Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Where is the 2nd patch you were supposed to release today?

Marshall NeyMarshall Ney Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 261
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I am waiting all day for this 2nd patch hoping it'd solve some of my game problems :(
I saw in 2 different sources that you said the 2nd patch is out today

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Total...9-381118.shtml

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-one-incoming/
-DigitalMGB-

GeForce GTX 570

Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @3.00 GHz

4 GB RAM
Post edited by Marshall Ney on

Comments

• OPsyduckOPsyduck Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    It's Friday. Post your sources.
  • drachenmauldrachenmaul Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 275
    edited September 2013
    Link to those sources please?
  • henri5henri5 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 156
    edited September 2013
    There is something slowly loading on my game, but it seems blocked due to too many downloads going on.
  • epic_159750290354zas2GHfepic_159750290354zas2GHf Senior Member Netherlands, Friesland, LeeuwardenRegistered Users Posts: 7,128
    edited September 2013
    No one has said a second patch would be released today. Several articles mentioned the patch 2 beta might be available on monday.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,486
    edited September 2013
    They *may* release it today. There's no promises for this kind of stuff.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    4TB NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • svehlic25svehlic25 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,174
    edited September 2013
    only a beta was suppose to be out today, not a official patch.
    MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon Z87 Socket 1150
    CPU: Intel i5 4670K at 4.4ghz OC
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition
    COOLING: Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W ATX Power Supply
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
  • greycatgreycat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,576
    edited September 2013
    They say updates on a weekly basis , but don't specifically say what day. It sounds to me that it would be on Friday, from the wording, but I could be wrong...
    The result is that the first update to the game will drop this Friday, with the intention to update the game on a weekly basis in the immediate future.
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    No one has said a second patch would be released today. Several articles mentioned the patch 2 beta might be available on monday.
  • Marshall NeyMarshall Ney Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 261
    edited September 2013
    Who's talking of official patches? It can even be Alpha I want fixes! :D
    -DigitalMGB-

GeForce GTX 570

4 GB RAM
  • WintermistWintermist Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,845
    edited September 2013
    It wasn't "supposed". Rumoured. Assumed.
  • wolverine101wolverine101 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 978
    edited September 2013
    I am waiting all day for this 2nd patch hoping it'd solve some of my game problems :(
    I saw in 2 different sources that you said the 2nd patch is out today

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Total...9-381118.shtml

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-one-incoming/

remember all dates and times are in their dates and times so they have until 5pm pacific time to release a patch and it will be a beta one anyways.
    edited September 2013
    Wintermist wrote: »
    It wasn't "supposed". Rumoured. Assumed.

"eveloper The Creative Assembly has confirmed that a second patch is set to be released as a beta on Monday, September 9" It's not rumored and no assumed bro.
    -DigitalMGB-

GeForce GTX 570

4 GB RAM
  • anubis4567anubis4567 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 500
    edited September 2013
    It isn't the end of Monday yet. And the patch may have issues and they may have to push it back. Never trust dates on patches.
    "The so called negative feedback is often love in disguise. Take full advantage''
  • CakefishCakefish Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 183
    edited September 2013
    Intel Core i7-4800MQ 2.7-4.0GHz
    8GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600MHz RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
  • Aurelian777Aurelian777 Senior Member Born and live in DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 1,688
    edited September 2013
    "eveloper The Creative Assembly has confirmed that a second patch is set to be released as a beta on Monday, September 9" It's not rumored and no assumed bro.

meh nvm :/
  • Elkantar1981Elkantar1981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 613
    edited September 2013
    maybe they just evac their building cause they fear the rampage of the non pre order customers what will come next xD
    edited September 2013
    Last I saw a post where it was said that it will come when it comes, in case they want to add more to it. So they didn't want to promise anything.
  • DaddieDaddie Member Registered Users Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    Guys.. be realistic.. As much as we all like a finished product, we should not push CA to work at weekends and give them time to create proper patches. The red sky problem was due a patch being pushed too soon.
    edited September 2013
    Daddie wrote: »
    Guys.. be realistic.. As much as we all like a finished product, we should not push CA to work at weekends and give them time to create proper patches. The red sky problem was due a patch being pushed too soon.
    I paid 60$ to a 'Alpha' like product, this is worth 30$ and not 60$ they might as well work all weekend to fix the problems, it's unheard of, it's like you receive a car which can't go above 60 KM/H.
    -DigitalMGB-

