Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Fungal Joe

DiGzYDiGzY Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 109
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Fungal joe is more of an entertainer then a reviewer (I enjoy his channel as well) he made some valid points, which other reviews have made also.

He also just went off on one, high on energy drinks and subscriber numbers, I love the game and would be the first admit the game has/had some issues (getting stuck on AI turn was a game breaker for me) but overall you would have to be a fool not see just how great this game is and how amazing it could be.

CA please keep the patches coming and don't lose heart you have made something beautiful.
"The spear itself incites violence" -Homer Simpson
Post edited by DiGzY on

Comments

• XeonosXeonos Member Registered Users Posts: 36
    edited September 2013
    Fungal Joe?...

Anyway, watch the review properly, he stated that despite all the flaws, he enjoyed the game somehow.
  • TomzgenTomzgen Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 647
    edited September 2013
    Xeonos wrote: »
    Fungal Joe?...

Anyway, watch the review properly, he stated that despite all the flaws, he enjoyed the game somehow.

Indeed. His verdict is not that it is broken, but that it needs work. Just like you are saying.
    Whoever laughs last, thinks the slowest.
  • DiGzYDiGzY Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 109
    edited September 2013
    Read my comments properly first Xeonos, where did I say he did not enjoy the game;)
  • Crappius MaximusCrappius Maximus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 713
    edited September 2013
    Why are they all called Joe?
    What we do, we do for the glory of Cat! - Cattus Maximus A.D. 4

Post your campaign bugs here
    Post your battle issues here
    Want to know who the Devs are and where they've posted? Click here

Tired of the haters/flamers/trolls/fanboys/whiners? Simply:

1. Click on their name
    2. Click on view profile
    3. Choose Add to Ignore list
    edited September 2013
    DiGzY wrote: »
    Read my comments properly first Xeonos, where did I say he did not enjoy the game;)

Here:
    But overall you would have to be a fool not see just how great this game is and how amazing it could be.
  • Crestus MaximusCrestus Maximus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 207
    edited September 2013
    In my opinion he was bang on target, the screaming, shouting clown act is exactly that, an act, but he is very perceptive and knowledgeable on the subject of computer games, one of the few reviewers to be taken seriously.
    edited September 2013
    What is with all the Maximus's...
  • dorpendorpen Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 501
    edited September 2013

Made me chuckle.
  • Crestus MaximusCrestus Maximus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 207
    edited September 2013
    I'm guessing it's a result of new members signing up to the forum with Rome related words being the first thing on their minds, when asked to come up with a colour and a tool nine times out of ten people say "red hammer," it's just the way the brain works.
  • TomzgenTomzgen Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 647
    edited September 2013

I'm gonna go all latin grammar nazi on yow ***: Maximi!
    Whoever laughs last, thinks the slowest.
    edited September 2013
    How you got that from my comment I don't know but you do seem very angry aswell, I will call you Angry Xeonos

“Anger is a brief madness.” Horace
    edited September 2013
    Tomzgen wrote: »
    I'm gonna go all latin grammar nazi on yow ***: Maximi!

Grammar Krypteia..

(Can't think of a Roman secret police...)
  • diehard2222diehard2222 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 516
    edited September 2013
    How you got that from my comment I don't know but you do seem very angry aswell, I will call you Angry Xeonos

“Anger is a brief madness.” Horace

Because you're obviously implying that...

This is why people should stay in school.
  • CalmonCalmon Member Registered Users Posts: 69
    edited September 2013
    Fungal joe is more of an entertainer then a reviewer (I enjoy his channel as well) he made some valid points, which other reviews have made also.

He also just went off on one, high on energy drinks and subscriber numbers, I love the game and would be the first admit the game has/had some issues (getting stuck on AI turn was a game breaker for me) but overall you would have to be a fool not see just how great this game is and how amazing it could be.

CA please keep the patches coming and don't lose heart you have made something beautiful.

Because Rome 2 in its current state isn't enjoyable. Its unplayable if you focus to have a challenge.

Its like playing a chess game with nice graphic and the highest AI level you can play is 3 out of 10. A skilled chess player will not touch it.

Just except there are different people outside and Angry Joe is a player who wants to have a challenge like most of us. And yes having a challenge or not is also a question of your skill.
  • friendlydogfriendlydog Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 435
    edited September 2013
    Grammar Krypteia..

