Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Message to the moderators.

Hero of FreedomHero of Freedom Senior MemberPosts: 678Registered Users
edited December 2013 in The Graveyard
I really don't want to tell you how to do you job, I'm only requesting that you start doing something about the spamming of complaints all over the forums.

I'll list the rules here just for some of you who don't know it(not pointing finger at moderators)

Forum rules

"2. You will post threads and replies only in the appropriate forum (please read the forum descriptions carefully before posting)."

I dunno about a lot of you, but I'm seeing non-stop people posting bugs and such on this forum. People should start receiving warnings and should not be able to post until they read the rules of the forum.

"3. You will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, is material of a sexual matter, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise unlawful. You will not use this board to express your religious or political views."

I'm seeing a lot of people posting non-stop false comments about the game, and most are over-exaggerating.

"11. Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher (for any developer or publisher) campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned. This includes links to online petitions, a form of protest that is particularly open to abuse."

I've seen a lot of these, people making polls bashing the game and the developer, yet most of them we're not removed.

Last but not least,

"12. Although feedback negative or positive concerning our products is welcome, unconstructive, inflammatory or deliberately provocative posts are not. If you want your post to be taken seriously then a polite, well-argued post will be well received and passed on to the developers. A post along the lines of "your games are rubbish and you are nothing but a bunch of money-grabbing corporate swine, let's all not buy any of your products and we'll try to damage your reputation" will be deleted and the poster will be banned (obviously)."

I litterally see this everytime I log onto this forum. I'm so tired of this that most of the time I come on the forums see 100+ posts on the front page, bashing the game and bashing the developers that I immediately close the webpage. It's just really sickening to see everytime.

Moderators need to start giving warning or infractions to these people bashing the game so hard and insulting the developers, or they need to all be moved to one thread. There are right now like 30+ threads just on bashing CIG right now, and nothing is being done about it. I'm tired of having to scroll back 5+ pages just to find a post I want to reply to or find for assistance.

If you're viewing this Mods, I'm not telling you how to do your job, I'm in no place to tell you how, I'm just asking that you up the antie a little and start doing something about these spams, and non-stop bashing of CA and the game.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.:)
There's a solution to everything.
My Tutorial on Modding, Part one, Part Two!
Post edited by Hero of Freedom on

Comments

• feldwebelfeldwebel Member Posts: 64Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    This topic is clearly a breach of forum rules. Please delete this thread. Mods...?
  • Ascendant JusticeAscendant Justice Senior Member Posts: 415Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    inb4lock.

Unfortunately this is all considered "General Discussion" as long as the forum guidelines are maintained. No matter how many threads people make to generally discuss how "bad" something is.
  • mcoffmmcoffm Senior Member Posts: 660Registered Users
    edited December 2013
  • Hero of FreedomHero of Freedom Senior Member Posts: 678Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    feldwebel wrote: »
    This topic is clearly a breach of forum rules. Please delete this thread. Mods...?

This is not, I have read the forum rules turally. I'm not talking about moderator actions against me or against anyone else. I'm simply asking them to up the ante a bit.
  • feldwebelfeldwebel Member Posts: 64Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    This is not, I have read the forum rules turally. I'm not talking about moderator actions against me or against anyone else. I'm simply asking them to up the ante a bit.

I wasn't aware of your expertise. We had best take your advice.
    edited December 2013
    inb4lock.

Unfortunately this is all considered "General Discussion" as long as the forum guidelines are maintained. No matter how many threads people make to generally discuss how "bad" something is.

Most are not, and I'm just tired of coming on here and almost being thrown into the obis of negatism.

Most are bashing CA and the Game, rarely are there some actually giving advice into how to fix the game.
  • Golden GonzoGolden Gonzo Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    When you were little, you didn't get along with the other kids your age did you?

Always telling on them to the teacher?

On a side note, how are we supposed to tell them how to fix something? For example, path finding being messed up, you think even .01% of the players would have the skills and know-how to suggest a good fix? Probably not.

So in the meantime we just tell them WHAT to fix, it is their job to figure out how.
  • MacklesMackles Senior Member UKPosts: 5,464Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    "2. You will post threads and replies only in the appropriate forum (please read the forum descriptions carefully before posting)."

Isn't this thread in the wrong forum?
    "Conquer, Punish, Enslave" - Words for the would-be Imperialists to live by!

Somewhere on that hill, its gonna get bloody contradictory between us and them real fast. - Anon
    edited December 2013
    When you were little, you didn't get along with the other kids your age did you?

Always telling on them to the teacher?

No it's just annoying comming on here and seeing the constant negative posts, bashing CA left and right. I wouldn't mind if they were put into on mega thread, but I mind when I have to go through countless of forum pages just to find 1 thread, because it's all burried under countless of bashing threads.
  • AohLegendAohLegend Senior Member Posts: 2,257Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    Mackles wrote: »
    Isn't this thread in the wrong forum?
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
  • TigTig Senior Member Posts: 820Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    This entire forum has been abandoned. It's a lawless wasteland of self entitled trolls, flamers, and people with the maturity of a dish sponge. I don't know why I come on here myself. I'm going back to reading Inferno. It's less bleak.
    The Indomitable Gaul 2.0. Brought to you by Total War Access.
    edited December 2013
    This entire forum has been abandoned. It's a lawless wasteland of self entitled trolls, flamers, and people with the maturity of a dish sponge. I don't know why I come on here myself. I'm going back to reading Inferno. It's less bleak.
    The lawlessness has gotten so bad that we're posting in the graveyard!
  • sdw1000sdw1000 Senior Member Posts: 623Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    what a stupid thread. If people are posting legitimate problems, then that's what the forum is for. I gree the amount of b*tching the last 3 months is insane. But don't try to discourage people from offering problems and concerns.
    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
    - William Tecumseh Sherman
    edited December 2013
    Just going to say, WOW.

Since my thread was moved to the graveyard, I'm just going to go on every thread now and if it's breaking rules going to report it, and if no moderators do anything about it, I'm going to inform CA about this.

Any thread that breaks the rules I will copy and paste the rules to it, and will work my hardest just to get it removed.

Mine gets moved to the graveyard breaking no rules and talking about the Rome II discussion thread, and the countless of bashing threads stays up.
    edited December 2013
    Just going to say, WOW.

Since my thread was moved to the graveyard, I'm just going to go on every thread now and if it's breaking rules going to report it, and if no moderators do anything about it, I'm going to inform CA about this.

Any thread that breaks the rules I will copy and paste the rules to it, and will work my hardest just to get it removed.

Mine gets moved to the graveyard breaking no rules and talking about the Rome II discussion thread, and the countless of bashing threads stays up.
    Actually your thread did break a rule. This was not about Rome 2, but about the threads with people *****ing. This should of been in off topic. And reporting it is ridiculous. I agree that the whining is out of hand but I've learned not to let it bother me. You will only have stooped down to their level by doing that.
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaPosts: 4,783Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    HoF, you are better off just ignoring all the *****ing and whining, it will eventually settle back down after a few months have passed, and if not, well, all we can do is ask the Moderators if they can make something with the forums to allow a sections for the Senior Members only.
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
  • jimglotjimglot Senior Member Posts: 1,023Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    This is like pet cemetery. Things end up here but are they really gone? (Que creepy music)
    There are only two types of ships. Submarines and Targets!

"Even the bloody queen don't rate cocoa!"
    Exclaimed by a young British submariner riding Crevalle (SS 291) when offered a cup of cocoa by the crew
This discussion has been closed.