Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Second statement from CA on Rome II's release (11 Sep 2013)

Comments

• Ashbery76Ashbery76 Senior Member Posts: 604Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    A long as the game is supported to a good level I will be happy.I do not think the feature wise the game is far off from being good.Add guard,fire at will.Slow battle speeds and replace forced march capture points with massive morale penalty instead.
  • IzayIzay Banned Posts: 221Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    I am SO pleased with this! This behaviour is TRULY a step forward!
    "I will either find a way, or make one"
    - Hannibal Barca
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,178Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Stardog765 wrote: »
    Still nothing about the graphics quality for a lot of customers. Is that being addressed? Why does this game look so terrible for many people compared to pre-release screens? Why do you not bring this up?
    All the work arounds you have stated do not fix it. IS THIS BEING ADDRESSED?

ARRGH!

Read:
    The top priority is stability and performance

One thing at a time.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • BloodSpillerBloodSpiller Senior Member Posts: 539Registered Users
    edited September 2013
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Posts: 575Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Good.Thx mr.Mike for news.Just pls tell me-This patch change during time battle.Im expected more than 5 min battle.And sec-change passive AI on campaign map and battle AI?
    Many thx CA for any answer.
  • MesserMesser Member Posts: 91Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I like that you guys are listening and working on fixing things.
  • Anthony7411Anthony7411 Senior Member Posts: 123Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Happy to know the plans and structure of improvements that you guys will be doing! Greatly appreciated
  • RumblefishRumblefish Senior Member Posts: 419Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Very encouraging. Thanks for the post.
    This just might be the best thing that's happened to the TW series - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?680834-Ancient-Empires-Attila-202BC-Project-Outline
  • Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior Member Palermo, ItalyPosts: 1,619Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Mike CA wrote: »
    Lastly, I’m hoping we can fundamentally treat our releases differently in the future. Long open betas are the way things are going, and while that model hasn’t been compatible with the way Total War has been built to date, that could be the way forward.
    That's the way to go, CA.

I have just one question. I know you need to work on stability and performance first. Are CrossfireX and SLI included in this first step? Is someone at CA working on making the game work properly on dual GPU rigs? I don't want to know when you will make it work, I just want to know if you are working on it. Asked many times in different threads of these boards but no CA employees ever answered. Thanks Mike.
    Admin of Total War Games Italia Youtube channel
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
  • OshidoriOshidori Senior Member Posts: 141Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Way to go mike that was one hell of a nerve calming post!
  • SpectorSpector Senior Member Posts: 739Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Damage is done CA.

Damage control doesn't go into past tense. If you were not making Total War games for the last 10+ years and I wasn't playing them the same amount of time maybe I could believe you.

The next time SEGA starts cracking the whip over your heads maybe it would be better to take your CV to someone else while it still makes you look competent.
    Playing Total War since the original Shogun
  • fpsKoreanfpsKorean Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    With the risk of sounding as a jerk, but it's a tough question;

You were talking about future features that you might bring into the game, will this be brought into the game as DLCs or as free content? What's your take on the reputation and relationship with the consumer at this point when it comes to giving things and work away for free?

This is no criticism, just an honest question from a long loving Total War Medieval fan.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,427Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    again, fps, ai - Mike, why there is no mention about END TURN CRASH - loading time during end turn is one thing, nice and better and glorious fps duringf ights are great to - but what about end turn crash, it makes game unplayable - is it not time to fix one of the most VITAL points?
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• EisenhartEisenhart Senior Member Posts: 215Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you, sir!
    It is good to be able to see what your priorities are in terms of fixes. I'll be also looking forward to next patches.
    I came, I saw, I took a capture point.
  • Wargame2017Wargame2017 Senior Member Posts: 198Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for this and I do hope you fix the games bugs and return the features that are very important to the Total War francise.
  • Soslick22Soslick22 Senior Member Posts: 558Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    PLEASE try to get it so we can test the game for you, in an open beta. I don't know what keeps any developer from using such a diverse and dedicated resource, but please look into allowing that to become a reality. Even a month before release and I bet you would never have problems like this again.

