Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Transplanting components to new case

Daimyo TadekawaDaimyo Tadekawa Junior MemberPosts: 17Registered Users
edited March 2011 in Technology
Ok, i am being forced to move all the components in my pc to a new case, specifically, this one

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cit-1005-black-silver-mid-tower-case-with-500w-psu?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=google+shopping

I would like any tips on doing this and things i have to be careful about. What i would like to know is what holes are there for connectors at the back of the case for graphics card, monitor ect.

Thank you very much :)
Seven Samurai

Kanbei Shimada: "So. Again we are defeated. The farmers have won. Not us."
Post edited by Daimyo Tadekawa on

Comments

• AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited March 2011
    I already answered this by PM but basically it will be the same connectors from your motherboard and add on cards like your graphic card if you are transferring them over to your new case. The connectors come out of the back of your motherboard, and go through the I/O cover. Since you are using the same motherboard, the connectors will be the same as well. YOu will probably want the I/O cover from your old case, as usually the new case will not have a correct cover.

Since I know you are considering a new video card, you will also need to know what connectors IT has since it will be in place of your current card. Nearly all modern cards carry the dual DVI as their main monitor connector, so if your Monitor has a DVI connection, you just need a DVI cable. If you are currently using a VGA cable and do not have a DVI cable, you will probably need a DVI to VGA adapter. Sometimes your new card may include this, but more often they don't so you wll need to check if yours does or deos not and acquire one searately if not. If you can afford the DVI cable, that is actually slightly better, so long as both the card and the monitor have DVI sockets.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest