Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adorbs

Third Update to Total War: ROME II Now Live

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyDat Horsham doePosts: 1,141Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!, SuperAdmin, Community Team
edited October 2013 in Total War: ROME II
Third Update to Total War: ROME II Now Live

Automatically applied to the game client upon restarting, the third update to ROME II includes over 140 technical, gameplay, balancing and usability improvements.

Technical optimisations include Campaign performance improvements on some hardware configurations, fixes for UI flickering in SLI setups, and a significant multiplayer campaign-speed boost. There are many new gameplay improvements, such as alterations to the victory point system, and chiefly a reduction in the circumstances in which victory points appear in battles. For example, when the player is attacked while occupying a minor settlement (though not a provincial capital), a new Sally Forth button is available on the pre-battle panel, which enables the player’s army to fight the attackers in an open field battle without victory points.

Numerous other specific fixes are also included, and full patch notes can be found here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_Notes

Patch 4 enters public beta soon, with further technical optimisations and improvements to gameplay, balance and usability to come.

Assistance for anyone seeking to solve issues or improve the performance of ROME II on their system is available from the CA support team at http://www.totalwar.com/rome2support.
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• KarixKarix Senior Member Posts: 231Registered Users
    edited October 2013
  • TheDuyfkenTheDuyfken Senior Member Posts: 241Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Thanks, does it add on to the Beta in any way?
  • DaOneShotDaOneShot Senior Member Posts: 177Registered Users
    edited October 2013
  • spudgunspudgun Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Thanks
    "Such is life" Edward Kelly 1880
  • ironman3112ironman3112 Senior Member Posts: 1,157Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    interesting, thanks.
  • The CorinthianThe Corinthian Senior Member Swansea, WalesPosts: 253Registered Users
    edited October 2013
  • MaloreyMalorey Junior Member Posts: 22Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Now that's what you call an update! :)
  • oneilos77oneilos77 Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Downloading now! Thanks!
  • Praetor TiberiusPraetor Tiberius Senior Member Posts: 165Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    when are the seleucids out?
  • salamadersalamader Senior Member Posts: 171Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    " chiefly a reduction in the circumstances in which victory points appear in battles"

How about getting rid of them altogether? No one cares for them.

also why is Macedon pronounced Makedon?
  • EndovellicusEndovellicus Senior Member Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Let's see how it works. :)

I didn't download any beta patch, so I hope there are a lot changes.

EDIT: the patch notes cannot be seen. The page does not load.
  • YoungGrognardYoungGrognard Senior Member Posts: 197Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the update.
  • csilvacsilva Senior Member Posts: 807Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    i have the beta why cant i download the patch now ?
    Rome 2 finished campaigns .
    GC---Odrysian Kingdom, Lusitani , Cimmeria , Iceni , Baktria , Massagetae , Sparta ,Pergamon , Getae , Athens .
    HATG---Lusitani , Syracuse , Rome .
    IA----Lepidus .
    CIG---Nervii .
    WOS---Boiotian League
  • Walter ChangWalter Chang Senior Member Posts: 1,575Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Having played the Beta for a while now, I'm really starting to dislike the Forced March Ambush thing. Yes, it's better than the capture point battles, but it's a pretty ham-fisted way of fixing it. For example, one of my armies on forced march was 'ambushed' by an enemy who crossed several hundred miles of ocean before landing and attacking me on the same turn. It's just not right.

I hope a better solution to attacking armies on forced march can be found, because this just feels like a botched stop-gap.
  • EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 555Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Sounds great all craig! Keep up the good work! Hope you guys will learn from all the mistakes by the launch!
    Pro gloria Imperi!
  • EmperorOfRomeEmperorOfRome Senior Member Posts: 555Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    csilva wrote: »
    i have the beta why cant i download the patch now ?

Because the beta IS the update. It is only a "test" if it is a good patch.
    Pro gloria Imperi!
  • Greve Af GöteborgGreve Af Göteborg Senior Member Posts: 977Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Just make it so that the army that is in forced march starts out with all their units exhausted and lower morale than normal.
    That would be better than just forcing ambush battles or victory points.
    I was asked to change my signature to something less provocative. This is Fitzgerald, the German bunny.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
  • AxefaceAxeface Senior Member Posts: 806Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Thanks CraigTW, should I opt out of the beta and check integrity of game cache?

I hope a better solution to attacking armies on forced march can be found, because this just feels like a botched stop-gap.
    Like fatigue penalties and small morale penalty. I think that could work fine.
  • EptesicusEptesicus Senior Member Posts: 422Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    "fixes for UI flickering in SLI setups"

Um....what? How about getting SLI working first :confused:
  • FeldsalatFeldsalat Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Is it save-game compatible with Patch 3 BETA files ?
  • EriseusEriseus Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    salamader wrote: »
    " chiefly a reduction in the circumstances in which victory points appear in battles"

Greek pronounce maybe?
  • The Chocolate JesusThe Chocolate Jesus Senior Member Posts: 1,164Registered Users
    edited October 2013

Because this is the correct way to pronounce it. At least in that time frame.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • BleuitupBleuitup Senior Member ArgentinaPosts: 503Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Thanks!

ETA on predicted food values?
    Pls.
  • EndovellicusEndovellicus Senior Member Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    I still can't see the patch notes. ;)

Does the page work for you?

EDIT: now it works.
  • Gen.ShermanGen.Sherman Senior Member Posts: 557Registered Users
    edited October 2013

Because that is how it is actually pronounced;)

And thanks for the update. Keep em coming.
  • DP1982SKDP1982SK Senior Member Posts: 689Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Thanks.

One question though. I did not see any update on steam, does it mean that the last p3 beta update makes the p3 beta exactly the same as what was released, thus no updating to R2:TW?
  • WolarWolar Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    edited October 2013
  • imanubeimanube Senior Member Posts: 244Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    Having played the Beta for a while now, I'm really starting to dislike the Forced March Ambush thing. Yes, it's better than the capture point battles, but it's a pretty ham-fisted way of fixing it. For example, one of my armies on forced march was 'ambushed' by an enemy who crossed several hundred miles of ocean before landing and attacking me on the same turn. It's just not right.

one turn is one year so it could make sense that they were ambushed by that army. you take turns on the campaign so that is an unrealistic aspect that an ambush battle makes more realistic
    Since Rome I
  • xMaTx4xMaTx4 Member Posts: 93Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    thanks for the patch but, playing as parthia and having reloaded my campaign with the new balancing i have -200 food atm... bye bye campaign
    Holy shadows of the dead, I’m not to blame for your cruel and bitter fate, but the accursed rivalry which brought sister nations and brother people, to fight one another. I do not feel happy for this victory of mine. On the contrary, I would be glad, brothers, if I had all of you standing here next to me, since we are united by the same language, the same blood and the same visions. - Alexander the Great
  • AxefaceAxeface Senior Member Posts: 806Registered Users
    edited October 2013
    I just finished my first campaign, Economic Victory. 0.1% of people have that apparently. So good time to start a new one with a fresh patch.
    Now only if we had an eta on a political system of any (real) form, and the many other things that are missing :D