Adorbs

Total War: ROME II, Patch 2 Live Now!

Comments

• PrimeGodistPrimeGodist Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    This patch is the most extensive to date. Really nice to see that you guys are taking this seriously and pumping out fixes.

So keep em coming until the game is fit as a fiddle. haha
  • rumblegrumbleg Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Sorry to be a pain but where is this so called patch? There are lots of forum quotes "PATCH 2 AVAILABLE NOW!" WHERE?!!!! For friggs sake!!!Just give me a page to go to to click on and down friggin load it! Don't just keep say "Available now!!!
  • [G-Shock][G-Shock] Senior Member Posts: 275Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Please CA:

when releasing future beta and patches keep in mind it's better to post the announcement and then keep the second post reserved for flash updates.

Typical questions:

1) Do i need to reinstall from beta 2 to patch 2? (answer: no)
    2) Do i need to restart campaign? (answer: most likely no)
    3) What is the changelist between beta 2 and patch 2? (answer: no changelist).

This for those who jump to the last post... I tried to summarize the 22 pages (so far) for everyone. :)
  • vladiatorvladiator Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I did a few quick custom battles with the new patch (unit vs unit) and did not see any "blobs" - the units held formation as well as one would hope. To date I have always played with Radious mod, so I have never experienced the blob in my battles. But I removed the Radious mod before I downloaded the patch and expected to see mob-style battles (which everyone seems to have been complaining about). Has anyone who has played the vanilla game noticed any difference in this respect?
  • Mr. XMr. X Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    My campain is still very laggy :(. Anyone that knows why?
  • NorsaNorsa Senior Member Posts: 948Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you, might take the lady out for a spin later today :)
    Any news regarding the contents of patch 3?

<--- really really want to like this game ^^
    2%
  • VisricVisric Member Posts: 78Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I love this new patch! The campaign map is now so smooth and AI turn is so fast that I can hardly blink before it's my turn again. Thank you so much, CA, keep up the good work. Rome 2 is an excellent game with all these patches it will be pure diamond. :)
  • IdomeneasIdomeneas Banned Posts: 39Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    Visric wrote: »
    I love this new patch! The campaign map is now so smooth and AI turn is so fast that I can hardly blink before it's my turn again. Thank you so much, CA, keep up the good work. Rome 2 is an excellent game with all these patches it will be pure diamond. :)

and before the rooster crows...
    a previous post of mine is comfirmed...
  • smoshiesmoshie Banned Posts: 136Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    RJHelms84 wrote: »
    WILL CA - Will you please respond to the recurring question in this thread: are there any changes between the beta and this final patch release? If so, what are they?

If there are no changes after a Beta, then that is very bizarre, especially considering the sheer bulk of issues people reported following its initial release. Please just give us straight answers, and don't just duck the questions out of embarrassment or somethin

I'm a die-hard total war fan, and I still have a lot of faith in you guys, and I love your games, but I'm getting a bit mythed now to be honest.

Agreed. Answer?
  • nicoberrios123nicoberrios123 Member Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Will the patch aply to the campaings that I started before the patch?
  • eh, noobisheh, noobish Member Posts: 62Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    do i need to start a new campaign in order for the patch to be effective

i do not get my cpu back for another couple days.. getting new equipment and such.
    on pin and needles to see if its gotten better. I left off with an Athenian Empire in the making.. then my gpu tapped out.. *****..
  • Mitchb202Mitchb202 Senior Member Posts: 125Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Omg all the people asking do i need to restart my campaign / download the proper patch if i have the beta

Please read others comments
  • TotmaniaTotmania Senior Member Posts: 252Users Awaiting Email Confirmation - NO EMAIL
    edited September 2013
    i still have terrible fps on campaign map and siege battles please fix this waiting for a fix since 3rd september, i cant even play this game this is really frustrating
  • alexandreagrgalexandreagrg Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    battering rams that are controlled by the AI still without attacking
  • blazehenrysonblazehenryson Member Posts: 48Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Thank you!
    Case: Antec 1200 V3 Monitor: Samsung S27A550H 27" x2 (Dual Monitors) MB: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3 CPU: Intel i7 2600k 3.4GHz (OC'd @ 4.4GHz) & Corsair Hydro H60 CPU Cooler HD: Samsung 840 Evo (250GB) SSD (C Drive) & WD Caviar 1TB 7200RPM x 2 (Storage) GPU: EVGA 460GTX 1GB SC EE X2 SLI RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1648MHz PSU: Corsair 850HX Sound Card: HT Omega Claro Plus+ Speakers: Logitech 5.1 X-530 DVD Burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST Blu-Ray Burner: ASUS BW-12B1LT OS: Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
  • enasteronenasteron Junior Member Posts: 25Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Great news devs. Thanks a lot guys.