Great news on all the patches, even with the issues I am loving this game so I can't imagine what it will be like if every issue I have gets fixed.
  • SceligatorSceligator Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    It's nice to see how far you are going for Rome2 CA.
    "Just...dooooo it!" - Shia Labeouf
  • Stardog765Stardog765 Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    All I am asking for is to know its being worked on. Yes we know what the problem is and it will be fixed.
    I have no heard that in regards to the terrible FSAA and textures. I have heard everything else is being worked on.

I just want to know it will be fixed, thats all.
  • vacaldervacalder Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    It's reassuring to hear communication from the higher ups. I'm still having fun but am looking forward to these patches. I agree changing development processes to incorporate user feedback and beta testing would be a good start. Thanks!
  • BaromanBaroman Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I for one appreciate the feedback and the acceptance of the games state, there is a lot to be done, i have faith it will be all sorted... just no DLC please.... unless ofc its expansions or huge game changing improvements like and extra 50 years added to the game or something :P ....Also the DLC as it stands is way to expensive for a culture that is core to the period of time... Keep it up... and lets work on this game as a community, make it great for everyone!!
  • XuneXune Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Releasing the prologue as a beta a month before release would have quashed almost all the bugs. It's good you are realising that reduced sales that would bring are better than conning people into pre-ordering then having to deal with the backlash that brings when the product is unfinished. You have/had a loyal fan base that would beta test the hell out of your future products so you can release quality products which gain a reputation for being polished. Instead of the current rep of "CA always releases bad games, give it a couple of months while they patch it up to standard"

That said. I really appreciate the dialogue as I'm sure does everyone else. For me the main issues are the easy/quick battles and the passive Ai on the very hard difficulty. I hope to hear more updates from you in the future.
    -Xune
  • curvzcurvz Senior Member Posts: 102Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the update, thats the most important part (aside from the patches). Looking forward to the next patch.
    My specs:
    GA-Z87X-OC, 4770k (4.2GHz), NH-D14, G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz CL3 16GB, 840Pro 256,
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX, Corsair AX860, Xonar Essence ST, AKG Q701, Define XL R2
  • DefiniaDefinia Member Posts: 36Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The thing i liked most about that statement is the 100 fixes in the up-coming patch, with 100s more in the next one! AWESOME!
    Chassis- Aerocool x-Warrior Blue LED
    Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V LX
    CPU - Intel i5 3570k CPU @ 3.40GHz
    RAM - Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
    HDD 1 - Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB
    HDD 2 - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM
    SSD - Samsung 840 Series 120GB
    GPU - Asus Geforce GTX 780 Direct CU-II OC Edition 3GB
    PSU - Corsair Builder Series 600W
  • MorrisBoy94MorrisBoy94 Junior Member Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    100 fixes in the next patch ? I hope to god that includes flag removals and AI actually putting up a fight. Not having a go, just saying.
  • HunterDareHunterDare Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I hope you can fix the very very long turn times. Its my only concern right now i cant play the game properly because of this.
  • MacGyverMacGyver Member Posts: 44Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Sounds good, nice to hear something. I'm looking forward to playing this game.
  • ArthanyelArthanyel Senior Member Posts: 137Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Aside from the not so game breaking bugs that the individuals within Creative Assembly are working so diligently to rectify. As a huge fan of all previous titles would like to personally thank you for the magnificent game that I have enjoyed every minute of. It may be cheesey to say but Rome wasn't built in a day. And any improvements that come out are just icing on a delicious cake. I hope you all know that we appreciate all the effort that Creative Assembly has put into this massive beast.
  • EptesicusEptesicus Senior Member Posts: 422Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I am glad you are focusing on stability and performance. That does seriously need addressing, especially performance!
  • djxputdjxput Senior Member Posts: 407Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for keeping us updated -

Im sure a lot of people would volunteer to test things out - weather they are AI testing or performance tests.
  • KnutKnut Senior Member Posts: 623Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    What I gleaned from this comment is that you picked out one sentence and ignored the rest of the entire statement.

No, I read the whole statement and they just casually mention that they might work on some gameplay issues sometime in the far, far future. And that they might implement some things like the family tree after a dialog with the community -- no doubt via some overpriced dlc.

I want to have faith in CA but after that release I feel betrayed. They didn't treat me like they should've. And their apologies never mention the sub-par gameplay or design. The reason I'm so jaded right now is because I just spent another hour playing Rome II and it was the most frustrating and annoying experience. I'll just stop playing for a while and hope CA makes good on their promise and makes it better.
    Stuck in the boom bap.