Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I did it!

sogayasogaya MemberRegistered Users Posts: 77
I don't know why I did it but I did. I was playing Aizu at the hard level and I reached a point that it was an obvious win and there wasn't much point in playing it out. But instead I decided to raise the bar and give myself a higher goal. . I decided to go for a Republican domination campaign victory--before realm divide. It was a little tough but I did it. Of course as soon as I got my 38 provinces, it declared a win for me but I just continued the campaign until I got the required 65 provinces for a republican domination victory. I captured 52 provinces on my last turn , so there was never a realm divide. Crazy I guess. Time to take a shower.
Post edited by sogaya on

Comments

• sogayasogaya Member Registered Users Posts: 77
    edited March 2014
    This time I really did it. I raised the bar even further- conquer all of Japan before realm Divide. This time it was Jozai at the hard level. Jozai's ability to replenish in enemy territory helped a lot. Also my Aizu and Nagaoka allies had about 40 provinces which allowed me to position my armies for the takeover. I had recruiting centers in Sagami, owari, ugo, kaga, bizen and satsuma churning out exceptionally accurate shogunate infantry at little or no recruiting cost as well as 8 top ranked shinsegumi bribing every army they could find. At the end my army and navy upkeep cost was over 220,000 per turn and with my taxes at very high level I was still losing over 130,000 per turn. I was one turn away from bankruptcy when I launched my attack. The last province to fall was one of the small islands held by Saga where they had 4 or 5 full stacks holed up. I couldn't get an army there to beat them, so i requested peace and them to be my vassal. They only agreed when I included a 100,000 payment, but then all of Japan was mine before realm divide. I think that last turn took 4 or 5 hours.
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,428
    edited March 2014
    Want to really impress me, conquer all of Japan in S2 w/o hitting RD. :p
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • sogayasogaya Member Registered Users Posts: 77
    edited March 2014
    It's really not that impressive. The truth is that it was not really that hard. The hard part was just having the patience to do the long tedious preparation. Having done it once, I'm not inclined to do it again since it is not an especially fun way to play the game. Actually it's harder to simply win a regular campaign at the very hard level (which I have done). What's really impressive is winning at the legendary level, which I have never been able to do.
  • easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,428
    edited March 2014
    Hats off to you and good show.

My post was really just a bit of a joke of course, since there is no way to finish S2 w/o triggering RD.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • moglornmoglorn Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 187
    edited May 2014
    easytarget wrote: »
    Hats off to you and good show.

My post was really just a bit of a joke of course, since there is no way to finish S2 w/o triggering RD.

Lies i did it:p
  • Shiningpotato16Shiningpotato16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 569
    edited May 2014
    sogaya wrote: »
    It's really not that impressive. The truth is that it was not really that hard. The hard part was just having the patience to do the long tedious preparation. Having done it once, I'm not inclined to do it again since it is not an especially fun way to play the game. Actually it's harder to simply win a regular campaign at the very hard level (which I have done). What's really impressive is winning at the legendary level, which I have never been able to do.

I have won on legendary, and I would claim that that's not exruciatingly difficult as the Oda.
    If the water is up to your neck: chin up