Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rome 2 Going Console?

XionorXionor Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 24
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Info from http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?620184-Seems-to-be-coding-in-place-for-a-Radial-System

Options for Radial menus for Console Controllers exist in the game files. It's just set to "hidden" because apparently it aint ready yet, like everything else in the game.

x9CYGvB.png

The Total War series just died for the PC.
Post edited by Xionor on

Comments

• panzerwzhpanzerwzh Member Registered Users Posts: 96
    edited September 2013
    R.I.P. Total War, we had good times.
  • EptesicusEptesicus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 422
    edited September 2013
    Goodnight sweet prince.
  • AegrimAegrim Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    No more fun allowed.
  • willyum32willyum32 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 545
    edited September 2013
    Yeah that's a wrap for me as well.. shame
  • suShi4UsuShi4U Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 155
    edited September 2013
    WTF! I was going to grow old with you! G** D*** it!!!
    "Fear is only as deep as the mind allows." Japanese proverb

"Man will be what he was born to be: free and independent." JFK
  • yaca38yaca38 Member Registered Users Posts: 52
    edited September 2013
    See you in the hell ... *Shoots himself *
    THESE SHALL BE THE NAMES OF MY MIGHTY LEGIONS IN ROME II :

LEGIO 501 (in honour of the mighty clone troopers !)

LEGIO I ITALICA
    > LEGIO I METALLICA

LEGIO II AUGUSTA
    > LEGIO II PANTERA

LEGIO III CYRENEICA
    > LEGIO III MEGADETH (doesn't sound similar but ...)

and stuff like that ;)
  • FourWindsFourWinds Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 143
    edited September 2013
    Yeah....but,

Does it have to follow that the game will be 'dumbed-down' or 'streamlined' or 'simplified' or whatever else? I'm guessing the fear of this happening is what makes folks so worried here.

I just don't know, must it mean it's worse of a game? I do realise that almost always the interface will suffer, but must the core game too?

Mods fixed the Skyrim interface remember.
    You dun started fixing it up.
  • puffadderpuffadder Member Registered Users Posts: 47
    edited September 2013
    Is this really confirming a console release being experimented with? Is there no other explanation? In that case..

Nooo.jpg
  • kenw63kenw63 Member Registered Users Posts: 34
    edited September 2013
    So much for paranoia huh? Terrible move CA. :(
  • WulfcaenWulfcaen Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 437
    edited September 2013
    Do these replies even make sense? I presume the assumption is that something going over to a console market is going to kill all of it's complexity and promise?

The console market is desperately in need of good strategy, it would seem. However, this is far from definitive evidence. There has been no announcement; there have been no stated plans or marketing for it. It may just have been a notion they played around with.

On a sidenote; it's none of our business if CA chooses to expand their consumer base. I, personally, hope that they do. They need more money, more money generally means more time to develop, or more personnel working to develop a title. If you want better games, support their income.

The game is fabulous, besides. Consoles could use a game as good as Rome II.

Just sayin'.
    "Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder
  • skofuzskofuz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 120
    edited September 2013
    This was the last game I bought from CA and SEGA, dual platform games can go **** off
  • SporeduckSporeduck Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 767
    edited September 2013
    Calm the hell down already people - Radial menus are used in PC games just as much as they are on consoles...
  • anubis4567anubis4567 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 500
    edited September 2013
    FourWinds wrote: »
    Yeah....but,

Does it have to follow that the game will be 'dumbed-down' or 'streamlined' or 'simplified' or whatever else? I'm guessing the fear of this happening is what makes folks so worried here.

I just don't know, must it mean it's worse of a game. I do realise that almost always the interface will suffer, but must the core game too?

Mods fixed the Skyrim interface remember.

"magic" abilities
    faster battles
    capture flags

Its already happening.
    "The so called negative feedback is often love in disguise. Take full advantage''
    edited September 2013
    puffadder wrote: »
    Is this really confirming a console release being experimented with? Is there no other explanation? In that case..

Nooo.jpg

You use a radial menu when you don't have enough buttons. Keyboards do, controllers dont
  • KaiserfrontKaiserfront Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 878
    edited September 2013
    The console market is desperately in need of good strategy,
    If you want to play strategy, don't buy a ******g console. It's that simple.
    How to make Sieges great again:
    23svo7o.jpg
  • Imperator_MarciusImperator_Marcius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 155
    edited September 2013
    CA I'm telling you, release TW for consoles and I WILL NEVER BUY A GAME YOU'VE MADE AGAIN.
  • skofuzskofuz Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 120
    edited September 2013
    Wulfcaen wrote: »
    Do these replies even make sense? I presume the assumption is that something going over to a console market is going to kill all of it's complexity and promise?

The console market is desperately in need of good strategy, it would seem. However, this is far from definitive evidence. There has been no announcement; there have been no stated plans or marketing for it. It may just have been a notion they played around with.

On a sidenote; it's none of our business if CA chooses to expand their consumer base. I, personally, hope that they do. They need more money, more money generally means more time to develop, or more personnel working to develop a title. If you want better games, support their income.

