Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

spain help

kimsueilkimsueil MemberPosts: 40Registered Users
edited November 2014 in Napoleon: Total War
can someone please help me,i can´t do good tactics with spain,i now spain isn´t a powerful faction but i like playing with weak factions sometimes
Post edited by kimsueil on

Comments

• shrspeedbladeshrspeedblade Senior Member Posts: 313Registered Users
    edited October 2014
    The only real advantages Spain has are using guerillas, setting them up outside your deployment zone to ambush/surprise opponents, and the fact that their troops are cheap (beware: you get what you pay for lol!). This means you have to use your numerical advantage to flank, create unit 2 vs. 1 situations, etc.

It can be a fun challenge, but if a player is better than you it will only grease the wheels of defeat if you go with Spain!
    <---- That's how I look after all the NTW I've played!
  • GoslingGosling Senior Member Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    edited November 2014
    Of course, you need to buy the Peninsular DLC to get the guerrillas. Otherwise you need to use them as hordes if you play Spain.
    "I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash heads, break faces, and jump up and down on the bits that are left.

An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss.
  • ThesaboteurThesaboteur Senior Member Posts: 812Registered Users
    edited November 2014
    I love their line infantry. So cheap. I usually use the guerillas to take important buildings and places like hills. It takes a bit of practice but you would have to mix in their very cheap infantry with artillery (If the match allows it) and create a firing zone. Their cav should only be used to check enemy cav. And in some cases, the guerillas can be part of your mobile force to flank.