Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Just tired of the meta game works

124»

Comments

• winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Posts: 820Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Please stop talking absolute nonsense. The conclusions you see in maximus videos are not made only based on that particular test/video. They´re a result of observation on the battlefield and a lot of other testing and discussing between players. The video, while still accurate, is merely a ilustration of this conclusions. There might have been some little, but very little, influence of army losses in the final stats of the last thorax hoplite, maybe. But there definitely was no chain route and yes, thorax hoplites will do worse than thorax swords against barbarians, royal spartans will loose to oathsworn and hoplites will suffer and be cost ineffective against swords in almost all scenarios.
    I agree in one point. You really need in depth understanding of the mechanics to raise logical and trusty conclusions, which you didn´t at all with your testing against the AI.
    Take a friend who plays the game and do the re testing with him. You´ll see for yourself how ridiculous conclusions raised by testing with the AI are.

Stop BSing around with all your self-assumption after watching a video dude. The testing was done in a controlled environment, and hoplites win is oblivious because they have much higher stat and superior damage comparing to all non-Celtic Sword.
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Posts: 402Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    Stop BSing around with all your self-assumption after watching a video dude. The testing was done in a controlled environment, and hoplites win is oblivious because they have much higher stat and superior damage comparing to all non-Celtic Sword.

thorax hoplites and late carthaginian hoplites beat thorax swords, yes. but thorax swords, pontic swords and the other you mentioned are dog-**** melee infantry, and saying that hoplites need to be nerfed because they can beat them is garbage. all the factions that have access to thorax swordsmen have either access to thorax hoplites/strong hoplites or excellent cavalry which make up for the lack of quality in thorax/pontic swordsmen.

if hoplites beat chosen swords or mid-tier barbarian infantry, then yes they should be nerfed. but that isn't and never was the case.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    you're all too busy getting rude and have forgotten the point of the thread. The relative balance of hoplites and swords isn't too bad but you don't need spears because cav is easy to kill
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited February 2015

I actually helped making that video genious. So no assumption. A lot of testing.
    But i think i can explain your results with the hoplites. For some weird reason, your game is bugged and stoped updating after patch 15 beta.
    Again... update your game, invite a friend, if you have one, and do your testings again. You might come out with something interesting instead of wasting my precious time.
    edited February 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    you're all too busy getting rude and have forgotten the point of the thread. The relative balance of hoplites and swords isn't too bad but you don't need spears because cav is easy to kill

If CA is going to patch again, thy should stop changing the stats since it didn´t work very well in 16 attempts. Reduce hoplite price by 10 to 15%, give back the bonus vs infantry to sword cav and remove the bonus vs large from precursor javelins. Its not perfect but it would help a lot. Yes, i know there are more issues than that, but at this stage we can´t hope for a lot more.
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKPosts: 1,136Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    I don't think were going to get another patch tbh
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
    edited February 2015
    EDIT
    btw, Obelix The Great, you are da real MVP, enduring all those boring tests with Maximus! : )

Thanks. I actually like it a lot doing those tests. They help me and a lot of players to better understand the game and its mechanics, also there are other guys that help, so its not all on me.
    edited February 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    I don't think were going to get another patch tbh

I would be surprised if another patch comes out. But hope didn´t die yet.