Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Second statement from CA on Rome II's release (11 Sep 2013)

Comments

• Add1ctedAdd1cted Senior Member Posts: 532Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    An idea:

Official CA polls to find out what we think of your new features. That way even the loudest of posters only get one vote, and those that sit back and wait without shouting their opinion as fact from the rooftop will have the same impact
  • blitzsnakeblitzsnake Senior Member Posts: 374Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Please end your collaboration with Sega. That company turns everything it touches into ashes.
  • TotmaniaTotmania Senior Member Posts: 252Users Awaiting Email Confirmation - NO EMAIL
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the info and you increased my hope for this game... Hope you guys know that, a lot of people still have terrible fps on campaing map after patch 1.5
  • greenmangreenman Senior Member Posts: 449Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    "Then minor bugs, lesser features that really didn’t pan out, UI improvements, and longer term adjustments to features and systems that could be better"

This does indeed, mean a lot.
  • only16percentonly16percent Senior Member Posts: 107Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    well i for one have straight up given up to play rome2 at the moment...i gues il try again in a month or so just to see how it has changed (if at all)...
    but lesson learned...next time when a TW comes out (and if im in the mood of buying it..) then il wait at least 1 month...so :)
  • romavictorromavictor Banned Posts: 227Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    Wow wonderful they will fix the bugs but not the broken gameplay. The bugs are annoying but its the ******ed gameplay that is game killing. its the battles that are over in 5 minutes the gates that can be burned down, the team killing from no auto throw button. The no guard mode the no garrisons decision. And a whole plethora of other game killing design flaws.
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,178Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    romavictor wrote: »
    Wow wonderful they will fix the bugs but not the broken gameplay. The bugs are annoying but its the ******ed gameplay that is game killing. its the battles that are over in 5 minutes the gates that can be burned down, the team killing from no auto throw button. The no guard mode the no garrisons decision. And a whole plethora of other game killing design flaws.

One thing at a time. They're working as fast as humanly possible.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • IndalusIndalus Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Really glad to see this, hopefully the performance issues will be fixed soon and I can start a new, proper campaign and have fun battles. GTA V is releasing next week but honestly I'm looking forward to Rome 2 being fixed more than GTA V! I want to be addicted to this game...just can't yet. :p
  • munusmunus Junior Member Posts: 20Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Sounds pretty good to me. I sincerly hope you can live up to it but I still have fate in you guys!
  • Tim_WardTim_Ward Senior Member Posts: 347Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    STATEMENT FROM A PERSON WHO PAID MONEY FOR ROME 2:
    This release has obviously not gone as planned for some people, and I want to apologise to everyone out there who had issues with the game, whether they were hardware issues or disappointment in the performance of game features. We obviously don’t plan to release a game with any bugs, performance and AI issues. How this has happened is something we’re beginning to post mortem in detail now.

I'll give you a clue, it started when you decided to release in September rather than October. No, let me rephrase that... it started when it was decided by "someone" (possible their name is "Ages" spelt backwards or maybe it really was CA's call? I honestly don't know) that the game would be released in September. I don't care how good your people are, rushing something like Rome 2 is always going to result in this kind of ***********.

If the September release really was imposed by "Ages" then you and everyone involved in the project has my deepest sympathies. Empire made me angry because it just felt like a game mad by people who didn't care. Rome 2 makes me sad because it feels like it was made by people who put everything into it but weren't given enough time to do the job properly.

I hope you are able to follow through on all the promises you've made since the release.

Good luck.
  • IndalusIndalus Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited September 2013

"Then minor bugs, lesser features that really didn’t pan out, UI improvements, and longer term adjustments to features and systems that could be better."

I'd say the battles could fall under "features and systems that could be better".
  • Bart_CABart_CA Creative Assembly Horsham, UKPosts: 350Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    karsomyr wrote: »
    Excuse me, but what about CTDs?

Are fixes for CTDs included in the word "STABILITY"??

Yes - and for everyone else asking "what about X issue?", if you have posted your technical issue in the support forum, then Mike's statement is intended to cover it.

Bart CA
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • King_of_SeleucidsKing_of_Seleucids Member Posts: 74Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    You guys are the best, keep the great work, i forgive you, but please don't dissapoin us like this in the future! :)
  • TSDTSD Member Posts: 74Registered Users
    edited September 2013

Did you not see where it was said gameplay issues will be addressed? Rightly so bugs and performance will be the priority items addressed at this time.
  • felixlulzfelixlulz Senior Member Posts: 219Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    awesome news !

next game i really wish you will release either a beta or a demo + i wish better communication with your fanbase while you guys are in the process of making the game so we can give our feedback for your ideas.
  • Crappius MaximusCrappius Maximus Senior Member Posts: 713Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    blitzsnake wrote: »
    Please end your collaboration with Sega. That company turns everything it touches into ashes.

Yeah! Sign up with EA.

Oh wait.
    What we do, we do for the glory of Cat! - Cattus Maximus A.D. 4

Post your campaign bugs here
    Post your battle issues here
    Want to know who the Devs are and where they've posted? Click here

Tired of the haters/flamers/trolls/fanboys/whiners? Simply:

1. Click on their name
    2. Click on view profile
    3. Choose Add to Ignore list
  • Bart_CABart_CA Creative Assembly Horsham, UKPosts: 350Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    Indalus wrote: »
    "Then minor bugs, lesser features that really didn’t pan out, UI improvements, and longer term adjustments to features and systems that could be better."

I'd say the battles could fall under "features and systems that could be better".

And you'd be right.
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • gamirmirgagamirmirga Member Posts: 87Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    to tell the true I am totally dissapointed with this game. I was waiting for years for rome 2 and then we get this. units can not stay in formation and battles are so confusing you can not control your units. no family tree. the ladders to attack walls are broken/ non functioning. the immersion is gone. and a large etc... the worst, I pre purchased the game!!!! never again!!!
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.
  • pimetopimeto Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This release has obviously not gone as planned for some people
    Yeah, for you guys at CA and Sega... for everyone else it is a nightmare.
    I hope you start thinking there and realize that this is not the way to threat your loyal fanbase!

AND bring back Avatar conquest multiplayer! Otherwise you loose!
  • Igor55Igor55 Senior Member Posts: 881Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Yes - and for everyone else asking "what about X issue?", if you have posted your technical issue in the support forum, then Mike's statement is intended to cover it.

Bart CA

I have a a collection of 8 MS WORD-sites regarding most bugs, wishes & community-opinions gathered in this forum. In which Sub-Forum shall I post it?
    My Top wishes for Rome 2:
    - Unit DLC: Pontus (needs Galatians) / Steppe tribes / Baktria (needs Indians) / Odrysian Kingdom / Armenia
    - Faction DLC: Cherusci, Helvetii,
    - Diplomacy/Clients: "annexing"-, "bribing-", "making peace with"- and "exchanging regions"-option
    - Depth/Features: family tree, deeper internal politics, ingame videos, historical events, late-game-tasks
    - UI: Bad! Fix skill and tech trees and make more atmosphere!
    - Fix sieges & blobbing and nerf agents!
  • King_of_SeleucidsKing_of_Seleucids Member Posts: 74Registered Users
    edited September 2013
  • dragonlightdragonlight Senior Member Posts: 2,840Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    your hotfix don't work. Still when you select units its lags.
    "Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear."

"Festina lente" (Make haste slowly)

My mini beast PC :

AMD FX 6120 6 core 3.5 Ghz
    10gb Ram
    EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC
  • Master of WarMaster of War Senior Member Posts: 925Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Yngve wrote: »
    Testing your games before you release them sounds like an excellent idea! I support that wholeheartedly.

Seconded!
    Bring back the drag and drop as it was in rome 2 without having to hold down the alt button.
  • LesithLesith Senior Member Posts: 155Registered Users
    edited September 2013

Bart CA

Correct but for the mpc it s not an issue it s a whole feature.

Any news about it ?
  • SukulakuSukulaku Senior Member Posts: 110Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Sounds good. Make it work :Tim:
  • FinrodFinrod Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    One can only pray.
  • TotmaniaTotmania Senior Member Posts: 252Users Awaiting Email Confirmation - NO EMAIL
    edited September 2013
    your hotfix don't work. Still when you select units its lags.
    +1 i get 15-20 fps on campaign map, but when i select units it go down to 10 fps
  • CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative Assembly Dat Horsham doePosts: 1,144Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Igor55 wrote: »
    I have a a collection of 8 MS WORD-sites regarding most bugs, wishes & community-opinions gathered in this forum. In which Sub-Forum shall I post it?

Please email it to me - [email protected]

Thanks
  • karsomyrkarsomyr Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I am relieved to hear that. Thx very much!
  • avpavpavp2avpavpavp2 Member Posts: 70Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    words are an easy thing, lets see the work....