Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What graphic settings will my pc run shogun 2 on?

NuggetBlubberNuggetBlubber Junior MemberPosts: 1Registered Users
edited March 2011 in Technology
Right now I have a desktop with windows 7 installed in it. I just got this computer over the summer it has an amd athlon x4 2.9ghz proccessor and 6gb of ddr3 ram. I upgraded the power supply to a 500watt that can be pushed to 600watts. I also updated my graphics card to a nividia geforce 9800 GT 1gb. I thought this computer would be great for games but I was disappointed to find out it only runs empire on medium high and napoleon on high with pretty bad framerates at some times.

This worries me cause I realy want to be able to play shogun 2 when it comes out at least on high settings to get a good gaming performance. I was planning on updating my 9800 to a ati radeon 5770 1gb ddr5. will this be able to run shogun 2 on high settings with my other specs in my computer please let me know.
Post edited by NuggetBlubber on

Comments

• AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited February 2011
    Moved. Reasonable question, wrong Forum or wrong Thread.

Answer, Probably. 5770 is a good card and I would expect high medium to high on that card with Win7, a decent quad and 6gigs of DDR3. The processor could be a bit faster, but if the multicore support is anything like what I hope it will be, that should easily do a creditable job. If you can afford to wait a little, prices are going to keep coming down so you may be able to afford even a better card in just a little while and still before game release.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
  • RubixRubix Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited March 2011
    Hey, i was wondering whats the highest graphic settings i would be able to run Shogun 2 on.
    I have Windows 7 installed
    My processor is a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T with 8GB of DDR3 1800 Ram. I have a 800 watt power supply and my graphic card is a AMD Radeon HD 6970 - 2GB. With these specs i was wondering whats the highest setting i could play it on. It would be nice if you could tell me. Thank you
  • AlJabberwockAlJabberwock Moderator USAPosts: 7,729Moderators, Tech Moderators, Knights
    edited March 2011
    Sorry old man, new topic (YOUR likely results) requires a new thread.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “Every so often things happen that can’t be rationalized in a conventional way. People wanna know their government has a response. I am that response.”
    ― Kent Mansley (in "Iron Giant")

For most general problems, for which you have no idea of the culprit, your first port of call should be:
    https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/categories/200307381-Total-War-Support

If you are aware of a bug or a specific issue for which you know the cause, post in the support section for the specific title on our forums. ~Al

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest