Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A mechanic that will change the multiplayer forever(Positive)

TheCopperTalosTheCopperTalos Junior MemberPosts: 12Registered Users
edited April 2015 in Multiplayer
Recently I watched a video from Maximus Deximus Meridius about implentating different charge speed's to cavalry.
Calvary is one of the biggest impact units in the multiplayer. The charge speed should be based on the mass of the
horse. This makes factions like the Huns playable in multiplayer. The charge speed will also increase the charge
bonus, so the units don't need much stats changes. Futher I want to implentate better turn speeds to the calvary.
See video's below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZCiBRv6****
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh1uTWdtUsY
Post edited by TheCopperTalos on

Comments

• MurderinMurderin Senior Member Posts: 1,363Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    So make cav better than it already is?

No thanks.
  • |Sith|DesertFox|Sith|DesertFox Senior Member Posts: 458Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Murderin wrote: »

No thanks.

Lol it would help nerf heavier cav.
    "Who I am is not important, my message is." ~ Darth Reven
    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!! https://www.youtube.com/user/teubel98/feed
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Lol it would help nerf heavier cav.

Indeed, this is the most important change that CA need to make.

To the pont that theres already 2 threads about it :p
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Posts: 228Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    Murderin wrote: »

No thanks.

It wouldn´t make cav better at all. Each cav would have its charge speed according to its mass. It would nerf way more than buff and also make more units usefull.
    Tusk Mod adds this features with great results.
  • antiques roadshowantiques roadshow Senior Member Posts: 247Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    wasn't that how it used to be back in the day, when skirmisher cavalry were faster than heavy cavalry? lol whats the use of "light" cavalry if they don't have speed? i hope it was a mistake, or did CA just **** it up again?
  • WalrusJonesWalrusJones Member Posts: 84Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    It wouldn´t make cav better at all. Each cav would have its charge speed according to its mass. It would nerf way more than buff and also make more units usefull.
    Tusk Mod adds this features with great results.

I would like to point out, it does put checks and balances on heavy cavalry, but it also does make slingers more useful in a very strange, indirect way:

When light cavalry can kite, anything that can reduce the enemies speed is far more important, as it makes it slings can help in catching the lighter, faster units, when heavier cavalry on their own are not self sufficient.
  • SnipingAchillesSnipingAchilles Senior Member BelgiumPosts: 289Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    It's funny that you guys want them to keep changing stats to balance it out. But still, there will be no in depth tactical play like you had in other total wars except Rome II and this game.

They srsly need to overhaul everything. And maybe stop adding more of these stats like health etc...
    AggonyAchilles on Steam.

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/snipingachilles
  • BelialxvBelialxv Senior Member SteppesPosts: 1,627Registered Users
    edited April 2015
    It's funny that you guys want them to keep changing stats to balance it out. But still, there will be no in depth tactical play like you had in other total wars except Rome II and this game.

They srsly need to overhaul everything. And maybe stop adding more of these stats like health etc...

True, but we are trying to save the huge mess in here :p
    ajz9uoslnqoi.jpg

HUITZILOPOCHTLI

god of war

LIZARDMEN #makelustriagreatagain
    Clan Moulder #masterclan