Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA's Big Secret

2»

Comments

• ironman3112ironman3112 Senior Member Posts: 1,157Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Drowsy wrote: »
    Be that as it may OP, chances are 95% of the team that worked on R2 have now moved to different projects. We will never get those '3 months' back. Expect band-aids from this point on or your gonna be disappointed.

That quote in your sig is pretty sweet, I'm taking it xD

as well, you're unfortunately right. CA won't be able to get as much done during these patches as they were during development , especially since it isn't going to be a very big priority for long.
  • Prince-Of-MacedonPrince-Of-Macedon Senior Member Posts: 525Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Be that as it may OP, chances are 95% of the team that worked on R2 have now moved to different projects. We will never get those '3 months' back. Expect band-aids from this point on or your gonna be disappointed.

Almost definitely CA are now working on their next title, which will probably come a few years down the line. Using the Rome 2 money to invest in another game, and I question whether they will actually fix the game in the way that we all want. As stated in an article, CA care about the Metacritic score more than making a game that is enjoyable to their loyal fanbase. As the stupid battle advisor says 'This is a shameful display'..
    "I'm holding a burning torch. Your argument is invalid."
    Publius Cornelius Scipio at the siege of Carthage, 146 BC

Veni, Vidi, Patchi

Disclaimer: Not the YouTube POM, just an uncreative fan.
  • relleuMrelleuM Senior Member Posts: 109Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I don't think Sega has anything to do with the horrible release that is Rome 2. This is all CA. Those that want to point the finger at Sega just don't want to think their beloved CA have failed them. I love the previous total war games don't get me wrong but let's face it they have been going downhill. I barely played Shogun 2 because I just loathed the game in general. The engagement between troops lasted milliseconds till one unit was wavering. Rome 1 is one of my favorite games of all time and to see Rome 2 come out like this is a complete disappointment.

To back up what others have said, CA personally advised in interviews how much freedom Sega gives them. CA has also reported the freedom they have given their teams. These decisions came from CA. Some are good but most are bad. The AI, the UI, bad...

If anything you should now expect more involvement from Sega. They won't want this to happen again.
  • DodoDodo Banned Posts: 488Banned Users
    edited September 2013

They still have expansions to relase,and they cant relase expansions for a broken game.
    Team 2%
    "rume 2 iz de bast gem in histury lael"
  • longhornbulldozerlonghornbulldozer Junior Member Posts: 21Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    It is the current/future model for all game production. Release it early to create some revenue, finish it through patches post release, and hold back some material so that you can make some additional money soon after release while you create more dlc/xpansions.

It sucks but you can't blame the producers for trying to make a buck. BTW CA your game is pretty **** good.
  • ArsMoriendiArsMoriendi Junior Member Posts: 28Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    I also think that people need to stop blaming the 'evil publisher' for everything. Although it's easy to take that view (I did so myself), having read a few interviews and such it seems that CA had an awful lot of freedom with the game and a reasonable amount of clout with Sega. I'm just not so sure we should be so quick to blame the publisher, when it's entirely possible that CA's 'metacritic' approach may be the root of the real problem with this game.

agreed.

Also the people like the guy posting above me are the reason we have to all go through this.

"Quit being so cynical, now eat your ****"

They shouldn't be allowed to release an unfinished game as broken as this and missing so many things that were promised through all those hype adds.

It's basically fraud, in any other business this would be unacceptable ethics.

Anyone who went through Empire and thought the style had changed because Shogun2's release was miraculously okay got a big kick in the nuts, and reading on the forums that people are actually HAPPY with this and consider it acceptable business ethics make me feel so Anti-social.

Literally do not want to live on this planet anymore.
  • silveronesilverone Senior Member Posts: 165Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    CA needs to become an independent company. I don't care if it takes them 4 years to make another Total War, they need to break ties with Sega and be.....creative. They have a big enough fanbase to do this in my opinion, as long as they don't throw all the money into marketing again.

Yes, they could do this and they had enough fan base to sell enough game (to cover the expenses maybe and SURVIVE!).

But the reality is that everyone wanna make profit and earn money and this isn't just their hobby but doing it for their living also.
    That would make no sense if they would make their games only for their "niche market" fanbase.
    Those times are over, they are not in their early stage when they can be an "Indy" studio with a Title on this scale.
    Nobody can . Please show me one independent developer who has a title with the scale like this.

Do you think they could have such amout of money to finance a huge project like this without a publisher like SEGA who can pay for the expenses before they can earn some money with the final product? I don't.
    Even indy developers started a development model where you have to pay for early access to support them so they can develop their game to a final product.

Beside, without SEGA and such marketing they couldn't profit this much So why would they do that?

I don't like how the gaming market works these days either but we have to accept it if we would like to play huge titles like TW.
  • Marcus 123Marcus 123 Banned Posts: 50Banned Users
    edited September 2013
    I doubt CA gonna add new features to the game. It would require to reconsider a lot in game mechanics.
    They can be even called deleted features, not new.
    Only patches are possible, which means this game is dead.
  • friendlydogfriendlydog Senior Member Posts: 435Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Dodo wrote: »
    ... they cant relase expansions for a broken game.
    that's not a problem for CA. they did so with empire.
  • silveronesilverone Senior Member Posts: 165Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Marcus 123 wrote: »
    I doubt CA gonna add new features to the game. It would require to reconsider a lot in game mechanics.
    They can be even called deleted features, not new.
    Only patches are possible, which means this game is dead.

This game is not dead a lot of people enjoy it.
  • XanderleoXanderleo Senior Member Posts: 889Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    robs456 wrote: »
    What I like most is that the Big Secret is now out.
    What I like most is how conspiracy theorists make me laugh. Hey man, I'm not judging, whatever it takes to make you feel special.
  • KidlegionareKidlegionare Senior Member Posts: 376Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Yawn!

This thread is called “Big Secret”, but reading since the begging OP says things we are guessing since day one, were is the supposed “big secret” that Sherlock is discovered?

Publisher vs dev, time limits… this has been discussed 1000 times, and not only for this game and I see nothing new or especial here.

Just another useless bashing rant that doesn’t contribute to anyone, nor CA or gamers.
  • pavliczechpavliczech Senior Member Posts: 204Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    And they just HAD to make CPUs do all the job.... that is the worst decision they made.
  • dorpendorpen Senior Member Posts: 501Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    that's not a problem for CA. they did so with empire.

Beat me to it.
  • airborneguyairborneguy Senior Member Posts: 277Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    LoLsz CA is so bad at developing games
    2%Club
  • EptesicusEptesicus Senior Member Posts: 422Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    The real kick in the teeth is that because we all bought their marketing bull****, they have made a heap of money built on absolute lies:

Check this out:

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=214950q34330q4700q10500&from=0

Extraordinary rise in player base.
  • TrayvianTrayvian Senior Member Posts: 1,262Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    Still ten years of other total wars to play. Am enjoying playing them all again.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited September 2013
    Accusing the developer of deliberate fraud will not be permitted as that is outside of forum rules. That and various other comments that should levy infractions will be dealt with as I get around to them. For one thing much of this incessant whining is the same thing we have heard hundreds of times, is the worst sort of immature exaggeration, and in some cases is actionable. CLOSED ~Al
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
This discussion has been closed.