Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How do you get veteran archers?

ApocoRavenApocoRaven Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1
I am wondering how one could get an archer unit of say, bow kachi, to become a veteran unit so i can upgrade it and change the colour and stuff. PLEASE HELP
Post edited by ApocoRaven on

Comments

• BMNOBLE981BMNOBLE981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,211
    edited February 2014
    The only ways for units to become veterans:

-Combat using the troops keeping them alive in battles allowing them to kill a lot of enemy troops.

-some buildings give varying bonuses such as improved Armour, speed, weapon damage and a few chevrons of experience

-in fall of the Samurai, merge the foreign expert agent with an army and he will reasonably quickly level the troops in the army up.

as for changing unit colour and stuff aside from mods you can't change the way the units look in the campaign, they look exactly the same the only difference is the Chevrons representing unit experience on the unit card.

the experience just increases a units stats as they become veteran soldiers, Eg: higher morale, attack, defence, reload skill etc...
    Dr Zoidberg "We fight over matters of honour, and whether or not abbreviations count in scrabble. THEY DON'T"

“My fault. What I said in the guild was incorrect: rather than ‘death is certain if you follow me’, I actually meant ‘come along and I shall slaughter the lot of you’.”

Ainz Ooal Gown Overlord Light Novels
  • kkoopman3kkoopman3 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited February 2014
    ApocoRaven wrote: »
    I am wondering how one could get an archer unit of say, bow kachi, to become a veteran unit so i can upgrade it and change the colour and stuff. PLEASE HELP
    The more arrows they fire, and especially the more people they kill, the higher XP they will get. Also, melee combat will increase their level but I don't suggest that, as they will most likely get annihilated.
    昔の良い戦闘機は最初の敗北の可能性を超えて手に入れたし、次に敵を倒す機会を待った。
    Mukashi no yoi sentōki wa saisho no haiboku no kanōsei o koete teniireta shi, tsugini tekiwotaosu kikai o matta.
    "The good fighters of old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy."