Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Patch 1.5 in BETA Today

Joey CAJoey CA Creative AssemblyPosts: 670Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited September 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Hi Everyone,

We have taken the decision to move back Patch 2 slightly to increase the amount of fixes included in it. We will have more news on it later this week.

Before then, Patch 1.5 will release which contains one important fix.

Patch 1.5 will enter public BETA testing today. It will not automatically update your game at this time, you can download it should you wish to participate in the BETA test by following the instructions below:

Patch 1.5 Contains one fix:
- Should improve Campaign Map frame rate in the majority of cases for those people with high-end graphics cards combined with mid-range CPUs. Those people who have noted high frame rates in battle but single-figure frame rates during Campaign Map play should see a notable increase in performance.
EDIT: In order for these changes to come into effect you must start a new campaign.

If you’d like to use it rather than wait for the official hotfix:

In your steam game library, right click Total War: Rome II. Then choose Properties and select the BETAS tab. Finally select “patch1.5” from the drop down list.

Please do be aware that this may not work or solve your specific issue and you take part in any beta tests at your own risk. If you do not wish to assume that risk please wait for the official live update.
Post edited by Joey CA on
The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Comments

• MurkyAssassinMurkyAssassin Senior Member Posts: 168Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    What about Battle lag fix?
  • Maximus ThraxMaximus Thrax Senior Member Posts: 1,946Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    let's see when i get past the 91%
    Don't go Ad Hominem
  • LoolPoopLoolPoop Senior Member Posts: 168Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    So does Patch 2 come in friday?
  • MurryMurry Member Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thx for the quick fix, i'll check it out as soon as possible.
  • Sharp.clSharp.cl Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you. Go Rome 2!
  • SheepSheep Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Or somthing to speed up the waiting between Turns?
  • AndersonBLUEAndersonBLUE Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I won't be playing until the turn times have been acceptably decreased in load times.
  • FitzpatrickFitzpatrick Senior Member Posts: 160Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    To CA are your patches focused on performence and removing bugs? Or removing unneeded content like destroying enemy gates with fire etc?
  • Fabiano1979Fabiano1979 Senior Member Posts: 139Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Sheep wrote: »
    Or somthing to speed up the waiting between Turns?
    This
  • Spionkop1Spionkop1 Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    edited September 2013
  • Cracked shieldCracked shield Member Posts: 79Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Is it save game compatible?
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 813Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Is that the only thing you are fixing in this patch?
    No retreat,No surrender! FORWARD!!
    Til Valhall!
  • HellhammerHellhammer Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    How about fixing the end turn crash?
  • Theta SigmaTheta Sigma Senior Member Posts: 388Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I do find it strange that this patch addresses one specific performance problem, but doesn't even touch on the relatively simply, straight-up bugs that have been reported all the last week:

- Testudo formation not working/increasing incoming missile damage
    - Fleets/armies clipping and getting stuck
    - Inability to attack blockaded settlements with land armies
    - the list goes on
    - and on
    - and on

One would think that these very straightforward gameplay bugs would be on a big list in the office, and ticked off one at a time, and could be therefore disposed of in a few hours as they're reported. Instead, a patch that just solves one particular performance issue?

Seems utterly peculiar to me.
  • IndalusIndalus Member Posts: 91Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Vastator wrote: »
    1.5? WTF name is this?

CA, hire a better "patch name" guy.

Really, what's the problem with 1.5? Decimals are used everywhere in numbers and patches for other games and mods use it too, like Stainless Steel 6.4.
  • greenmangreenman Senior Member Posts: 449Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I think we can expect something substantial in the actual patch, Path 1.5 is very misleading, it's very much a hotfix.
  • DalamarthDalamarth Senior Member Posts: 202Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    To CA are your patches focused on performence and removing bugs? Or removing unneeded content like destroying enemy gates with fire etc?

Quite obviously the former, until that is resolved.

