems so far. Personally, I'd like to have my legions marching The Eagle standard as well.
    "My GRANDMOTHER could take on this lot, so we should be fine!"
    -Pre-battle phrase from Rome: Total War
  • OsrosOsros Senior Member Posts: 1,057Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Problem is when you click the arrow it seem to skip over one or two at a time very quickly keep playing with the arrows back and forth you will see it , something is wrong with that scrolling.
    It is a lovely thing to live with great courage and to die leaving an everlasting fame,
    Macedonians!... Why do you retreat?!... Do you want to live forever?!
    In the name of Zeus!... ATTACK!

Rig: i7 3770k OC @ 4.5G, GTX780TI 3Gig, 16 Gig Ram, 120SSD, 1TB HD
    Rome 2: Nvidia Experience Optimization used. All settings VHigh to Ultra with Unit Size: Ultra
    Rome 2: In Game Benchmark @ FPS: Low 52, Average 76.6, High 129
  • OsrosOsros Senior Member Posts: 1,057Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Any one get roman eagle cohort on the battle map yet they have the cool eagle standard bearer, just saying.
    It is a lovely thing to live with great courage and to die leaving an everlasting fame,
    Macedonians!... Why do you retreat?!... Do you want to live forever?!
    In the name of Zeus!... ATTACK!

Rig: i7 3770k OC @ 4.5G, GTX780TI 3Gig, 16 Gig Ram, 120SSD, 1TB HD
    Rome 2: Nvidia Experience Optimization used. All settings VHigh to Ultra with Unit Size: Ultra
    Rome 2: In Game Benchmark @ FPS: Low 52, Average 76.6, High 129
  • PrimeDirectorPrimeDirector Member Posts: 40Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Osros wrote: »
    Problem is when you click the arrow it seem to skip over one or two at a time very quickly keep playing with the arrows back and forth you will see it , something is wrong with that scrolling.

This has been my experience as well and I think this is the answer
  • BorseBorse Senior Member Posts: 115Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I can select whatever symbol I want and when in battle they will still be waving around that bloody hand or whatever it is. Looks ugly :P
    edited September 2013
    Osros wrote: »

Yeah I have noticed this as well. If you click once, and wait about a second in between each subsequent click it will stop the 'skipping'. But I've clicked through slowly, fast-ly, all the way left and right; it's not that I'm just skipping over the eagle icon it's that it simply isn't there.
  • BlazingBlazing Senior Member Posts: 144Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Im playing as Pontus and now I can only use one, when previously I had like 3 symbol things. I wish there was more :(
    "As a horseman, I am a good horseman; as a bowman I am a good bowman.... as a spearman I am a good spearman, both as a foot soldier and as a horseman."
    - Inscription from Naqsh-i-Rustam
  • RizztRizzt Junior Member Posts: 18Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This happened to me to. I had every army use the Eagle. But i later noticed one of my army had the "golden ring" symbol. I tried to change but the eagle where no where to be found. And if I try to look if the eagle where on another army. And clicked the army. The eagle symbol on the campaign map disappear. Now they all just have the ring. Same happens with other various symbols.
  • Sierra419Sierra419 Senior Member Posts: 263Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I'm having the same problem. No where to be found. Its not in any current, past, or future legions. Also, whats up the with hand symbol being the standard during battles? Shouldnt that be the standard that you chose for that legion? Or at least default it to the Roman Eagle. Why a stupid hand? it bothers me
  • LerajeLeraje Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Having the same issue. By turn 100 I'm down to only 2 selectable symbols - crown and palm tree.
    edited September 2013
    Pure speculation: Maybe it is a bug where when one general dies (either in battle or natural causes) and you have to appoint a new one, the old symbol goes away with the deceased general.
  • CaeserCaeser Senior Member Posts: 592Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Started a new campaign

It's completely gone :(
  • GelstonGelston Senior Member Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Borse wrote: »
    I can select whatever symbol I want and when in battle they will still be waving around that bloody hand or whatever it is. Looks ugly :P

Same for me. Does it change that hand symbol on anyone else in a battle? Mine never has.
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Posts: 326Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This really bugged me so I did some experimenting and figured out what was happening in the campaign at least.

Basically every time you raise an new army (including the armies you start with - also if you get a new army from confederation) that army will display an emblem on the model, but if you go into the Army details window a different emblem will be selected. As soon as this army is raised the Emblem displayed on the model becomes bugged and is no longer selectable.

For Example:
    Starting as Rome, you begin with two armies, one has Dog Symbol, the other has the Circle-Crescent - and both of these start off bugged (you cannot choose them- and they disappear as soon as you change the emblem in details). At this point you CAN choose all the others.

Now create a third army, it will spawn with a new symbol, say Spear-Laurel, and you guessed it, Spear-Laurel is now bugged and no longer selectable on any army.

This process goes on, every time you create an army, another army emblem becomes bugged and unselectable until you only have one left.

Once you are on you last emblem, if you create ANOTHER new army, you get all the symbols back again and you can set them as you wish. However at this point, do not create any NEW armies, or it will bug out another symbol and start the whole process again. Hope this helps someone else who is as picky about their standards as me, and can't wait for patch.

TL : DR - Keep bugging the emblems out by creating new armies, until you are down to one emblem, then create one MORE army, then don't ever create any new armies, only reinstate legacies. By now you should have quite a few legacies.
  • techavontechavon Junior Member Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Yeah I know you can change it, but for whatever reason the eagle symbol is no longer an option for me. It was there originally when I started my campaign. I'm not sure when it changed, but perhaps with the first patch it bugged.

I'll try starting a new campaign as Rome and see if the eagle is there. Maybe my campaign just bugged out with the release of the patch.

I encountered this problem and believe I know what's happening. When you click the arrows to cycle through the symbols it often skips a symbol or two. Cycling back and forth will sometimes allow you to select the eagle standard.
  • BloodlanceBloodlance Senior Member Posts: 840Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    good find OP

good indeed, thank you for reporting it

<3
    Bloodlance aka SG4tw
  • civildude892civildude892 Member Posts: 72Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Happening to me too. I only have two options left for my standards.
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Posts: 326Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    techavon wrote: »
    I encountered this problem and believe I know what's happening. When you click the arrows to cycle through the symbols it often skips a symbol or two. Cycling back and forth will sometimes allow you to select the eagle standard.

I haven't found cycling back and forth helps at all once the Emblems are bugged out, they simply aren't in the list anymore. Sometimes you accidentally skip over the Emblems that are in the list, but once they disappear I haven't had any come back by cycling through them.
    edited September 2013
    Just loaded up the Patch 2 beta, loaded my Rome campaign and still no eagle symbol :( Hopefully in the next patch it will be fixed.