Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Remove Corpses ? make it better.

PhongHoVNPhongHoVN Junior MemberPosts: 10Registered Users
edited March 2011 in Technology
How can i remove dead bodys or make it as low detail ? my g73 lags like hell when those enemy stupid samurais attack in one small area ?
Can i use any boost soft to make my g73 run better with shogun 2 ? my spec is i7 740q turbo to 2.93 ghz, ati 5870 and 8gb ddr3 1333, i wish i would have money to buy a gaming desktop with nvidia vga.
Post edited by PhongHoVN on

Comments

• yeomanyeoman Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    you have a gaming laptop bro.lol. i have the same one. mine doesnt lag at all.
  • PhongHoVNPhongHoVN Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    i have no problem with the overheat could make my laptop run slower, i mean i did max on setting, so which one do you think i need to lower ? shadow, or visual effects ?
    edited March 2011
    yea dude. i play on ultra, and no problems so far. id go for lowering the graphics a little maybe medium high, and putting only the things you really want on max
  • Xar23Xar23 Senior Member Posts: 127Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Your graphics card is fine to handle the game. I have the same one in a desktop and have experienced ZERO performance issues. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's not your graphics card.
    edited March 2011
    thks for ur regarding guys, but anyway do you know how to remove dead bodys, i dont like them at all.
    edited March 2011
    i dont think you can completely. maybe a mod?
  • DarkSideHomeDarkSideHome Senior Member Posts: 1,549Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Dead bodies are removed automatically by the engine based on the usage of VRAM. The lower the VRAM resources the faster the bodies will disappear. Since most gaming laptops uses discrete memory (computer memory, not on-board graphics memory), you can try to lower the usage of off-board memory and so tricking the system into having less total VRAM.
    edited March 2011
    thks dude, that's good solution but.. i dont know how to lower the usage of off board memory lol.
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited March 2011
    The mobility 5870 is a 'discrete' card, meaning it is a separate card and will have dedicated ram, and unless it is turbocaching (which it isn't) will not be using any system ram.

Unfortunately like all mobility versions it is nowhere near the fairly capable desktop version, since it has to deal with lower power availability, and no place or good way to get rid of the heat more power would generate anyway. See this quote:
    Equally, the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 isn’t the equal of its desktop relative, thanks to the small dimensions of the card and the limited cooling ability of a laptop. While a desktop HD 5870 packs 1,600 stream processors into the GPU, which run at 850MHz, the laptop equivalent has half the number of stream processors and runs at 700MHz. However, the laptop GPU has more than half the number of transistors and a TDP of 50W, while the desktop card consumes 188W (ATI doesn’t quote directly comparable power and heat figures for the desktop and laptop parts).

However, with 800 stream processors, the Radeon Mobility HD 5870 is closer in configuration to the capable, but mid-range Radeon HD 5770 desktop card, although it has a slower GPU (700MHz compared to 850MHz).

1) You won't be lowering any memory settings.
    2) That card is not a desktop equivalent of a 5870, and is actually BELOW a 5770 in capability. That said, its still not a bad card, and the CPU and Ram setups are not too far off of what I have in my i7 desktop. Not many people got particularly good results on the highly UN optimized Demo, unless they were running top top cards. Even then they weren't impressive. Release version should run better, and in the meantime, my fav to turn off is shadows because I just HATE turning down unit count. After that, you can reduce some detail in Anisotropic details, and buildings and the like... There is no AA in the Demo, but in the game you can always keep that low or off.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest