Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Rome II suddenly won't start up?

Campbot 9000Campbot 9000 Senior MemberPosts: 193Registered Users
edited February 2014 in Compatibility Issues
The game has been fine since I played it upon release (staring it up that is) and all of a sudden the game just won't start up. I downloaded the radius mod and it still started up fine. I just downloaded the patch 2 beta and it was fine last night but all of a sudden I can't start the game up anymore :/. I tried checking the integrity of the game cache but it said all files were fine. Any suggestions?
Post edited by Campbot 9000 on

Comments

• GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 6,971Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited September 2013
    Does the launcher start? Or is the 'play' button in the launcher not working?
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • Campbot 9000Campbot 9000 Senior Member Posts: 193Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The launcher starts up except the very first screen loads and after that it stops responding, any help would be much appreciated. I removed all my mods but I still have this problem
    edited September 2013
    The very first screen with the Rome II title and Sega beneath that. If it isn't a problem with the mods, I'm guessing it would have to be with the patch2beta?
    edited September 2013
    has anyone else had this issue?
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 6,971Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited September 2013
    Could you please try to opt out of the beta, wait for the game to downgrade to its previous version, and then try starting the game again?

If this works, opt in the 2.0 beta once more, wait for the download, and see if Rome II is crashing again. If the beta patch is indeed crashing the game, report it here asap: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/154-Total-War-ROME-II-Patch-testing
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
    edited September 2013
    Cheers mate, yeah I will if it still doesn't work
    edited September 2013
    dam it still doesn't work after uninstalling the beta patch :/
  • Griffinator CAGriffinator CA Creative Assembly Posts: 504CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited September 2013
    Does it get stuck at the SEGA screen?,
    if so copy your saved games out of the appdata folder then delete the creative assembly folder and restart the game it will then be able to recreate these this should hopefully solve your problem.

Griff
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • innovationinnovation Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I have been experiencing the exact same issue... Ive deleted local game content and re-downloaded the game not once but two times... I'm deleting everything total war from my steam apps folder, couldn't find a creative assembly folder anywhere. I'll be attempting to re-install for a THIRD time...

The game was playing fine, after updating to patch 2 the game Hangs on the Sega "Don't steal this game" screen until I am forced to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill the process... Please help :(
  • innovationinnovation Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    **FIXED** by finding The Creative Assembly Folder and deleting it the game will proceed to the main menu! Thank you :D I wonder what caused the glitch... I unfortunately didn't keep a copy of my saved game, back to the drawing board.
  • SasquatchiusSasquatchius Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Will there be a patch coming out to fix this? I can't delete my saved files and still can't play after a week.
  • hederespartahederesparta Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Where can I find These appdata folder in order to delete the creative assembly folder??
  • Billy RuffianBilly Ruffian Moderator UKPosts: 25,271Registered Users, Moderators
    edited December 2013
    First unhide hidden folders, if not already done, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/show-hidden-files then hit the start button and type %appdata%. You should then see a folder called Roaming, inside of which is the Creative Assembly folder.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Dman1992Dman1992 Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited February 2014
    I just finished downloading Rome 2 here on Steam but when I run the game (for the first time) it just goes to a red square that doesn't take up the whole screen (just the centre) with the Rome 2 images on it and the little rotating circle (loading animation) goes round and round and the game won't go any further.
    At first I thought it was unpacking or configuring the downloaded content but it goes on for a long time. I can't get out with escape so I have to ctrl,Alt,Del and a box says 'Rome 2 not responding.
    I updated my gaphics card drivers so I don't know what the problem is.
  • NelurilNeluril Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited February 2014
    I suggest opening a new thread for the issue. It's difficult to track each problem if they are not in separate threads.
    Make sure to include DxDiag and check this sticky before posting.