Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Second statement from CA on Rome II's release (11 Sep 2013)

Comments

• ChefenChefen Member Posts: 49Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This is what most game companies need.. balls! Thanks for coming clean and stating that the most problematic thing in the game is gonna be taken care of soon... end turn time that is :)
  • Sgt Smith95Sgt Smith95 Senior Member Posts: 156Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Great work and this is what i have been asking for a list of what will be fixed and roughly when. Good on you CA for making the game playable before changing any gameplay mechanics.

You should sign up with Ubisoft or Microsoft They at least keep games the way that old fans like em.
  • Rommel41Rommel41 Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for some real encouragement!!!
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,345Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the update.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • NiscimbleNiscimble Member Posts: 68Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The thing that we want most as players - other than a perfectly stable game - is honesty from the developers. If you tell us what you are planning, it gives us something to chew on and look forward to.
    "There is no spoone."

- Teh Matricks
  • King_AzzoleKing_Azzole Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Craig or anyone at Creative Assembly; any chance of getting some co-op empire, or is that forever a lost dream? :cool:
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKPosts: 5,464Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Chefen wrote: »
    This is what most game companies need.. balls! Thanks for coming clean and stating that the most problematic thing in the game is gonna be taken care of soon... end turn time that is :)

Balls will be recognized when some of the bad design problems are straight up admitted and worked on.
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • Master of WarMaster of War Senior Member Posts: 925Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Mike CA wrote: »
    Lastly, I’m hoping we can fundamentally treat our releases differently in the future. Long open betas are the way things are going, and while that model hasn’t been compatible with the way Total War has been built to date, that could be the way forward.

I am sure a lot of us would love to beta test the games for you. We love these games to death. Constructive feed back would have saved a lot of heartache this time around.
    Bring back the drag and drop as it was in rome 2 without having to hold down the alt button.
  • hyperspeedehyperspeede Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    amazing, keep up the good work!
  • shifty88shifty88 Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Keep working on it CA. I figure your as disappointed as us with the game.
  • Welsh_DragonWelsh_Dragon Senior Member Great BritainPosts: 2,914Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Yes - and for everyone else asking "what about X issue?", if you have posted your technical issue in the support forum, then Mike's statement is intended to cover it.

Bart CA

Thanks Bart.
    CraigK CA wrote:
    I think Welsh Dragon knows too much...
    "You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment."
  • ThiagoThiago Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Is good to listen that you care about your fans and are treating the stability and perfomance issues as top priority
  • ElevinElevin Senior Member Posts: 157Registered Users
    edited September 2013

Lastly, I’m hoping we can fundamentally treat our releases differently in the future. Long open betas are the way things are going, and while that model hasn’t been compatible with the way Total War has been built to date, that could be the way forward.

This is the most sensible thing i've read to date.
  • JonniJonni Member Posts: 59Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    thanks for the post. Now just waiting for the AI difficulty to improve on legendary. Would be nice if it would be rly rly hard on legendary compared to the easy mode that legendary is at the moment. :/
  • King_RichardKing_Richard Senior Member Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Mackles wrote: »
    Balls will be recognized when some of the bad design problems are straight up admitted and worked on.

So now you're one of the haters too Mackles? Didn't excpect that from you...
    Dell Inspiron 7577
    CPU: i7 7700HQ
    GPU: GTX 1060 6Gb (w/ Max Q)
    RAM: 16Gb at 2400Mhz
  • WarGoatWarGoat Member Posts: 66Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Will the patches delay the release of downloadable content?
  • Ragnar LothbrokRagnar Lothbrok Senior Member Posts: 799Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the info :)
  • LanceXLanceX Member Posts: 70Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    They are reading the threads guys..give them 3-4 patches please.

Also please fix multiplayer campaign turn speed times
  • GShock112GShock112 Senior Member Posts: 288Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    That is a difficult statement to make and a realistic one, not to mention, the best possible.
    We as a community will help and it's in our interest to do so. I'd rather be an internal tester as in the past but it's ok as it is. :)

Much appreciated, thanks for the heads up.
  • ArieSholeArieShole Member Posts: 97Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Hi everyone,

Then we can start the kind of dialogue we always want to be having with the community – which new features you like, which you don’t like, which deleted features from previous games you really miss and so on. That’s a good conversation to be having, and since it’s our intention not to fall in to the trap of just re-skinning the previous game each time, it’s one that hopefully you’ll be having for years to come.

Mike Simpson
    Creative Director
    Creative Assembly

Mike this really concerns me, i know what you are getting from simplistic UI and not emerging features from previous games, in this case you can get us easier faction DLC packs to us because UI for all factions is the same. That is not acceptable to historical representation of the game. The UI is bread and butter of any faction in the game and their historical culture and art.
  • LesithLesith Senior Member Posts: 155Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    LanceX wrote: »
    They are reading the threads guys..give them 3-4 patches please.

Also please fix multiplayer campaign turn speed times

if only it was the turn speed , let s say fix the desyncs ( make it playable ) and look for the speed later.
  • wongtpwongtp Senior Member Posts: 245Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    since we already paid for it, let us beta test. things are alot easier to raise when tens of thousands people.

actually im just excited to know what the patches are and do, i hope it isnt a disappointing flop again.
  • Kraken93Kraken93 Senior Member Posts: 977Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Mike, this should calm the storm down a bit. Rome 2 still has a lot of potential, and if you bump up the quality to total war standard then it will be a superb title.
    I was asked to change my signature to something less provocative. This is Fitzgerald, the German bunny.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
  • KatsusandKatsusand Senior Member Posts: 234Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I just hope this has been a great lesson for the next Total War game.
  • IndalusIndalus Member Posts: 188Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    By the way CA, is it possible for you to warn us if upcoming patches that affect the campaign (like the turn time fix) will require a new campaign to take effect? So that we can save ourselves some time and perhaps play Custom Battles, Multiplayer or Historical Battles instead of spending time on a campaign that we have to restart before the update can take effect. :)
  • ToniMarinoToniMarino Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I like the new city building/province/city management style. I belive it is a lot more immersive, complex, developped, historically acurate and though through than previous total war games. I'm saying this because a lot of people talk about it a problem to be fixed or something that makes the game more "arcade" or something.
  • LesithLesith Senior Member Posts: 155Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    let me just add to help you understand the current desync for the multiplayer campaign is like if almost no one could host a multiplayer battle. I feel we have the right to get some details about incomming fixes.
  • ToniMarinoToniMarino Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Indalus wrote: »
    by the way ca, is it possible for you to warn us if upcoming patches that affect the campaign (like the turn time fix) will require a new campaign to take effect? So that we can save ourselves some time and perhaps play custom battles, multiplayer or historical battles instead of spending time on a campaign that we have to restart before the update can take effect. :)

yes!
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKPosts: 5,464Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    So now you're one of the haters too Mackles? Didn't excpect that from you...

Does it make me a hater for saying that I believe in actions, not words. Words are easy. I like this game, and I want to love it. It needs some serious work though, and I'm no longer sure if CA themselves are capable of addressing certain issues. I'm happy to be proved wrong though.
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
  • Hex_CaliberHex_Caliber Senior Member BirminghamPosts: 188Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    ArieShole wrote: »
    Mike this really concerns me, i know what you are getting from simplistic UI and not emerging features from previous games, in this case you can get us easier faction DLC packs to us because UI for all factions is the same. That is not acceptable to historical representation of the game. The UI is bread and butter of any faction in the game and their historical culture and art.
    In a word, B*******, a fixed single UI is probably the last thing I and I suspect many others could care about with regards to adding flavour to different factions.