Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Second statement from CA on Rome II's release (11 Sep 2013)

Comments

• LesithLesith Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 156
    edited September 2013
    Not a single word about the desync's?

Yes not a single word ... not good for the future ...

Well I m posting some advice on website ( english and french speaking ) to let people know they should not buy it if they plan to play mpc

not trolling just if someone told me before i made the stupid mistake to pre order , that the mpc was more broken than the one of empire I won t have preordered.

I feel ashame because i d have prefer to give this money to paradox interactive by buying europa universalis 4 ( which is rating around 9/10 by users ). I hope for paradox that it ll get a best strategy game of the year rewards.
  • svehlic25svehlic25 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,174
    edited September 2013
    awesome, news.
    Way to stick to your guns and admit some mistakes. the way to go.
    MOBO: ASUS Z87 Gryphon Z87 Socket 1150
    CPU: Intel i5 4670K at 4.4ghz OC
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780Ti Kingpin Classified Edition
    COOLING: Corsair H80i Liquid Cooler
    DRIVES: HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB 64MB Cache SATA3, SSD: Corsair Force Series GT 240GB SATA3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W ATX Power Supply
    CASE: NZXT PHANTOM Enthusiast ATX Full Tower
  • pants_marshallpants_marshall Member Registered Users Posts: 43
    edited September 2013
    open beta's, HORRAH!!!

welcome to the 21st century CA :D
    There are two types of people in this world - the have's and the have not's
  • JaM1977JaM1977 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,793
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Mike,really sounds promising, and i would also like to thank you for providing raw data to community so early, it really helped to adjust existing tools we had for Rome 2.
  • rakurairakurai Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6
    edited September 2013
    You're handling this great CA, keep it going.
  • Bluefox91Bluefox91 Member Registered Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2013
  • wrcromagnumwrcromagnum Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited September 2013
    Mike CA wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Lastly, I’m hoping we can fundamentally treat our releases differently in the future. Long open betas are the way things are going, and while that model hasn’t been compatible with the way Total War has been built to date, that could be the way forward.

Mike - thank you for the statement. This is a good explanation of what customers can expect, and hopefully this will squash some of the less-productive chatter on the boards about what should be in each patch. Thank you for acknowledging CA's mistakes, this shows true leadership.

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding open beta - this may not be SEGA's favorite thing, but it will really help you with both a smoother release and more gratitude from your fans. Technical & balancing issues are just so hard to smooth out without feedback from a large player base. Hopefully you guys are able to persuade the publishers!
  • Crestus MaximusCrestus Maximus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 207
    edited September 2013
    Mike CA wrote: »
    Lastly, I’m hoping we can fundamentally treat our releases differently in the future. Long open betas are the way things are going, and while that model hasn’t been compatible with the way Total War has been built to date, that could be the way forward.

I think that would be a great idea, a lot of smaller companies do it, Kerbal Space Program is a great example of how well it can go, anyway thank you for the information.
  • Ragnar BlackmaneRagnar Blackmane Banned Banned Users Posts: 43
    edited September 2013
    You didn't actually read the patch notes or anything else of his post for that matter did you?
    Did you read the patch notes? A boost to Campaign Map FPS, nothing else. As I said, they fixed nothing except for some slight FPS boosts for SOME people and some minor bugs (none of the absurd face bugs or AI or gameplay balance I might add).
    They promise us alot of stuff for the future. They did that as well before they released an unfinished and unpolished product with more bugs than Starship Troopers has.
  • EptesicusEptesicus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 422
    edited September 2013
    A couple of things i would really like confirmation on .

1.) Will SLI be enabled sometime soon? It makes no sense that it worked and scaled so well in Shogun 2 but now we dont have it?
    2.) PLEASE give us some more Anti aliasing options! You can as much work into the model,textures,details as you like but if it looks like an aliased mess and everything is hidden behind pixel noise and jaggies then it is utterly pointless!
    3.) No tessellation? Shogun 2 had it, this is 2013, why move backwards? It is in the script.txt file as well but it doesnt seem to work changing the line to "true". What is the reason for that?

If you can fix the performance and remove the awful, awful CPU bottleneck, enable SLI, give us some good Anti aliasing options then this will be a GREAT game to play and look at.

Seriously i was just playing the Carthage historical battle on a GTX 670. When it can be used, it isnt breaking a sweat, even on extreme, frame drops come from the GPU usage dropping to below 50%. If the GPU usage is above 75%, it is nice and smooth for the most part.

I can see there is a great looking game under this. Tessellate the walls like in your preview videos,give us some good anti aliasing like the preview videos, fix the stupid CPU bottleneck and to look at, at least this will be amazing.

