Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA please

EmergingYetiEmergingYeti MemberRegistered Users Posts: 40
edited April 2015 in Multiplayer
I know previous threads have mentioned this but i think this issue deserves its own thread. We need heavy cav to have a reduced charge speed and light cav to get a bit faster. I think maximus did a real good job explaining the situation so you should check out his video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh1uTWdtUsY please change this in patch 3 as it will make light cav more viable and the huns could actually become competitive.
Post edited by EmergingYeti on

Comments

• BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesRegistered Users Posts: 1,627
    edited April 2015
    CA apply those changes for the love of God (or any god that you like)
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • PaminaPamina Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 936
    edited April 2015
    the huns could actually become competitive.

Huns are top tier,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfLlFwnPkEg.
    "because you know nothing of multi-player and know nothing of tactics." Hero of Freedom (Too much GoT)

I'm Panda_Warrior on steam.
    edited April 2015
    Pamina wrote: »

Fing love those video you post in here :D

And I think that you meant : Uar are top tier :o

Though you are right, the Huns are good, not for the good reasons though... :(
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 402
    edited April 2015
    Belialxv wrote: »
    Fing love those video you post in here :D

And I think that you meant : Uar are top tier :o

Though you are right, the Huns are good, not for the good reasons though... :(

This just sums up huns the best. They are VERY good, but not for the right reasons. Even as someone with hardly a fraction of the historical knowledge many have around here, I cry a little inside whenever I see a Hunnic infantry rush build with 6 steppe cataphract placeholder cavalry. It just ain't right.

The thing is, their HA are actually quite decent RELATIVE to other skirmishers. The problem is skirimshers in general don't affect games much, partly due to the fast paced nature of the game, and partly due to game balance resulting in skirmishers being too weak to affect battles in the time needed.

IF you can manage to make a game last longer than 10 minutes with your horse archers relatively intact, you can expect them to get 100-150 kills (that is, provided you charge them into enemy infantry as well to take advantage of the ridiculous impact damage in Attila)

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwiyx2Y-ZRQ
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • DiplomattDiplomatt Senior Member Preston, UKRegistered Users Posts: 1,136
    edited April 2015
    The hun shock cav is good though
    [WOLF]Diplomatt

Moderator of www.reddit.com/r/totalwar
  • ColeusColeus Senior Member Western Roman EmpireRegistered Users Posts: 666
    edited April 2015
    Remember the ERE faction video "White Horse" where the ERE cavalry charges the Hunnic horse archers and is summarily slaughtered? In the actual game, ERE heavy cavalry easily chases down the light Hunnic missile cavalry and butchers them to death. From "Scourge of God" to "Feast for Crows" in about 30 seconds.

I'm sure CA will rebalance, however. Keep the faith people, the real Huns are coming.
    "Dear God, forgive us."

Grizzled TW veteran.
  • blademaster3090blademaster3090 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 402
    edited April 2015
    Coleus wrote: »
    Keep the faith people, the real Huns are coming.

I'm sure they are, but we've been waiting with our mouths open and our eyes closed since the game launched, they really should have come sooner.
    Check out my youtube channel! Mainly Rome 2 Multiplayer tactics, tutorials and replays :)
    www.youtube.com/wolftotalwar
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    Any more buffs to hunic cav and uars have to be nerfed. Hunic HA and there cav in general have good stats. Its the charge speed of all cav beeing the same plus disengaging beeing impossible that hurts their playstyle.
    edited April 2015
    Any more buffs to hunic cav and uars have to be nerfed. Hunic HA and there cav in general have good stats. Its the charge speed of all cav beeing the same plus disengaging beeing impossible that hurts their playstyle.

**** the uar if you want, but give me my cavalry.
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • Voyager IVoyager I Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 122
    edited April 2015

Pretty sure that is what everyone wants.

Or ****, break the White Huns off into their own subfaction, let them take Uars with them, and make the regular Huns into the Huns.
  • |Sith|DesertFox|Sith|DesertFox Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 458
    edited April 2015
    I'm sure they are, but we've been waiting with our mouths open and our eyes closed since the game launched, they really should have come sooner.

Yeah, CA just cummed 2 culturepacks in our mouths' :D
    "Who I am is not important, my message is." ~ Darth Reven
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!! https://www.youtube.com/user/teubel98/feed