Even if the game had it's flaws on release, things started get fixed rapidly with the patches. With community's beta testing and feedback, and devs fixing stuff, Rome II will be a really stunning title at the end, it's huge, deep and have great potential, all it needs is polishing and adjustment. Keep up :)
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.
  • KarasisKarasis Senior Member Posts: 180Registered Users
    edited September 2013
  • Centurion10Centurion10 Senior Member Posts: 161Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    this patch has done nothing for me performance wise , bug fixes are nothing to me as I cant even play the game!!!

i7 4770 k

GTX 770 4GB

8 GB RAM
    I7 4770K

2x Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB SLI

8GB Ram 1866mhz

1000w Corsair RM
  • VivaGladisVivaGladis Banned Posts: 241Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    enasteron wrote: »
    Great news devs. Thanks a lot guys.

Even if the game had it's flaws on release, things started get fixed rapidly with the patches. With community's beta testing and feedback, and devs fixing stuff, Rome II will be a really stunning title at the end, it's huge, deep and have great potential, all it needs is polishing and adjustment. Keep up :)

I wonder. People receive cookie for such posts?

Deep? Potential? dear god
    2% CLUB
  • AlumandoAlumando Senior Member Posts: 197Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    He said we are beta testers rofl
    We won't forget how you've messed up with R2TW SEGA!
  • dreamshgdreamshg Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I'm waiting for beta 3... this patch isn't enough to play rome 2.
  • TotmaniaTotmania Senior Member Posts: 252Users Awaiting Email Confirmation - NO EMAIL
    edited September 2013
    this patch has done nothing for me performance wise , bug fixes are nothing to me as I cant even play the game!!!

i7 4770 k

GTX 770 4GB

8 GB RAM
    Totally agreed
  • nicoberrios123nicoberrios123 Member Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Will CA wrote: »
    You shouldn't need to, but some fixes may require a new campaign to take effect.

-Will CA
    Which fixes?
  • aquilineaquiline Member Posts: 86Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    thnx..maybe can fix routing enemy units,,they ran towards my army not away from them, specially at siege battles, attacking units when shattered nd routing, they run inside the walled city which is awkward, nd the defenders when in route run outside :P also it would be nce if the "fight to the death" for cornered units is back :) thnx CA keep it up
    "If you want to hurt someone, do it with confidence! dont insult him with your half-hearted sympathies..."
  • ArchibaldArchibald Banned Posts: 278Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    So, to repeat the question from... a dozen pages ago: if you have the beta version of patch 2, do you still need to download the "official" patch? If yes - how?
    CPU: AMD Phenom II 4 x 3.4GHz
    GPU: GeForce GTX 650 2GB
    RAM: 12 GB
  • SalesmanSalesman Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Igor55 wrote: »
    Seriously Ca,... A single Modder is improving the game more in a day where your whole team need a week for. :D
    But since it's the same as the beta I only can repeat myself: Good fixes & adjustments, but slow down killing rate significantly.

I will also wait for playing a campaign until the worst bugs are gone and the main patches are implemented. By this speed I guess I can play the game in about 3 months. :P

I think just like you. One week and nothing changed, the impressive thought is to see lots of people givin thanks... hahaha
  • ravezaarravezaar Senior Member Posts: 182Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    VivaGladis wrote: »

So its your opinon or none ? ffs leave him alone
  • MaximusDecimus91MaximusDecimus91 Senior Member Posts: 141Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Perfomance is still ****. 2500k/GTX670 and i can barely play, no matter what the settings are.

AI is still dumb.

Battles are still to fast, and blobs are getting anoying!
  • SalesmanSalesman Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    RJHelms84 wrote: »
    WILL CA - Will you please respond to the recurring question in this thread: are there any changes between the beta and this final patch release? If so, what are they?

I'm a die-hard total war fan, and I still have a lot of faith in you guys, and I love your games, but I'm getting a bit mythed now to be honest.

More than 5 pages of this question and no answer at all... Yes CA, keep it up!!!
  • SijjilSijjil Senior Member Posts: 149Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    VivaGladis wrote: »

God forbid someone should hold a different opinion/taste. Yep everyone different is a corporate chill.