GeForce GTX 570

4 GB RAM
    edited September 2013
    This is true, the more they rush, the more they could implement new bugs. Patches can always be problematic.
  • punchline82punchline82 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 106
    edited September 2013
    Bull****. The only reason that we're all in the same boat is to CA released a game that was 68% done nothing. They're **** hurry as soon as possible.
  • HighlandBeefHighlandBeef Member Registered Users Posts: 60
    edited September 2013

Was that a joke? the game is literally unplayable for a good portion of people. While it is working "resonably well" for others, there are many whom it is not. They work at the weekends to fix the game because they know its a mess for many. No one pushed them to do anything of the sort. They are simply working their butts off (and rightfully so) to give people a playable version of what they paid for.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,486
    edited September 2013
    I paid 60$ to a 'Alpha' like product, this is worth 30$ and not 60$ they might as well work all weekend to fix the problems, it's unheard of, it's like you receive a car which can't go above 60 KM/H.
    This is very "heard of". CA was known for this kind of thing, whether it's the nature of the game, management, or the coders themselves , it was known. May games are released like this. If you don't like it, never buy from Sega/CA again. They're not going to give you your money back and/or fix it overnight.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    4TB NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    edited September 2013
    cause every program released as 1.0 is perfect. :rolleyes:
    Bull****. The only reason that we're all in the same boat is to CA released a game that was 68% done nothing. They're **** hurry as soon as possible.
    edited September 2013
    Actually SEGA published it, if SEGA did so they thought the game was finished and was supposed to be published. If SEGA had any quality control, they would not have published it yet. But they did.
  • punchline82punchline82 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 106
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

So i just finished a pretty long Skype chat with a friend of mine from and old mmo who coincidentally now works at SEGA. I'm not going to tell you who he is or what position he holds nor am I going to provide any verification of this claim in the form of progress reports, memos or any other kind of internal documentation as that is illegal.

What I will say to you is that he went into great detail on why Rome was released in the state it was in. The game was not ready and CA knew it was definately not even finished in the gameplay department. They had plans to implement all those missing features that caused the outcry: no family tree, guard mode, auto fire, unit formations. The game was completely rushed out in order to meet that deadline and I can tell you (again no proof of this but feel free to believe me or not) that there was a great deal of friction between the CA team and Sega.

It doesn't excuse the state of the game but at least I understand why the game is pretty much obviously half done. Also on the point of console port, he refused to comment so take that as you will.
    edited September 2013
    This is very "heard of". CA was known for this kind of thing, whether it's the nature of the game, management, or the coders themselves , it was known. May games are released like this. If you don't like it, never buy from Sega/CA again. They're not going to give you your money back and/or fix it overnight.

Even if they are known for it all the prev TW games weren't so unplayable and bugged. They can't demand 60 freaking hard earned dollars for such a broken game im sorry.
    -DigitalMGB-

GeForce GTX 570

4 GB RAM
  • HighlandBeefHighlandBeef Member Registered Users Posts: 60
    edited September 2013
    Wintermist wrote: »
    Actually SEGA published it, if SEGA did so they thought the game was finished and was supposed to be published. If SEGA had any quality control, they would not have published it yet. But they did.

This mess is basically SEGA's fault. Just look at Aliens: colonial marines and tell me this isn't SEGA's doing.
  • IndalusIndalus Member Registered Users Posts: 188
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

So i just finished a pretty long Skype chat with a friend of mine from and old mmo who coincidentally now works at SEGA. I'm not going to tell you who he is or what position he holds nor am I going to provide any verification of this claim in the form of progress reports, memos or any other kind of internal documentation as that is illegal.

What I will say to you is that he went into great detail on why Rome was released in the state it was in. The game was not ready and CA knew it was definately not even finished in the gameplay department. They had plans to implement all those missing features that caused the outcry: no family tree, guard mode, auto fire, unit formations. The game was completely rushed out in order to meet that deadline and I can tell you (again no proof of this but feel free to believe me or not) that there was a great deal of friction between the CA team and Sega.

It doesn't excuse the state of the game but at least I understand why the game is pretty much obviously half done. Also on the point of console port, he refused to comment so take that as you will.

This is copied from an old thread that CA has dismissed as being untrue.
  • anubis4567anubis4567 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 500
    edited September 2013
    This mess is basically SEGA's fault. Just look at Aliens: colonial marines and tell me this isn't SEGA's doing.

Evidence points to it being Gearbox's fault actually.
    "The so called negative feedback is often love in disguise. Take full advantage''