Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shogun Demo Bottleneck Keeping Crossfire Down?

VarulfrVarulfr MemberPosts: 33Registered Users
edited March 2011 in Technology
So I recently got a second Radeon HD 5770 to crossfire my rig for the release of Shogun 2, but after playing the demo I'm not really noticing any kind of improvement.

I tested in 3dMark 2011 and I'm getting almost 100% performance increase (2662 Marks to 4986), so why am I not seeing that in the Shogun demo? Is it because it's CPU intensive? Is it because the demo isn't well optimized/the final build of the code?
Post edited by Varulfr on

Comments

• AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited March 2011
    Sorry man this has been answered about 14 times in the forum either in the S2 forum on various threads or here as well.

Its an unoptimized version per CA, no one is getting any great performance from multiple cards. Release version will carry more optimizations, and NVidia and AMD should get driver updates and profiles that have anything to do with the full version sometime shortly after release.

CLOSED
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
This discussion has been closed.