Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

total war: rome 2 not launching

polman97polman97 Junior MemberPosts: 20Registered Users
when I launch the game on steam the launcher is tiny and I cant scroll trough it, and when I press play, the launcher closes and the game doesn't start. after searching a while on the internet I found some possible solutions that said to delete some files from the total war rome 2 file in appdata, but there the only thing I found was a file that said:
Failed to open G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\manifest.txt for reading!
after some research I found out that the file does not exist...
I have tried to verify the integrity of the game cache on steam, but that didn't work either
any possible solutions?
sorry for the bad spelling/grammar but I'm not a native english speaker
Post edited by polman97 on

Comments

• bhbhbhbhbh3bhbhbhbhbh3 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    i have the same problem
    error message (from mod manager (100% sure it is not mod manager))

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

i have searched my computer for the file and i cannot find it, i assume that it is one of the startup scripts that is missing ... but why has it disappeared overnight?????

appreciate if someone could help
  • King RufusKing Rufus Senior Member HispaniaPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem... Posted my dxdiag in this other thread:

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/98955-Found-solution-for-game-crashing-after-hitting-launch.
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

My entrance into filmmaking. http://www.youtube.com/TripleGTrinity
  • Griffinator CAGriffinator CA Creative Assembly Posts: 506CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited October 2013
    Just so you are aware i have passed this one onto the relevant department,

This one is a bit beyond my ability to look into with any clear clarity,

Griff
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • King RufusKing Rufus Senior Member HispaniaPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Just so you are aware i have passed this one onto the relevant department,

This one is a bit beyond my ability to look into with any clear clarity,

Griff

Okay. Thank your very much for the effort Griff. :)
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

My entrance into filmmaking. http://www.youtube.com/TripleGTrinity