You had it all in Shogun 2, lets have it back in this game please.
  • Chris42899Chris42899 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,028
    edited September 2013
    Great to hear you're working hard on performance updates & AI fixes. I hope once those patches are out I will be able to play a stable game without low FPS.
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,179
    edited September 2013
    Did you read the patch notes? A boost to Campaign Map FPS, nothing else. As I said, they fixed nothing except for some slight FPS boosts for SOME people and some minor bugs (none of the absurd face bugs or AI or gameplay balance I might add).
    They promise us alot of stuff for the future. They did that as well before they released an unfinished and unpolished product with more bugs than Starship Troopers has.

Read this: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/88210-Patch-1.5-in-BETA-Today

1.5 is just a hotfix inbetween patch 1 and patch 2.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • GorghorGorghor Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 11
    edited September 2013
    Just feel the need to confirm that Patch 1.5 made NO improvement whatsoever to my miserable campaign map performance.

i5 2500k @ 3,3ghz
    8GB DDR3 1600
    HD6950 2GB
    Core i5 - 2500k @ 3.3Ghz
    8GB DDR3 1600 CL9
    ATI HD6950 2GB
  • baz44331baz44331 Member Registered Users Posts: 121
    edited September 2013
    Well this is great news for all the community:). CA i am very happy with this. we will support you all the way! like all loyal fans.
  • WoollymammothWoollymammoth Banned Banned Users Posts: 206
    edited September 2013
    Good to hear.

It's appreciated. Thank you.
  • Maccy149Maccy149 Member Registered Users Posts: 76
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for the good feedback and action plan. I look forward to the future.
  • CaesarIICaesarII Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 171
    edited September 2013
    This is the kind of road map forward we've been looking for. Thank you for communicating it to us.
  • MalhardMalhard Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited September 2013
    Performance is the main goal, there are a lot of people who can hardly play beccause of the huge lags, the worst are in battle, more than campaign.

Exactly. If performance problems are resolved (especially in battles) the CA will have 70% of my faith restored.
  • DisconnectedDisconnected Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 122
    edited September 2013

It's the only thing they fixed because it was an easy thing to fix and was just slammed into an instant hotfix. I'm sure the actual patches wich people need right now like the AI being wonky are going to be full release patches, not single issue ones like this.
  • Noif1988Noif1988 Senior Member FinlandRegistered Users Posts: 593
    edited September 2013
    Good news, but it is better say than done. We are waiting your patches.
  • stnstn Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 227
    edited September 2013
    CA, lets make this game the best Total war game ever - together!

This game has HUGE potential, lets make it the masterpiece it deserves
  • Tomt90Tomt90 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 112
    edited September 2013
  • WraithdtWraithdt Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 204
    edited September 2013
    Jeez....tough crowd. Thanks for the post, Mike. Its encouraging to hear that you'll be closely supporting this game till its polished. I'll be looking forward to the patches. Keep up the hard work guys!
  • algorath123algorath123 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 132
    edited September 2013
    whatever blablabla. now we´re supposed to wait another who knows however many patches to fix the most basic things? gotta be kidding me.
  • CrackfoxCrackfox Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 118
    edited September 2013
    This is more like the apology we should have got from the start
    CA: Shameful Display!
  • Sirius 21Sirius 21 Senior Member Palermo, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,619
    edited September 2013
    Bart CA wrote: »
    Yes - and for everyone else asking "what about X issue?", if you have posted your technical issue in the support forum, then Mike's statement is intended to cover it.

Bart CA
    What about dual GPU support? I don't want to know when you will support it, just is anyone working on it?
    Admin of Total War Games Italia Youtube channel
    TWGI clan
    Steam Profile
    My system - Case: Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced - PSU: Corsair HX 1000W - Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe - CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - RAM: 6Gb Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz - Hard disks:Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb 10000 RPM and WD Caviar Green 2Tb 7200 RPM - GPUs: CrossfireX XFX HD6950 2Gb XXX Edition - Sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - DVD RW: Pioneer DVR-219L and Samsung SH-S223F
  • HoffmeisterHoffmeister Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 220
    edited September 2013
  • NateSMZNateSMZ Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 222
    edited September 2013
    +1 to CA

Open beta in the next title would restore my desire to preorder.
  • rooneyrooney Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited September 2013
    Looking forward to the time we're gonna be asked about the features we'd like returned to the game.....I think just about all of them, they've taken away all the features that made the TW franchise so great to start with! and made this the most boring game i've played in the last 10 years
  • Hanno The ExplorerHanno The Explorer Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 207
    edited September 2013
    Awesome news, ty CA