Just sayin'.

Hey bro, this game had 40% higher budget, and look how it turned out. Another failed dual platform game, joining the ranks of Dark Souls and Fable III and god knows what other games have suffered from this ****
    edited September 2013
    People love to jump to conclusions. This is not the only possible explanation. It's also not the end of the world. It's also not our **** business.
    "Wise men profit more from fools than fools from wise men; for the wise men shun the mistakes of fools, but fools do not imitate the successes of the wise." - Cato the Elder
    edited September 2013
    skofuz wrote: »
    Hey bro, this game had 40% higher budget, and look how it turned out. Another failed dual platform game, joining the ranks of Dark Souls and Fable III and god knows what other games have suffered from this ****

Bro, I don't think it was failure. I've been playing for nearly 200 hours now. The game is fabulous. Have you even tried it out that much?

Half the complaints here at pedantic and nonsensical. "OMG, there's flags!" "They blob!" etc.

The game is fine.
    edited September 2013
    Wulfcaen wrote: »

Just sayin'.

There's nothing wrong with releasing a game on console. Its their game they could do whatever the hell they want, BUT when they start streamlining the PC game in order to make the transition easier, that's when you can bet you'll lose fans. Fast.
  • Lemonater47Lemonater47 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,372
    edited September 2013
    Its called a ******g port.

I mean come on guys.

And you gotta step into today. The fact that the PS4 and Xbox one is coming. Once again consoles are on par with PCs spec wise. So they don't need to dumb down the game in any way.

Its been a long time. 7 years ago. The times when ports we absolutely OK with the new consoles. PC to console, console to PC it didn't matter.

But as time went on PCs got better meaning PC games as a while didn't get much better.

You guys are either young or have forgotten the old days. And this is a post launch port. Not released on all platforms. At the same time.

Calm down guys and get real.
  • nullacknullack Member Registered Users Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    I would hope the PC build continues to not be a casual dumbed down console fest. Goodluck to CA if they want to milk a cash cow with another product. Keep it a separate product I say. The more profit CA has the more Devs it can hire and the more ambitious the projects can be into the future, provided they dont try to merge the two into one product.
  • perplexed_parthianperplexed_parthian Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 122
    edited September 2013
    All things must pass.

Back to backgammon for me.
  • ArvenidesArvenides Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 194
    edited September 2013
    And why Rome 2 exactly, CA? Why!? Couldn't you have waited a game at least before trying out something this risky?
  • KaiserfrontKaiserfront Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 878
    edited September 2013
    Bro, I don't think it was failure. I've been playing for nearly 200 hours now. The game is fabulous. Have you even tried it out that much?

Half the complaints here at pedantic and nonsensical. "OMG, there's flags!" "They blob!" etc.

The game is fine.
    On the one hand you're right. Most of the complains, like the blobbing is just happening, if you have units without the "stay in formation" feature.
    But on the other hand, you can't ignore the "weird" changes in the overall gameplay.
    How to make Sieges great again:
    23svo7o.jpg
  • punchline82punchline82 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 106
    edited September 2013
    **** it. No more Total War. This is it..
  • anubis4567anubis4567 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 500
    edited September 2013
    Its called a ******g port.

I mean come on guys.

And you gotta step into today. The fact that the PS4 and Xbox one is coming. Once again consoles are on par with PCs spec wise. So they don't need to dumb down the game in any way.

Its been a long time. 7 years ago. The times when ports we absolutely OK with the new consoles. PC to console, console to PC it didn't matter.

But as time went on PCs got better meaning PC games as a while didn't get much better.

You guys are either young or have forgotten the old days. And this is a post launch port. Not released on all platforms. At the same time.

Clan down guys and get real.

Its not about power, its about mechanics. You don't see starcraft on consoles.
    "The so called negative feedback is often love in disguise. Take full advantage''
  • worneswornes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 259
    edited September 2013
    Well I wouldn't understand having this game in consoles to be honest, I don't see how could one properly play it with a controller unless it was with the Wii controllers.
    That said, I don't think this confirms anything, but if they were testing now the game with us and polishing just to be able to launch a polished game for consoles for Christmas that'd be something we could get mad about yeah, but I still doubt that was the reason and seriously a radial menu can be used for many reasons, we need to wait and see what happens.

Also, how do we know that code is from the game?
    edited September 2013
    Aye, hysteria is the rule on the forums since launch. I hope this calms down. I'd like to talk about real gameplay mechanics some day. And how my Egyptian empire kicks in the teeth of Nabateans.

Mechanics don't have to be dumbed down. They haven't been, they've been streamlined. I can group units now and they actually march in formation. That's a plus, not a minus.

I don't think battles are faster than Shogun II, I think they're marginally slower. They can be modded to be much slower, I'm sure.

Capture flags aren't the end of the world. I have only seen these in field battles where the defending army was using forced march. So...huzzah.
  • vizzovizzo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 527
    edited September 2013
    Thank god we still have Paradox.
This discussion has been closed.