Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

All forum members should at the least view.

SupdaelinSupdaelin BannedPosts: 6Banned Users
edited September 2013 in The Graveyard
So I was permabanned on my account name Sammael for posting a copy of Daelin4s response to me. This is the conversation I was banned for having with a moderator and daring to make it public knowledge. I was not aware that a willing message sent to me was under any kind of confidentiality contract nor that sharing that PM was a ban able offense.

private message removed.

I would also like to note the misspelled "publicizing" that was used for my "ban" which shows the guy typed it out himself(you know, since it isn't a violation of the terms)I fully accept that he will ban me within minutes of this post and simply want to share his actions with the rest of you since I will not be making any more profiles on this sham of a forum nor will I have any interest in buying any more CA products seeing as how this is how they allow themselves to be represented. Good luck with your game.
Post edited by Supdaelin on

Comments

• KarmineKarmine Senior Member Posts: 615Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Stop whining, he is right you are wrong. Accept the ban.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/40972-Campaign-AI-only-game-modded
    My Current Rome : Total War Campaign.... check out those pictures xD
    I modded all Factions to Religious Smith in behavior... that is all that is modded.
  • SupdaelinSupdaelin Banned Posts: 6Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    Karmine wrote: »
    Stop whining, he is right you are wrong. Accept the ban.

Lol ok buddy. I broke that nonexistent rule and I am wrong?
  • portugal1portugal1 Banned Posts: 568Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    message Shireknight
    edited September 2013
    Supdaelin wrote: »
    Lol ok buddy. I broke that nonexistent rule and I am wrong?

Yea, PM means PRIVATE Message. It is your fault for misreading PM as Public Message.
    You have no idea how much ****storm the Mods have to deal with, you are just adding extra annoyance at 'em.

I modded all Factions to Religious Smith in behavior... that is all that is modded.
  • ironman3112ironman3112 Senior Member Posts: 1,157Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    We shall remember you supdaelin. Regardless of whether you're right or wrong, its sad to see that the posts about totalbiscuits video were relegated to the off topic section of the forum, where it wont be viewed. But alas that's the way official forums go.
    Yea, PM means PRIVATE Message. It is your fault for misreading PM as Public Message.
    You have no idea how much ****storm the Mods have to deal with, you are just adding extra annoyance at 'em.

They don't have to deal with anything, they volenteer, if they don't like what they do they can resign. Simple enough.
    edited September 2013
    portugal1 wrote: »
    message Shireknight

Why? I mean seriously if they don't notice what this guys been doing tonight I'm not going to do their job for them. All I did was post his response to me and then got banned for posting how he called a ton of people idiots among other insults. I had nothing against the guy but he is doing some serious damage control.
  • MrDeceptiveMrDeceptive Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Very reasonable reaction Karmine.
    edited September 2013
    Why? I mean seriously if they don't notice what this guys been doing tonight I'm not going to do their job for them. All I did was post his response to me and then got banned for posting how he called a ton of people idiots among other insults. I had nothing against the guy but he is doing some serious damage control.

I just wanna add, he did not call them idiots and insult anyone. Read his respond again and you will see.

• MarkAntonyMarkAntony Senior Member Posts: 226Registered Users
    edited September 2013

Technically you were discussing moderator actions which is an infractable offense. Then again so is calling people idiots.
    edited September 2013
    We shall remember you supdaelin. Regardless of whether you're right or wrong, its sad to see that the posts about totalbiscuits video were relegated to the off topic section of the forum, where it wont be viewed. But alas that's the way official forums go.

They don't have to deal with anything, they volenteer, if they don't like what they do they can resign. Simple enough.

Much luv brotha we disagreed at first but I am sad I will no longer be able to contribute anything to the forum. I really want this game to get better and honestly feel it will but after this you can see how i'm outta here.
  • KidlegionareKidlegionare Senior Member Posts: 376Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I thought PM stands for PRIVATE messages, moderator or not is not cool dude to make public something that is supposed to be private
    edited September 2013
    I just wanna add, he did not call them idiots and insult anyone. Read his respond again and you will see.