Priorities, man.
  • {Legio-II}-Artorius{Legio-II}-Artorius Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Great, still no AI fix. Its not like the AI is the main grievance right now.
  • IndalusIndalus Member Posts: 91Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I do find it strange that this patch addresses one specific performance problem, but doesn't even touch on the relatively simply, straight-up bugs that have been reported all the last week:

- Testudo formation not working/increasing incoming missile damage
    - Fleets/armies clipping and getting stuck
    - Inability to attack blockaded settlements with land armies
    - the list goes on
    - and on
    - and on

One would think that these very straightforward gameplay bugs would be on a big list in the office, and ticked off one at a time, and could be therefore disposed of in a few hours as they're reported. Instead, a patch that just solves one particular performance issue?

Seems utterly peculiar to me.

This is sort of a hotfix for people who are having problems with the technical aspect of the game, the above fixes would probably be more suited for a full patch than a hotfix like this.
  • Joey CAJoey CA Creative Assembly Posts: 670Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    The patches will keep coming so the issues you are facing will get addressed. We're doing that as fast as we can and I'm going to get as much information as possible, so bare with me :)
    The Community Coordinator for Total War: WARHAMMER

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • AA43560AA43560 Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    If this is really the rate and kind of fixes we can expect from your "patches", then you guys are in a lot of trouble.
  • timothy1timothy1 Banned Posts: 168Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    Im going to test it now i hope PC does not explode
  • RewingedRewinged Senior Member Posts: 388Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you so much for this patch. I personally get acceptable frame rates on the campaign map but I'm sure this will help a lot of people. Keep up the hard work :)
    He that fights and runs away, May turn and fight another Day; But he that is in Battle slain, Will never rise to fight again.
  • DemongunnerDemongunner Member Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    And the haters just keep on hating. Read the guys OP ffs. Grow up.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first and the lesson after "
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 412Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    It's not the same people working on AI and on performance (And other aspects of the game.). They could have waited for the full patch before releasing anything, but they choose to push this small fix in right away since it was ready.

No point in asking more or complaining about the lacks of things in it. It doesn't mean that priorities are in the wrong place. It means that it's simply not ready.

It's called 1.5 because it's not quite patch 2, simple enough no?
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 670
    8gb ram
  • IzayIzay Banned Posts: 221Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, the patch didn't do jack. I still get spikes down to 14 FPS whenever I click on an agent and with a 680 coupled with a 4.7GHz 2500K I'm still forced to set unit detail and shadows to high to even get 20FPS in a melee...
    "I will either find a way, or make one"
    - Hannibal Barca
  • CarfaxCarfax Member Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    AA43560 wrote: »
    If this is really the rate and kind of fixes we can expect from your "patches", then you guys are in a lot of trouble.
    Yup, this.

Not to mention, the "fix" is so nondescript it's hilarious.

What's a mid-range CPU to you? A Haswell chip?
  • Theta SigmaTheta Sigma Senior Member Posts: 388Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Joey CA wrote: »
    The patches will keep coming so the issues you are facing will get addressed. We're doing that as fast as we can and I'm going to get as much information as possible, so bare with me :)

I think for the sake of everyone wondering, could you perhaps confirm what was said above - that patch 1.5 is pretty much a performance hotfix, and not representative of Patch 2 in terms of bug-fixing and any possible changes that might be coming this week or next?

It makes sense that this performance fix would be beta-tested quite early on, but the worry is that the huge list of pretty simple bugs is just not being addressed; whereas I suspect (and hope) that things as simple as 'testudo doesn't work' are on the list to be done for the actual patch later in the week.

I'd expect addressing gameplay issues and community discontent is secondary to getting bugs and technical things sorted out - but people are also very eager to here about certain very displeasing things, such as the 'torching gates', 'fast battles' and even things like the post-processing effects that seem to have appeared since older previews of the game, so I hope we can get some news at least on the broad direction soon.
  • ironman3112ironman3112 Senior Member Posts: 1,157Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Joey CA wrote: »

Will these patches address gameplay issues soon or just mainly bugs? By gameplay issues I mean dynamite torches that destroy metal gates making siege equipment useless, Cataphracts losing to barbarian noble horseman (balance issues), transport fleets beating regular fleets unless auto resolved etc etc.
  • DemongunnerDemongunner Member Posts: 60Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    if you read his original post you would quite clearly see he said that.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the test first and the lesson after "
This discussion has been closed.