(Can't think of a Roman secret police...)

that would be the "frumentarii" afaik
    edited September 2013
    that would be the "frumentarii" afaik
    Thanks mate, more stuff to read...
    edited September 2013
    Your right am just going back to enjoying the game with my week off, just wanted CA to feel some love, later haters:D
    edited September 2013

lol.

They're copycats. There can be only one Maximus

1. Click on their name
    2. Click on view profile
    edited September 2013
    lol.

They're copycats. There can be only one Maximus

Yes, Jesikah Maximus..
  • dorpendorpen Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 501
    edited September 2013
    Your right am just going back to enjoying the game with my week off, just wanted CA to feel some love, later haters:D

Looks like we defeated the troll guys.
  • Maximus PrimeMaximus Prime Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    I'm guessing it's a result of new members signing up to the forum with Rome related words being the first thing on their minds, when asked to come up with a colour and a tool nine times out of ten people say "red hammer," it's just the way the brain works.

I disagree. I'm using this name since forever.

Anyway... We should hold some Maximus's reunion on this forums... I'll bring the food, someone get wine/ale, and others bring some fine wenches.
  • HistoricAphidHistoricAphid Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 173
    edited September 2013
    I have no problem with people defending the game based on its merits, of which I think it does have many. However, many of the defenders are white washing over the flaws or blaming other people's mindsets or their pcs.

I also wonder how long some defenders have played the game for. I played 50 hours of Carthage auto resolving but learning empire management and everything else and enjoyed it on a sub-par level, but then the wheels came off and simply walking over factions to finish the game just got boring. I played a further 15 hours mucking around with other factions, but not really playing the game as it should be.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,515
    edited September 2013
    Posts removed for inappropriate language.

Do not think for a moment that just because you are defending the game you can resort to trolling or insulting behaviour.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
    edited September 2013
    I disagree. I'm using this name since forever.

Anyway... We should hold some Maximus's reunion on this forums... I'll bring the food, someone get wine/ale, and others bring some fine wenches.

We'll party to the Maximus!

1. Click on their name
    2. Click on view profile
    edited September 2013
    At no point did I say it was released in a acceptable state but what I wanted to address was Angry Joes performance, where he pandered to his viewers.

"If Rome II were a gladiator, it would enter the arena as pyrotechnics flared and trumpets blared. Clad in the most beautiful armour in creation, it is the promised one, destined for greatness. Later in the day, having overcome many opponents, it would finally fall, its final opponent holding a sword to its throat. Watching on, only a very cruel emperor would point his thumb murder-wards. It deserves its victories but it’s hard not to think that if the armour it wore were less ornate, lighter and more flexible, then it may never have fallen at all" Adam smith Rock paper shotgun

With weekly patches promised from CA there's no reason why this game wont reach greatness.
  • Maximus PrimeMaximus Prime Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited September 2013
    With weekly patches promised from CA there's no reason why this game wont reach greatness.

Till then it should be judged for what it is right now. Don't you agree?
  • CtrlAltD1337CtrlAltD1337 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 26
    edited September 2013

Touchwood that's true, but that still has a problem with it - that it was released in a poor state.
  • HistoricAphidHistoricAphid Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 173
    edited September 2013
    At no point did I say it was released in a acceptable state but what I wanted to address was Angry Joes performance, where he pandered to his viewers.

"If Rome II were a gladiator, it would enter the arena as pyrotechnics flared and trumpets blared. Clad in the most beautiful armour in creation, it is the promised one, destined for greatness. Later in the day, having overcome many opponents, it would finally fall, its final opponent holding a sword to its throat. Watching on, only a very cruel emperor would point his thumb murder-wards. It deserves its victories but it’s hard not to think that if the armour it wore were less ornate, lighter and more flexible, then it may never have fallen at all" Adam smith Rock paper shotgun

If Rome 2 was a gladiator, the posters advertising him would show an epic armour clad killing machine. When he enters the arena he would have slightly marred armour a dodgy leg, a frontal lobotomy and an over the top affection for water.
    edited September 2013
    If Rome 2 was a gladiator, the posters advertising him would show an epic armour clad killing machine. When he enters the arena he would have slightly marred armour a dodgy leg, a frontal lobotomy and an over the top affection for water.

Sounds like if Gladiator was made by The Asylum

1. Click on their name
    2. Click on view profile
    edited September 2013
    I agree the game is not as good as it could or should be but compared to what? COD, angry birds, pacman.
    If you don't want simpler dumbed down games with no ambition or risk then give CA sometime to patch the game before you sentence it to death.
This discussion has been closed.