Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[idea] touching the red line for a certain amount of time routs units

ArhuArhu Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 192
edited March 2015 in Multiplayer
I like to suggest that touching the red line for a certain amount of time (like 30s) will make a unit rout automatically. Some people in MP really deserve to have this implemented, camping with pike boxes against the red lines, untouchable
Post edited by Arhu on

Comments

• CagataiKhanCagataiKhan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 808
    edited March 2015
    I think Moral Penalty or abilty penalty. can being 50 range distance from redline.. Dojos can coming again. Extra ammo , Moral ,Speed advantage etc..
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Registered Users Posts: 1,485
    edited March 2015
    Arhu wrote: »
    I like to suggest that touching the red line for a certain amount of time (like 30s) will make a unit rout automatically. Some people in MP really deserve to have this implemented, camping with pike boxes against the red lines, untouchable

Won't work. Because however close you need to be to the redline for that to come into effect will be as close as they get to the redline, resulting in just the same.

There is a perfect solution to redline camping. Key buildings.

Key buildings in Shogun 2 were placed around the map (not at the edges) and if someone claimed all 3 - a clock would count down and that person would win. So in that case campers would lose.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • ArhuArhu Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 192
    edited March 2015
    You could make it that the clock will count if they stand still because of course the attacker needs to be able to go around them without routing too. Needing to capture buildings will just make people rush to those buildings...
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Registered Users Posts: 1,485
    edited March 2015
    You could make it that the clock will count if they stand still because of course the attacker needs to be able to go around them without routing too. Needing to capture buildings will just make people rush to those buildings...

So all someone needs to do to redline camp is move their troops a little every so often. Hardly a burden.

Would this counter count for each unit, or the army as a whole?
    Needing to capture buildings will just make people rush to those buildings..

They don't have to confer bonuses to the troops so you won't need to capture the buildings, not unless your opponents decides to camp. And the buildings would be spread out so the only way someone can claim all three is if your opponent lets you - ie - is camping.

This has already been proven to work.
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKRegistered Users Posts: 1,136
    edited March 2015
    Again like most problems, redline camping is very rare. Not met one red line camper in nearly 100 quick battles now.
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
    edited March 2015
    memccann wrote: »
    Again like most problems, redline camping is very rare. Not met one red line camper in nearly 100 quick battles now.

I already meat quite a few. I don't really mind loosing games, I don't even mind art and elefant too much but pike boxes :mad:
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    edited March 2015

Intetresting, but the maps are already too small. Making them smaller is a bad idea, even if it prevent camping a bit.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
    edited March 2015
    Yeah maps are pretty small but this wouldn't really make it smaller because you could still flank, as long as you move or are engaged the timer wouldn't start (moving pikes can't defend)
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 402
    edited March 2015
    CA needs to implement fireball showers from the heavens to those who redline camp. Its only fair, its only fire.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • PariyaPariya Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 567
    edited March 2015
    Why the bashing? I think this is a really good idea actually. The maps should of course be bigger as well.
    I guess i'll start linking my channel again: http://www.YouTube.com/BadEgoGM