Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rally Point 23 - Wrath of Sparta Announcement!

Comments

• waybanwayban Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 125
    edited December 2014
    I thought CA was done with Rome 2, since Attila's closing in but i was obviously wrong. Keep them coming! :)

Like all, because of the dlc policy, i'll wait for a steam discount but i'll definitely get this one :)

One can still hope then of a campaign pack focused on the middle east or britannia...
  • AstroCatAstroCat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 393
    edited December 2014
    Any other overall game fixes, updates or additions?
    Home/Gaming PC: : [email protected]/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra/ (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro/950 Pro/970 EVO/Saitek X52 Pro/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro/Win10 Pro 64bit
  • ranknfileranknfile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,383
    edited December 2014
    wayban wrote: »
    I thought CA was done with Rome 2, since Attila's closing in but i was obviously wrong. Keep them coming! :)

Like all, because of the dlc policy, i'll wait for a steam discount but i'll definitely get this one :)

One can still hope then of a campaign pack focused on the middle east or britannia...

You do realize that what keeps them churning out DLC is people buying these DLC?
    You have the right to wait for the discounted price but the best way to get more DLC is for each and every DLC to have some folks buying them up, quickly and at full price. BTW, I did not buy all of Rome II's DLC; but I did purchase the ones I wanted ASAP.

The best message one can send a company is not posting on their website, it's using your wallet - or not! I did not buy the critter or chick DLC; my message in that instance was "thanks but no thanks." The rest of the DLC I gobbled up quickly and at full price.
    "Whoever desires is always poor" - Claudian
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonRegistered Users Posts: 3,014
    edited December 2014
    Now that looks like some DLC worth paying money for!

Constantinople is also sizing up to be the host of some truly epic sieges.

None of those dried-out Boxing Day leftovers we've had a lot of in the past. These were some steaming M&S-grade turkey slices. Only thing missing was some soft focus camerawork and a huskily suggestive female voice-over.

Cheers guys!
  • AkrotiriAkrotiri Senior Member Hellenic RepublicRegistered Users Posts: 873
    edited December 2014
    I don't see it for sale on STEAM yet..
    "Hence we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks"
    -Winston Churchill , after the Greek victory against fascist Italy during WW2.
    explorechios.gr
  • VastatorVastator Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    edited December 2014
    Campaign seems nice, unfortunately all the units will look almost the same, but this has to be expected.
    The backbone of Greek naval assets is composed of tactical variations on the Dieres and Trieres hull types, with a greater focus on ramming and boarding. In addition, troop transports act more as cargo ships than combat vessels, and are no longer able to ram in naval battles, reducing the unfair advantage of troop convoys in naval warfare. This change will be retroactively applied to all ROME II campaigns.

That's good.:D I hope that it'll be one of many improvements for Rome II base game (which has still many areas where patching is needed).
    Disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Also because i don't work for The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Creator of "Vastator Unit Style" for Shogun 2: Here or here
  • HannibalBarkasHannibalBarkas Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,860
    edited December 2014
    mister-00z wrote: »
    "These factions are available only in the Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack. The Factions Sparta and Athens in the Grand Campagne (part of the Greek State Culture Pack) remain the same. Release date will be Dec. 16th and you can preorder here."
    no words about multiplayer so it's can be there

Calm down, dude. You didn't even have an answer to his question.
  • mister-00zmister-00z Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 298
    edited December 2014
    Calm down, dude. You didn't even have an answer to his question.
    i just on hype train
  • KinKadeKinKade Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 29
    edited December 2014
    Yes yes and yes!
  • CountOfUSACountOfUSA Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 909
    edited December 2014
    its nice but on the wiki page the Corinth link isn't working.

Also please make persia playable and maybe (long-shot) Corinth. Corinth would just be a port while persia would probably need some work.
    Team Western Empire. (Get rid of that bloat!)
    Fredrin wrote: »
    Nice! Who needs a palantir when you have an official wiki eh?
  • MatmannenMatmannen Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,235
    edited December 2014
    Right CA haven't said this for a while but SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!
  • AmbigatosAmbigatos Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    edited December 2014
    Now that looks like some DLC worth paying money for!

Constantinople is also sizing up to be the host of some truly epic sieges!

Isn't that for Attila though? That's not the new Rome 2 campaign. Don't forget that video showed two different games.
    Team Boii
    - Mutina (218 BC) : Boii ambush. 800 Roman soldiers and six standards lost.
    - Litana Forest (216 BC) : Boii ambush. 25,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with consul-elect Lucius Postumius Albinus.
    - Mutilum (201 BC) : Boii ambush. 7,000 Roman soldiers slain, along with Legate Caius Oppius.
    - Near Cuomo (196 BC) : Boii ambush. Claudius Marcellus and 3,000 of his men are slain.
    - Hercynia (114 BC) : Boii repel the Cimbri
  • mackoffmackoff Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    New factions and roosters will be also added to multiplayer mode or not?

