Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What Makes FotS Even Better?

Free RoninFree Ronin Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 329
The Radious full overhaul mod!

Been playing a good amount of FotS with this and every campaign has been fun, challenging, and interesting.

Use it!:mad::o
" But nothing makes the team prouder than delivering a 90 percent game and selling two million copies. So that's the bottom line, and people do come to understand that."
Post edited by Free Ronin on

Comments

• easytargeteasytarget Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,428
    edited March 2014
    Hum, no.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Free RoninFree Ronin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 329
    edited March 2014
    No?...Why not? What mod(s) do you play it with?
    " But nothing makes the team prouder than delivering a 90 percent game and selling two million copies. So that's the bottom line, and people do come to understand that."
  • BMNOBLE981BMNOBLE981 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,211
    edited March 2014
    I didn't see anything wrong with vanilla FOTS
    Dr Zoidberg "We fight over matters of honour, and whether or not abbreviations count in scrabble. THEY DON'T"

“My fault. What I said in the guild was incorrect: rather than ‘death is certain if you follow me’, I actually meant ‘come along and I shall slaughter the lot of you’.”

Ainz Ooal Gown Overlord Light Novels
  • Free RoninFree Ronin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 329
    edited March 2014
    I didn't say there was anything wrong with the vanilla version bmnoble. I just said it made it even better;)
    edited March 2014
    And that would be where we disagree. I've not seen any mod for S2/ROTS/FOTS that improves the game.

The mods that mattered and truly accomplished improvements were pre-warscape, specifically R1 and ME2.

So, no.
  • moglornmoglorn Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 187
    edited May 2014
    i would agree with noble but after i played with the radious mod, dude you are missing out
  • BIOnodeBIOnode Member Registered Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2014
    Cheers for the recommend.
    edited May 2014
    moglorn wrote: »
    i would agree with noble but after i played with the radious mod, dude you are missing out

You just have too little experience playing this series to know what you're talking about would be my guess.

Want to know what a real mod looks like, one done properly, go load up R1 running EB or MTW2 running Stainless Steel 6.4.
  • Tyer032392Tyer032392 Senior Member FloridaRegistered Users Posts: 4,787
    edited May 2014
    I can confirm what easytarget is saying about the mods. The mods from the pre-Warscape days were phenonimal compared to the mods that are made in the Warscape engine. There were so many overhaul mods, and plenty more immersive mods for Rome and Med2 that makes the best Warscape mod look minute in comparison.

Ex.
    -Europa Barbarium
    -Stainless Steel
    -Retrofit
    -EB 2 for Med2
    -Warhammer: Total War
    -Lord of the Rings: Total War
    -Star Wars: Total War
    Ready for Three Kingdom's TW: I5-6600k, EVGA Geforce GTX 1070SC, 16Gigs RAM, WD Blue PC SSD @ 500GB
  • nihao123456ftwnihao123456ftw Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 22
    edited August 2014
    Am I the only one who dislikes the Radious mod? I played the Sengoku Jidai version and military units are just so cheap that it becomes like constant micro management having to recruit units all the time and it's annoying. The system mimics the dull-ness of vanilla FotS's naval system - no unit variety and its like the more expensive units are better
  • BlessBless Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 449
    edited August 2014
    Fots is so good that i don't dare to put mods in it.