Yeah, and their reactions are unwarranted. I close because there is another one already opened. If they're all idiots and believe otherwise, does that make it false?

What was that?
  • ironman3112ironman3112 Senior Member Posts: 1,157Registered Users
    edited September 2013

I read his "respond" and he did, If I or you were to say that about pages Fanboys or Whiners, i'm sure we would get an infraction.
  • AohLegendAohLegend Senior Member Posts: 2,257Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I don't see either side as being right. You're not supposed to talk about moderator actions publicly,I think that you're supposed to pm a lead admin such as shireknight if you feel moderators are abusing their power. But he also shouldn't be calling everyone idiots...
    edited September 2013
    I thought PM stands for PRIVATE messages, moderator or not is not cool dude to make public something that is supposed to be private

That's the same mentality that lets murderers confess to killing someone and the lawyers fall back on that to give "no comment". Just because it was a pm doesn't mean what he said shouldn't be brought to light. Are you serious with this? Your mindset confounds me to be honest. A little more explanation might help. "It's a PM DON"T TELL ANYONE IZ A SECRET" isn't how most people would respond to what I said.
  • Liam25Liam25 Senior Member Posts: 180Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I've got a degree in English, and I'm having an extreme amount of trouble following what you're saying. What was false? If you've posted something off-topic and not related to the general discussion of Rome 2, it will be moved accordingly. That includes rants and raves, which in all honesty, your thread seemed to summarize quite well.

The moderation staff on this site generally seem more than fair, and completely un-idiotic, believe it or not.
    Roma die uno non aedificata est
  • KidlegionareKidlegionare Senior Member Posts: 376Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, and their reactions are unwarranted. I close because there is another one already opened. If they're all idiots and believe otherwise, does that make it false?

What was that?

And that’s the right thing, people complain to see the same thread over and over again, it’s called spamming, I saw threads here with that topic tons of times today.

I saw that video. We ALL already saw it; there is nothing to hide no wishy washy conspiracy here.
    edited September 2013

What was that?

"If they're all idiots and believe otherwise, does that make it false?"

What sort of statement is that ? Is it "They are all idiots and believe otherwise, but does that make it false ?"

Or is it "If they were all idiots and believe otherwise, does that make it false ?"

And you decided to argue with a mod about a single thread and kept on arguing with him and made Private Message with Mod public without asking him at all. Where is your logic ?

• AohLegendAohLegend Senior Member Posts: 2,257Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    That's the same mentality that lets murderers confess to killing someone and the lawyers fall back on that to give "no comment". Just because it was a pm doesn't mean what he said shouldn't be brought to light. Are you serious with this? Your mindset confounds me to be honest. A little more explanation might help. "It's a PM DON"T TELL ANYONE IZ A SECRET" isn't how most people would respond to what I said.
    I wouldn't compare this to murder, it's a bit ridiculous.
  • MarkAntonyMarkAntony Senior Member Posts: 226Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Liam25 wrote: »
    I've got a degree in English, and I'm having an extreme amount of trouble following what you're saying. What was false? If you've posted something off-topic and not related to the general discussion of Rome 2, it will be moved accordingly. That includes rants and raves, which in all honesty, your thread seemed to summarize quite well.

The moderation staff on this site generally seem more than fair, and completely un-idiotic, believe it or not.

The thread was about a video criticising the methods used to create Rome II. The thread was locked on the basis that such a thread already existed, however, the thread linked to did not contain the video. Consequently several more threads were created linking to the video and were subsequently locked.
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,189Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Oh hi Sammael.

Bye I guess.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 7,094
    edited September 2013
    Supdaelin, if you had the time to write this thread then you had the time to PM myself or Dionysius regarding this matter rather than take it public in order to make a scene about it.

We don't deal with forum business in this way, thread closed and moved to the graveyard and your new phantom account banned.

Shire
This discussion has been closed.