It's very important information for huge group of Total War fans but we received nothing about it...
    LVEX_mackoff
  • asdasvfasdasvf Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 21
    edited December 2014
    this is so populist. i am just hoping there will be solutions to existing problems with this dlc
  • Matty CAMatty CA Creative Assembly Registered Users Posts: 595
    edited December 2014
    CountOfUSA wrote: »
    its nice but on the wiki page the Corinth link isn't working.

Also please make persia playable and maybe (long-shot) Corinth. Corinth would just be a port while persia would probably need some work.

It works when you click on the name, I'll fix the faction symbol in a mojo. In the meantime here's the link.

As for Persia, check out the Wrath of Sparta Wiki page, the Persians might not be playable, but they certainly have a role to play.

xiosisland wrote: »
    I don't see it for sale on STEAM yet..

Patience friend. The Steam page should update in about a couple of hours.
    Community Co-ordinator - Total War Digital Team

Total War Battles Social Media Channels
    Facebook: /totalwarbattles
    Twitter: @totalwarbattles

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • mister-00zmister-00z Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 298
    edited December 2014
    and about multiplayer?
  • VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 954
    edited December 2014
    Matty CA wrote: »

It works when you click on the name, I'll fix the faction symbol in a mojo. In the meantime here's the link.

As for Persia, check out the Wrath of Sparta Wiki page, the Persians might not be playable, but they certainly have a role to play.

So does this DLC do anything for the GC? Other than the troop transport nerf?
  • dorfdorf Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 209
    edited December 2014
    Hopefully some hidden improvements to naval combat in general.
  • GuerrilleroGuerrillero Senior Member EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 543
    edited December 2014
    I would like to start the campaing with the thermopylae battle, but peloponesyan war is also great.

I can't belive persian are not playable... just hellenic factions? that is not a good thing
    Malekith is the true Phoenix King and Wood elves can suck my Widow-maker

AZoReu8.png
  • ARTOISARTOIS Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 878
    edited December 2014
    Looks awesome, and love how the wiki pic shows the spartan guy left handed! Finally some love for us lefties!

lefties.. *shudders*
    You KNOW I'm right.
    edited December 2014
    Matty CA wrote: »

I would like to start the campaing with the thermopylae battle, but peloponesyan war is also great.

I can't belive persian are not playable... just hellenic factions? that is not a good thing
    I don't mind it in the new campaign. Its not dissimilar to what the announced plans are for Attila. But I would like in GC. It would be a kind of restore to glory situation.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,953
    edited December 2014
    Will this dlc means improvement for hoplite, phalanx and naval battles as well to Grand Campaign?
  • Matty CAMatty CA Creative Assembly Registered Users Posts: 595
    edited December 2014
    mackoff wrote: »
    New factions and roosters will be also added to multiplayer mode or not?

It's very important information for huge group of Total War fans but we received nothing about it...

You will be able play the Wrath of Sparta Campaign in co-op and head-to-head multiplayer.

The Wrath of Sparta playable factions will however not be added to the list of playable factions in custom multi player battles.

AstroCat wrote: »
    Any other overall game fixes, updates or additions?

As we did with most of our previous DLCs, a new patch will be implemented on release day. Further details on the improvements and changes will be provided at a later date and the update will be performed automatically via Steam for all ROME II players.
    Community Co-ordinator - Total War Digital Team

Total War Battles Social Media Channels
    Facebook: /totalwarbattles
    Twitter: @totalwarbattles

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • stealthnskstealthnsk Senior Member NovosibirskRegistered Users Posts: 1,166
    edited December 2014
    Nice but why is Persia not playable?

For the same reason why Huns are not going to be playable in Attila. They are game mechanic to provide late-game challenge.
    edited December 2014
    Did Will/Craig mention or is anyone clairvoyant enough to predict when it will be available to buy?
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,132
    edited December 2014
    One notices that the Greeks appear to be barefoot, like in pottery. :cool:
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • stealthnskstealthnsk Senior Member NovosibirskRegistered Users Posts: 1,166
    edited December 2014
    Did Will/Craig mention or is anyone clairvoyant enough to predict when it will be available to buy?

You could buy it right now. You'll be able to play it on December, 16. I'm clairvoyant enough to read official wiki.
  • GuerrilleroGuerrillero Senior Member EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 543
    edited December 2014
    stealthnsk wrote: »
    For the same reason why Huns are not going to be playable in Attila. They are game mechanic to provide late-game challenge.

Well, when you play CiG campaing there are some mid-game challenges from the other factions and they are still playable.
    Malekith is the true Phoenix King and Wood elves can suck my Widow-maker

AZoReu8.png
    edited December 2014
    You could buy it right now. You'll be able to play it on December, 16. I'm clairvoyant enough to read official wiki.
    ahoy there be sass a plenty starboard!
    sorry I've been playing assassins Rogue recently, cursed pirates.
    Well, when you play CiG campaing there are some mid-game challenges from the other factions and they are still playable.
    it would be overpowered though. Persia was a mighty empire in that time period the same way the Huns were an engine of destruction.
    edited December 2014