Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shogun - problems and patches/new version

gn28gn28 Junior MemberPosts: 2Registered Users
edited January 2014 in SHOGUN: Total War
Hi Everyone,

I am a big fan of the original Shogun Warlord Edition. It has a simple yet dynamic gameplay, it does not require an internet connection and the campaigns are pretty random to keep you interested. Since I travel a lot, I do not have an internet connection most of the time and I would rather play a lightweight game like the first shogun. I also bought Shogun2, but it is way to graphics intensive for my liking and for my laptop.

I just switched from my old laptop to a new thin and light windows7 ultrabook (samsung 900X3F-K01) with a high resolution display (1920 x 1080), but I seem to have problems with my old and fun game (Shogun).
* On this intel HD Graphics 4000, the resolution gets stretched without respecting the normal ration so it looks awful
* The CPU is used substantially and, whenever I switch between the game and the another application, the CPU goes nuts and suddenly jumps to 80-90% load caused by the game. I guess the game was not optimized for these resolutions or new CPUs.
* Also, the in-game action on the turn based side is really slow so I have to hit the space bar to skip all the action which is really annoying because I can't see what happened in the nearby provinces.

Is there any chance a patch will be released to fix these issues or a new version of the game?

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by gn28 on

Comments

• gn28gn28 Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited January 2014
    Come on Devs, please throw all the fans of the series a bone in 2014 and come up with a patch to fix these minor (higher resolution support and modern cpu support) issues and, hopefully a small add-on with 1-3 campaigns since all they involve is a txt file or 3.

I would love to play the old Shogun with a new minimalist graphics engine so that it runs properly and with minimal resources on these modern ultrabooks and I would even pay for it again if it had 2-3 new campaigns, though I assume nobody cares anymore about the fans once they paid for a newer game. I bough the new versions of Shogun 2, but I still prefer the old one most of the time yet totalwar.com has no support for it anymore :(